Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DidiFan

August Closer Thread 2018

1 minute ago, B&F said:

Alexander is throwing batting practice.

Tool bag just blew a dominant performance by Kershaw. 

Fantasy owners rejoicing they don’t have to see Familia close games anymore.  Just an absolute loser.  

5 minutes ago, Random Dude said:

Field back soon, right?

Good question.   

That very optimistic Jensen blurb was interesting.  How much time did he miss last time this happened?

I'd use Maeda.

11 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Fantasy owners rejoicing they don’t have to see Familia close games anymore.  Just an absolute loser.  

Isn't it crazy we think of some of these guys as losers when we would give our left nut to switch places with them?

1 hour ago, Dontrelle Willis said:

Do you guys think there’s  any chance that Dakota Hudson starts getting some save chances over Jordan Hicks if Norris loses his job. 

Hicks will stay in the setup role and Dakota will be the closer RoS

37 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Treinen lets his runners score. Bit of an up and down outing for Blake as he gives up two hits but strikes out the side around that. 

52 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Treinen lets his runners score. Bit of an up and down outing for Blake as he gives up two hits but strikes out the side around that. 

Yes, that son of ... I still have Familia because he and all my other closers were traded to Oakland. 

3 hours ago, thefamily79 said:

So...Glover...drop?

3 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Definitely not. 

Well, do you want a closer for a week, maybe at most 2?

Doolittle already started throwing and should be back by the 24th at the latest, maybe even the 21st:

https://districtondeck.com/2018/08/12/washington-nationals-sean-doolittle-ready-ramp-recovery/

Herrera started throwing as well:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/5826/kelvin-herrera

Not to mention Glover just blew a save...

Who is the add in Milwalkee I would have to say Knebel probably ruined his chances maybe not though

8 hours ago, quietj said:

My mistake, same difference though regarding Glover’s and Martinez’ confidence in him.

It was a walk off HR.  Martinez didn’t take him out

1 hour ago, jeffr913 said:

Who is the add in Milwalkee I would have to say Knebel probably ruined his chances maybe not though

Jeffress and Hader will likely split the job. IMO, Hader gets multi inning chances and Jeffress the one inning chances. 

2 hours ago, jeffr913 said:

I think Knebel will be allowed to work out his issues in low leverage situations and given the opportunity to come back.

Any point in holding Alexander at this point?  I don't want to be too reactionary to just one outing, but damn.

18 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Any point in holding Alexander at this point?  I don't want to be too reactionary to just one outing, but damn.

I am in a deep league and there are better save spec pitchers on my wire.  Leclerc?

how long should I hold alexander for? 2 bad outings....

2 hours ago, B&F said:

I am in a deep league and there are better save spec pitchers on my wire.  Leclerc?

There's been an obvious lack of opportunities in comparison, but Leclerc is without question the better pitcher of the two.  For that reason alone I would make the switch immediately.

3 hours ago, mi26 said:

how long should I hold alexander for? 2 bad outings....

Depends on your situation. You could get a much more personalized answer if you post this in the bc forum. 

18 hours ago, knuckleheads said:

Gotta love rotoworld and their timely advice.   Kinda funny as this is their "recommendations" from yesterday and today.   Poor schmucks who have to rely on their information.

Seth Lugo on Sunday:

Seth Lugo scattered a pair of hits and fired a scoreless ninth inning to record his first save of the year in the Mets' win over the Marlins on Sunday.
Lugo was called upon to preserve a one-run lead in the ninth inning after Robert Gsellman fired a scoreless eighth. He immediately gave up a leadoff single to pinch-hitter J.T. Realmuto, but got the ensuing batter, Rafael Ortega, to ground into a double-play. Miguel Rojas delivered a two-out base knock, but Lugo induced a game-ending worm-burner off the bat of Starlin Castro to slam the door. He needed just 17 pitches to close this one out. The 28-year-old is the heavy favorite to close for the Mets down the home stretch with Anthony Swarzak on the disabled list with shoulder inflammation. He's 3-3 with a 2.77 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and 78/26 K/BB ratio in 81 1/3 innings. Aug 12

Gsellman on Monday:

Robert Gsellman pitched a perfect ninth for a save Monday against the Yankees.

Gsellman couldn't go more that two straight appearances without allowing a run in the latter part of June and the entire month of July, but he's on a nice run of late, through 6 2/3 scoreless innings in six appearances this month. Anthony Swarzak could reenter the mix for saves soon, but Gsellman is the clear favorite for now.

It’s just different writers giving their opinion.   Anything in blue is usually just an opinion.  You choose whether to follow their opinion or not. 

3 hours ago, Ratso1022 said:

It’s just different writers giving their opinion.   Anything in blue is usually just an opinion.  You choose whether to follow their opinion or not. 

Quite aware of that.  However, the comments are still under one site and just looks silly if nothing else. Perhaps they should identify who is saying what to avoid in the future. Not the first time...