Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DidiFan

August Closer Thread 2018

14 minutes ago, B&F said:

This is from July 28. Almost a month ago after they acquired him. 

It only says he could see some high leverage innings. 

Oh, and it’s the GM talking, not the manager who actually makes the decision.

I mean, maybe Pressly sees some save opps, but it’s highly unlikely with the arms they have now. But either way, posting this link is absolutely meaningless (no offense).

I don't see why so many writers assume rondon is gonna lose the closer gig. Even before osuna came back it was like a ticking time bomb. Last night he gave up the big double but the play at the plate should've been an out. Wasn't enoigh evidence to overrule call on the field. 

For the most part rondon has been very solid and the commentators last night I'm pretty sure said that was his first run given up on the road all season

And... It shouldn't have been a run scored anyway 

8 minutes ago, ValhallaVikings said:

I don't see why so many writers assume rondon is gonna lose the closer gig. Even before osuna came back it was like a ticking time bomb. Last night he gave up the big double but the play at the plate should've been an out. Wasn't enoigh evidence to overrule call on the field. 

For the most part rondon has been very solid and the commentators last night I'm pretty sure said that was his first run given up on the road all season

And... It shouldn't have been a run scored anyway 

I’m a Rondon owner, but it’s fair to speculate. 

1) He’s struggling at a bad time; OAK is now right on their heels

2) They went and got a proven stud closer to solidify their bullpen. He’s there, which COULD make a decision like that easier for a manager 

2 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I’m a Rondon owner, but it’s fair to speculate. 

1) He’s struggling at a bad time; OAK is now right on their heels

2) They went and got a proven stud closer to solidify their bullpen. He’s there, which COULD make a decision like that easier for a manager 

He's blown two saves but I saw alot of articles making the assumption he would instantly lose his job once ocuna was activated even while he was pitching very consistent. Seems like the bearish outlook was there prior to any of his struggles. 

Even after taking over from Giles for a month writers still seemed very bearish on rondon. He's done a good job, and I still say last night was a blunder.. As we're out at the plate, and even if not there shouldn't have been enough evidence to overrule call on field

37 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Is Knebel done?

It's hard to tell, but he was seen in the bullpen after his appearance today t-bagging a cardboard cutout of himself, so I'm guessing he thinks he's dead for the season.

The state of the Marlins...somebody named Brett Graves is trying to lock down a save against Bryce Harper.

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Glover is done. 

Should have never really been given the job, but I'm not sure if they have any other alternatives with all of the injuries.  Don't feel like looking it up right now.

1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Glover is done. 

Maybe they should let Holland try lol.

48 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

I wouldn't be surprised at this point. 

9 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Should have never really been given the job, but I'm not sure if they have any other alternatives with all of the injuries.  Don't feel like looking it up right now.

Latest roto blurb says Herrera could be back a soon as Tuesday. Seems like he would take the job right back. What's the status of Doolittle?

9 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Herrera is back Tuesday or Wednesday 

it was in rotoworld.  For some reason I can’t copy and paste.  

14 hours ago, indycolts88 said:

Any chance vizcaino sneaks back in the mix after this?

It’s definitely possible. He was elite before the injury happened. 

5 hours ago, bradwatson said:

Latest roto blurb says Herrera could be back a soon as Tuesday. Seems like he would take the job right back. What's the status of Doolittle?

Martinez said he felt "OK, but not great" after last bullpen session. Said they're trying to alter his mechanics to pitch through it but doesn't sound like a return is imminent

The Vizcaino/Minter situation is gonna make a lot of people mad.. whichever way the wind blows 

2 hours ago, ValhallaVikings said:

Said they're trying to alter his mechanics to pitch through it.

That's a horrible idea. 

His agent needs to step up and protect his client.

Anyway, anyone have a feel for the Dodgers situation atm?

And meanwhile HADER has taken sole control of the closer role in Milwaukee

Remember when people were saying "Knebel is coming back" lol

Hail Hader!

On 8/16/2018 at 11:09 PM, WinterBall said:

Leclerc has been dominant lately, 25:3 K:BB over his last 15 2/3 (June 30th).  18 of his last 19 appearances have been scoreless.

Hope his control this year is real, he had no idea where it was going when he came up a couple years ago.

Leclerc had an off day today.  He only struck out 1.