NYR Fan 116894

Quincy Enunwa 2018 Outlook

So is he a must start for everybody who managed to roster him this week? Or are any of us holding him on the bench to see if this weeks production will be similar to last? Like it was said above in this thread somewhere he should be everybody’s WR5. Unless you have early question marks at WR I’m curious to see how many people will be firing him up this week. In the 2 leagues I own him we start 3 WR so I’m gonna fire him up as my WR3 and see what happens!

2 hours ago, Butters said:

Agree. And that helps Enunwa, IMO. He may be end up being Darnold’s safety blanket.

He already IS the safety blanket.  

Don't you guys think he's a bit overhyped? I mean, yes he had a good game against a s--- defense but once NYJ play a solid defense he will get shut down, don't you think?

2 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

So is he a must start for everybody who managed to roster him this week? Or are any of us holding him on the bench to see if this weeks production will be similar to last? Like it was said above in this thread somewhere he should be everybody’s WR5. Unless you have early question marks at WR I’m curious to see how many people will be firing him up this week. In the 2 leagues I own him we start 3 WR so I’m gonna fire him up as my WR3 and see what happens!

No need to overthink this. He commanded 48 percent of the Jets targets in week 1. That number is not going to suddenly plummet to 15 percent. 

3 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Don't you guys think he's a bit overhyped? I mean, yes he had a good game against a s--- defense but once NYJ play a solid defense he will get shut down, don't you think?

Doesn’t that occasionally happen to some of the top tier WR as well? Point is that volume was there, and should continue to be there. 

4 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

This guy will MUSCLE HIS WAY TO THE PROMISE LAND. HE CAN NOT BE ****ING DENIED YOU NEGATIVE NANCY BOY.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

If it was one game, sure. 

Last time he played a full season though he had 58/857/4. It's not like this was the first or only game of his career. 

And I'm not going to over pay for him either, don't get me wrong. But Enunwa had some solid YPR stats, got over 100 Targets before in his career, and if he had converted a few more end zone looks in his 2016 campaign, say 6, would've probably been more of a pre-season sleeper. Combining sub-60 Receps and only 4 TDs is a way to not get noticed in PPR or Standard, but Enunwa's numbers weren't bad. If he can repeat his targets from 2016 but up his catch rate a hair and convert an extra end zone look, you can *barely* effect that line and make it 65/930/6, which is most likely a startable player in almost every league. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

This forum will whisper about a guy, then hype him as underrated, then over-hype him, then beat a dead horse on the hype, then say he's overrated....all within a 3 day period within games. Pretty much rinse and repeat on these forums :)

Edited by kball09
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

He’s on my bench for the time being. I’m choosing to put Flash and Manny Sanders over him for reference. Enunwa and Tate are on the bench right now and I actually really like a Enunwa/Tate comparison for fantasy purposes. I think they will be utilized similarly with the differences being RZ potential and how they create their YAC. I think Enunwa, due to his size and build, is a solid RZ target where Tate is used sparingly there. In the same regard, both are very good YAC receivers, one is just shifty and elusive and the other seems to be a complete bully w his build.

BTW, Tate finished 15th I believe last year in a standard league, so I think at least high end WR2 is in play for Enunwa

Edited by itschief33

28 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

So is he a must start for everybody who managed to roster him this week? Or are any of us holding him on the bench to see if this weeks production will be similar to last?

Definitely not a *must start* if you have better options.  I'm starting him as my flex in a WR-WR-WR-flex 0.5ppr league, where I can't believe everybody slept on him given how difficult it can be to find 3 or 4 startable WRs once the bye weeks and injuries hit.  I'm excited about him, but I think the hype has gotten a little out of hand.  In leagues where you only start 2 WRs and a flex, you probably have less risky options that you drafted higher, and I think it's fine to bench Enunwa to see what happens.

Edited by eg4190

43 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

The problem isn't even necessarily him, it's their offense. Most of his "targets" last Sunday were gross and disgusting - just broken play after broken play. 

If he doesn't drag three defenders into the endzone with him, we're talking about a nice little prospect to stash on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

..If he doesn't drag three defenders into the endzone with him, we're talking about a nice little prospect to stash on the bench. 

But he did and it was a thing of beauty

1 minute ago, itschief33 said:

But he did and it was a thing of beauty

The point is, it's the Jets, it's Todd Bowles, and it's a rookie QB. 

Forget all the trash everyone in here is talking about. 

The biggest thing is that they repeatedly and specifically drew up plays to get him the ball. Opportunity will beat talent every time when it comes to fantasy. 

And it just so happens Darnold and Quincy have a little bit of talent. 

Predictions are pointless. The point is they will give Quincy a lot of opportunities. Period.

• Thanks 1

What’s interesting about this guy is he was an up and coming pick in 2017 and this year I saw him going like 11th round in drafts back in June. Then he just completely fell off. Like people would take him round 16. Idk how he was available in so many leagues. The guy who drafted him in one of my leagues ended up dropping him to pick up AP. Everyone should’ve known he was the slot guy in this offense before he season it’s weird seeing this reaction after one game

If week 1 is an indication of what’s to come, Q will become one of the more prolific slot guys in the league like Fitz, Landry, and Edelman in terms of targets and usage. 

Obviously no guarantee but I’m really encouraged by what I saw on Monday. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

What’s interesting about this guy is he was an up and coming pick in 2017 and this year I saw him going like 11th round in drafts back in June. Then he just completely fell off. Like people would take him round 16. Idk how he was available in so many leagues. The guy who drafted him in one of my leagues ended up dropping him to pick up AP. Everyone should’ve known he was the slot guy in this offense before he season it’s weird seeing this reaction after one game

Because Robby Anderson was the presumed #1 WR in New York, nobody had any idea how Sam Darnold would work out, and the Jets were historically bad. 

It's not shocking at all. We still don't know what he'll be. Looks like a WR3 right now with occasional WR2 upside.

• Like 1

Enunwa got just over 100 targets in 2016 during his breakout year. That year, BMarsh received just under 130 targets, Decker received a little over 20 (hurt early in the season), Anderson about 75, and scraps for the rest.

Depending on how often Darnold is forced to air it out this year, I can see Enunwa easily receiving over 120 targets as his go-to. I think the worries about Kearse are overblown, he may have a more proven track record but Enunwa has shown upside in the past.

If we bump up his 2016 stats by 20% based on predicted target count (120), he clocks in at 69 catches, 1000 yards, 5 touchdowns. I just can't imagine a situation where he DOESN'T receive at least 120 targets here. At worst he'll be a solid WR3 and a quality bye-week fill in, at best he'll be a high end WR2 in PPR leagues IMO.

2 hours ago, mikepferrara said:

In the 2 leagues I own him we start 3 WR so I’m gonna fire him up as my WR3 and see what happens!

Same, I don't think he's a "must start" by any means but a safe floor, high volume slot receiver fits very well in the WR3 hole. Also, he's one w/ massive overlay to boom based on his initial target share (clearly not sustainable but very encouraging). 

13 pages, all saying the same thing.

"Hes a WR3 with WR2 upside in PPR".  That basically sums up this thread!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

13 pages, all saying the same thing.

"Hes a WR3 with WR2 upside in PPR".  That basically sums up this thread!

I kind of disagree with this, since Enunwa is really good after the catch and definitely has the athleticism to make plays.  If he keeps getting heavily targeted, he could put up some really nice numbers and also be a force in the red zone.  Enunwa is no Jarvis Landry, and I mean that in a good way.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

1 minute ago, Funkenstein said:

I dont know what Im allowed to post and what Im not allowed to post anymore!!!!  

just tell us he's fits nicely in the WR3 spot but he has great upside!!! ;) 

• Haha 2

A lot of talk of Enunwa being top 20 or top 25, etc. 

I think the better argument for Enunwa is consistency. Regardless of how high he winds up finishing at the end of the year, he may become a high floor weekly play. Someone already mentioned Kupp. I don't think he's quite that reliable, but he could have value in a similar way.

7 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

I dont know what Im allowed to post and what Im not allowed to post anymore!!!!  

Every time I make a post I'm like "uh......is this kind of a cool story?......is this kind of bench/coach?.....ummmmm"

Anyway, I'm starting Enunwa over Crowder to give you an idea of the level I think he is at. I think he's a start until the Jets gameplan proves him otherwise. Crowell and Bilal are never going to light the world on fire and they have no TE, so I can't see any reason he won't have a 12 point PPR floor with room for a high ceiling.

Just now, kball09 said:

Every time I make a post I'm like "uh......is this kind of a cool story?......is this kind of bench/coach?.....ummmmm"

Anyway, I'm starting Enunwa over Crowder to give you an idea of the level I think he is at. I think he's a start until the Jets gameplan proves him otherwise. Crowell and Bilal are never going to light the world on fire and they have no TE, so I can't see any reason he won't have a 12 point PPR floor with room for a high ceiling.

Starting him over Crowder isn't saying much.  I'd start just about anyone over Crowder.