NYR Fan 116894

Quincy Enunwa 2018 Outlook

25 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

13 pages, all saying the same thing.

"Hes a WR3 with WR2 upside in PPR".  That basically sums up this thread!

I disagree.  He's already a WR2 with WR1 upside.  He looks like Terrell Owens on the field

Edited by TommyKramer

2 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Starting him over Crowder isn't saying much.  I'd start just about anyone over Crowder.

Off topic a bit, but there will be better days ahead for Crowder. Obviously no issue with someone choosing to start Enunwa ahead of him this week. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Every time I make a post I'm like "uh......is this kind of a cool story?......is this kind of bench/coach?.....ummmmm"

Anyway, I'm starting Enunwa over Crowder to give you an idea of the level I think he is at. I think he's a start until the Jets gameplan proves him otherwise. Crowell and Bilal are never going to light the world on fire and they have no TE, so I can't see any reason he won't have a 12 point PPR floor with room for a high ceiling.

Cool story! ?

i disagree with one comment you made.....Crow and Bilal are a great combination and will be a big factor during the season. 

• Like 1

He's the glory days of randall cobb, if we're lucky. With the body of Larry Fitz. Big guy for a slot receiver at 6'2" 225.

I like him. Calling him my WR2. Glad I nabbed him in free agency before week 1 started. I forgot to draft him because he was out all year in 2017 but he showed potential in 2016. People definitely slept on this guy HARD. 

To some extent, he's getting perhaps too much attention/hype now, but that's what happens when someone with real talent slips through the cracks in so many leagues. And the opportunity is definitely there.

One of the biggest things for his value is that Darnold, at least after 1 game, looks competent. If he turns out to be Trevor Siemian Fools Gold, that will hurt Enunwa and he will be WR3/4. So banking on Darnold too here!

Edited by fawkes_mulder

7 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Crow and Bilal are a great combination and will be a big factor during the season. 

Eh, I'm not trying to hate on either guy, Powell's won me a few matchups over the years, but I don't have much faith that those 2 guys are going to be able to grind out the clock when the Jets get a small/moderate lead. I think even in those situations they're going to be caught in a lot of 2nd and 3rd & longs and still have to keep throwing. It's an armchair analyst comment. Curious to see their gameplan in crunch time.

12 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

He's the glory days of randall cobb, if we're lucky. With the body of Larry Fitz. Big guy for a slot receiver at 6'2" 225.

I like him. Calling him my WR2. Glad I nabbed him in free agency before week 1 started. I forgot to draft him because he was out all year in 2017 but he showed potential in 2016. People definitely slept on this guy HARD. 

To some extent, he's getting perhaps too much attention/hype now, but that's what happens when someone with real talent slips through the cracks in so many leagues. And the opportunity is definitely there.

One of the biggest things for his value is that Darnold, at least after 1 game, looks competent. If he turns out to be Trevor Siemian Fools Gold, that will hurt Enunwa and he will be WR3/4. So banking on Darnold too here!

That is one of the reasons I like him. The offseason reports on Darnold have been glowing. Many people saying he is the real deal. The fact that they moved Bridgewater let me know the Jets had found their guy. I get that Teddy is coming off of injury, but I felt like that was a statement beng made by the team. Couple that with Enunwa's past production and skillset and you have a recipe for production. Having no big time redzone threat, TE, or exceptional receiver makes this an ideal situation. Now, that is not saying he is better than Fitz. It is saying that THIS year, I believe he can outperform or perform just as well as Fitz for a fraction of the cost. That is winning. Especially since I got him one day before [cool story] kickoff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gimme the ball said:

Because Robby Anderson was the presumed #1 WR in New York, nobody had any idea how Sam Darnold would work out, and the Jets were historically bad. 

It's not shocking at all. We still don't know what he'll be. Looks like a WR3 right now with occasional WR2 upside.

Yes and Quincy was the wr2 with a possibility to be the wr1. Having a ? Rookie at qb doesn’t really explain to me why he was available in so many leagues. 

I'm very fortunate to have landed him off waivers. 

To me it's a no brainer to sit him on the bench for a bit and see how things go. Not sure I understand all the angst in this thread. He has a rook QB, so expectations should be minimal.

I picked him up because he's got NFL size and he's obviously quite talented. That's it - he needs to put up some more stats before I start him over draft picks.

PS - I play 12-teamers so obviously it's different in larger leagues.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

To me it's a no brainer to sit him on the bench for a bit and see how things go. Not sure I understand all the angst in this thread. He has a rook QB, so expectations should be minimal.

I picked him up because he's got NFL size and he's obviously quite talented. That's it - he needs to put up some more stats before I start him over draft picks.

Sorry, common sense isn't allowed here. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Isn't that pretty much the definition of sunk cost fallacy?

I'm not disagreeing with the rest of your post -- a rookie qb is good reason for skepticism -- but starting guys just cause they're draft picks isn't good advice.i

Start the guy where indicators suggest he'll have success. Typically, target share is one of the biggest indicators of success. 

Right now, i see his biggest question marks being his qb and the fact that darius slay covered a different receiver (and therefore funnelled targets away from that receiver). He has enough positive indicators to suggest starting him over a shaky wr2/3 that you drafted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jamesisharden said:

I'm not disagreeing with the rest of your post -- a rookie qb is good reason for skepticism -- but starting guys just cause they're draft picks isn't good advice.i

Start the guy where indicators suggest he'll have success. Typically, target share is one of the biggest indicators of success. 

Right now, i see his biggest question marks being his qb and the fact that darius slay covered a different receiver (and therefore funnelled targets away from that receiver). He has enough positive indicators to suggest starting him over a shaky wr2/3 that you drafted.

I don't believe he was offering advice.  More just relaying what his plan is under his cicumstances.  His draft picks are obviously better plays at the moment.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

I don't believe he was offering advice.  More just relaying what his plan is under his cicumstances.  His draft picks are obviously better plays at the moment.

Fair enough -- so replace "isn't good advice" with "isnt' the best logic" and my points still stand up.

2 hours ago, jamesisharden said:
4 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

That's it - he needs to put up some more stats before I start him over draft picks.

No it's not. That would be if he said "I paid for the draft picks so I have to play them, even if they're clearly worse than the waiver pick".
What I read in his statement is: Quincy had one good game post injury, which is not a lot given that I picked my high draft picks based on many factors. That makes total sense. Let Quincy prove himself a bit more.

In my case:
- I drafted (eg) Diggs because I believe in him. He disappointed me last Sunday, but that's only one game in a long list. 
- I picked Quincy because he played a good game and it seems the Jets may believe in him, but we won't know until at least a couple more games. They may give him 2 targets against Miami for all we know.

Who do I play on Sunday? Possibly neither (I have a number of options). Just feels real nice to have both.

• Like 1

Sheesh. I have always liked this guy. I think more would have simply picked him if they liked him enough to drive up this buzz only weeks later. I didn't pick him. I mean the Jets just scored 48 points and Sam Darnold had under 200 yards passing. I don't know where this passing volume is going to come from to make him anything more than a WR3/4/flex at the end of the day. He is a nice player though.

13 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Sheesh. I have always liked this guy. I think more would have simply picked him if they liked him enough to drive up this buzz only weeks later. I didn't pick him. I mean the Jets just scored 48 points and Sam Darnold had under 200 yards passing. I don't know where this passing volume is going to come from to make him anything more than a WR3/4/flex at the end of the day. He is a nice player though.

I dont think the Jets will win another game this year by 31, I doubt they will have 5 ints, a def td and a special teams td either thus will have to throw more. Take tonight's tnf game flacco threw 55 times in a loss, last week when they won handily vs the Bills he only threw 34 times.

Just now, turner46 said:

I dont think the Jets will win another game this year by 31, I doubt they will have 5 ints, a def td and a special teams td either thus will have to throw more. Take tonight's tnf game flacco threw 55 times in a loss, last week when they won handily vs the Bills he only threw 34 times.

That's a lots of ifs for a team that still has the ability to be terrible at the drop of a hat. What if Darnold struggles game to game? He'll be unusable at times. I get being kind of excited. The Jets with a rookie QB sounds like the start of many fantasy disasters. They never stop coming.

Am I crazy for wanting to start .....

Edited by phatrat
Not sure if you are crazy, but you should ask your question in the AC forum

7 hours ago, turner46 said:

7 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

That's a lots of ifs for a team that still has the ability to be terrible at the drop of a hat. What if Darnold struggles game to game? He'll be unusable at times. I get being kind of excited. The Jets with a rookie QB sounds like the start of many fantasy disasters. They never stop coming.

Those aren't "IFs" but more so guarantees.  I would guarantee the Jets won't have 5 picks in another game.  They're not going to score a DEF or ST TD every game.  They're not going to blow teams out by 31 every week.  When game script normalizes, Darnold is going to throw the ball more than 21 times. I imagine Darnold will average 30-35 attempts a game which would be middle of the league.  The running game will NOT be nearly as dynamic as it was Monday.  Our Oline is not that great, and Powell/Crowell are good, but not great.  

Obviously Enunwa won't garner 48% market share every week.  But if he can get 25%?  Based on the low end estimate of 30 attempts per game, works out to 7-8 targets per game/120 over a full season.  Most of his targets are short/intermediate so I imagine his catch % will be high.  

120 Targets this year/70-75ish Receptions/850-900 Yards/6+ TDs

That's realistically what I see for Q.  If he gets his YPR higher to where it was in 2015/2016, then we're looking at 950-1100 Yards, and probably some more TDs.

This guy is a great FLEX play in PPR leagues, and I wouldn't be too concerned if he's my WR2.  This is the perfect guy for people to use that went RB heavy in drafts.  He'll be reliable, dependable, PPR vacuum and will continue to be the safety blanket for a young QB.  Remember, the Jets have ZERO at Tight End.  Enunwa is basically the Jets TE, but plays WR, and is uber athletic.  Great hands as well.  He's going to get fed often this year, and he is a perfect fit for Jeremy Bates' West Coast Offense.  

I actually really like the Golden Tate comparison. Obviously very different players in stature, but they both excel at the short/intermediate part of the field, but have the ability to take it to the house.  The only difference is that Jones/Golladay>>>Anderson/Pryor/Kearse.  Enunwa has less competition for those targets from Darnold.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

There is NOTHING wrong with having the top receiver on a bad team.  Allen Robinson says hi from 2015.

16 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

13 pages, all saying the same thing.

"Hes a WR3 with WR2 upside in PPR".  That basically sums up this thread!

That is correct. 

The new hype thread if not mistaken has already been locked twice. 

16 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I kind of disagree with this, since Enunwa is really good after the catch and definitely has the athleticism to make plays.  If he keeps getting heavily targeted, he could put up some really nice numbers and also be a force in the red zone.  Enunwa is no Jarvis Landry, and I mean that in a good way.

OK we get it you own Enunma ... 

give me Landry everyday and twice on Sundays ..In Landry I trust, Enunma is just a wild card. Sometimes a wild card hits more times it misses. Landry has scored 22 TDs with over 400 catches in 4 years ... 

15 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

I disagree.  He's already a WR2 with WR1 upside.  He looks like Terrell Owens on the field

LOL. I want Owens not someone who looks like Terrell.

in my fantasy leagues we get no points in lookalikes 

27 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Sam Darnold just quoted how "amazing" it is to throw to Enunwa. All aboard! QB's 1st read in the slot. Easy top-25 play this weekend. 

For anyone wanting to read the article I think he may be referring to...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/09/13/healthy-again-jets-enunwa-emerges-as-go-to-guy-for-darnold/37810095/

Sam Darnold praised Quincy Enunwa, saying "it's awesome to be able to throw to him."

"He's smooth but he is also physical," Darnold said. "He is very sudden, a very quick dude. It's awesome to be able to throw to him. The routes he runs are very crisp, but very violent. It's cool to be able to ... see how much separation he creates for himself." Enunwa was targeted on 10-of-21 Darnold passes in the opener, putting Enunwa safely on the WR3 map as a high-floor play.

Sep 14 - 10:10 AM

This is what I like to hear.  He's an easy start this week for me.

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

LOL. I want Owens not someone who looks like Terrell.

in my fantasy leagues we get no points in lookalikes 

I remember when Owens 1st broke onto the scene, and nobody in my league at the time believed in him.  The 9ers still had Rice.  and everyone thought TO was 2nd fiddle.  Well, eventually TO became the lead dog even with Rice still around and everyone finally believed.  When I watched Enunwa play Monday visions of TO came to my head.  Then I looked up their measurables and they are practically the same size with the same speed.  Now, he might not be used in the same way, and Sam Darnold will probably never be in the same category as Steve Young, but this Darnold kid looks like the real deal and he likes Enunwa.  Q is going to get fed and have a big impact this year.  Like I said earlier he's already a WR2 with WR1 upside.