NYR Fan 116894

Quincy Enunwa 2018 Outlook

17 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

I disagree.  He's already a WR2 with WR1 upside.  He looks like Terrell Owens on the field

Agree with this.  Definite possibility he gets an outsized share of targets from Darnold the way Big Ben always looks for AB or Nuk got targeted almost exclusively that one year by Hoyer. Tooting my own horn a bit here but what I wrote a while ago still applies: 

Edited by jumper
  • Like 1

I’ve never been so excited to watch a Jets game before

if Enunwa has a monster game Sunday or if he completely flames out it will be fun to see the reactions here

Hopefully he doesn’t have just like a 4-40-0 line where it’s just mediocre and can’t sway opinions too much either way

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

give me Landry everyday and twice on Sundays ..In Landry I trust, Enunma is just a wild card. Sometimes a wild card hits more times it misses. Landry has scored 22 TDs with over 400 catches in 4 years ... 

Landry is fine for a ppr setting.  But he's a compiler who catches 5 yard passes and falls down.  I want WRs with big play ability.  And I don't play ppr.

Yes, Enunwa seems to be Darnold's security blanket but he is a lot more versatile than that.  He can also get down field and make tough catches along with his excellent running after the catch.  I know it's QB dependent and Fitzmagic is a gunslinger but once Darnold starts getting even more comfortable, people are gonna be raising eyebrows.

Edited by KRB80
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, jumper said:

Agree with this.  Definite possibility he gets an outsized share of targets from Darnold the way Big Ben always looks for AB or Nuk got targeted almost exclusively that one year by Hoyer. Tooting my own horn a bit here but what I wrote a while ago still applies: 

Totally agree. I've been telling people Enunwa is the guy for weeks now. They are going to pepper him with targets in the scheme. Robby is the deep threat and that's pretty much it. They're gonna throw underneath to Quincy a lot.

2 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Those aren't "IFs" but more so guarantees.  I would guarantee the Jets won't have 5 picks in another game.  They're not going to score a DEF or ST TD every game.  They're not going to blow teams out by 31 every week.  When game script normalizes, Darnold is going to throw the ball more than 21 times. I imagine Darnold will average 30-35 attempts a game which would be middle of the league.  The running game will NOT be nearly as dynamic as it was Monday.  Our Oline is not that great, and Powell/Crowell are good, but not great.  

Obviously Enunwa won't garner 48% market share every week.  But if he can get 25%?  Based on the low end estimate of 30 attempts per game, works out to 7-8 targets per game/120 over a full season.  Most of his targets are short/intermediate so I imagine his catch % will be high.  

120 Targets this year/70-75ish Receptions/850-900 Yards/6+ TDs

That's realistically what I see for Q.  If he gets his YPR higher to where it was in 2015/2016, then we're looking at 950-1100 Yards, and probably some more TDs.

This guy is a great FLEX play in PPR leagues, and I wouldn't be too concerned if he's my WR2.  This is the perfect guy for people to use that went RB heavy in drafts.  He'll be reliable, dependable, PPR vacuum and will continue to be the safety blanket for a young QB.  Remember, the Jets have ZERO at Tight End.  Enunwa is basically the Jets TE, but plays WR, and is uber athletic.  Great hands as well.  He's going to get fed often this year, and he is a perfect fit for Jeremy Bates' West Coast Offense.  

I actually really like the Golden Tate comparison. Obviously very different players in stature, but they both excel at the short/intermediate part of the field, but have the ability to take it to the house.  The only difference is that Jones/Golladay>>>Anderson/Pryor/Kearse.  Enunwa has less competition for those targets from Darnold.  

This is the most reasonable and logical thing I've read in days in this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People have to remember that Enunwa was very solid last year too before he got hurt.  He was shaping up to be one of the better WR surprises people got off the WW. Not sure if it's short memories or maybe just people new to fantasy football, but his success should be no surprise.  He's a talented WR.  I think as long as Darnold continues to play decent Enunwa is in WR3 territory with the possibility to produce at a WR2 or WR1 some weeks.

I'm not sure what to think of the Jets yet as a team, but if they turn out to be bad they'll be playing from behind often and that means more throwing and hopefully more targets.

41 minutes ago, KRB80 said:

Yes, Enunwa seems to be Darnold's security blanket but he is a lot more versatile than that.  He can also get down field and make tough catches along with his excellent running after the catch.  I know it's QB dependent and Fitzmagic is a gunslinger but once Darnold starts getting even more comfortable, people are gonna be raising eyebrows.

great take.  watch this video.  I'm going to say it again, Q is a replicate of Terrell Owens 

52 minutes ago, KRB80 said:

Holy s---. 

Might take a chance in my .5 ppr and start him at my WR3 spot... Enunwa has got me hyped man, can't lie. 

Lot of potential, not only with him as a talent, but opportunity this year. Anyone feeling a Quincy Enunwa coming out party this week?

28 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

great take.  watch this video.  I'm going to say it again, Q is a replicate of Terrell Owens 

I'm thinking more of Marques Colston rev 2.0.   I imagine Brees would love throwing to Enunwa. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jumper said:

I'm thinking more of Marques Colston rev 2.0.   I imagine Brees would love throwing to Enunwa. 

Apparently so does darnold great quote from a QB about his receiver 

Man nice video - just shows that he's just not a short/intermediate threat but has some real deep route prowess.  Some pretty good break away speed to go along with his size.  

• Like 4

The best comparison I've seen so far is Anquan Boldin.

Quincy will fight for the tough yards.  He'll block the heck out of somebody. He'll make the tough catch for a first down.

Occasionally he'll get the long bomb or break a short pass for a long TD, but basically he'll do all the tough things not all WR will do.

He's almost like a TE in WR body.

He's a perfect match for Darnold imo. I don't see him ever lighting it up yardage wise, but I think a 1,000yd 10td season should be attainable with a pretty decent floor every game.

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten more hype. His target share was unheard for a waiver wire player and he has shown he can be a valuable fantasy player in the past. He was being drafted as a WR3 last summer before he got hurt if I recall correctly. His floor probably is being a weak WR3/high end WR4 while his upside is being a WR2 as a competent number one receiver on a team that will be throwing a lot.

Back to Enunwa, it should be interesting to see if Miami devotes extra defensive resources to stopping him this week.  If I was a defensive coordinator going up against a rookie QB, I would certainly try to take away his security blanket and make him go to gis 2nd or 3rd read... 

14 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

There is NOTHING wrong with having the top receiver on a bad team.  Allen Robinson says hi from 2015.

Outlier much?

Back to Enunwa... combination of opportunity and skill set makes us very excited to watch a jets game for once 

9 hours ago, kco734 said:

Back to Enunwa... combination of opportunity and skill set makes us very excited to watch a jets game for once 

the jets have always been fun to watch, it's just been more fun when your guys are playing against the jets. now the jets offense seems capable and balanced, and enunwa's talent is helped by a decent qb, and he's not sharing targets with decker/marshall like he did in 2015. quincy e. as a top 24 wr in ppr does not seem far fetched right now.

tenor.gif?itemid=6062728

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Outlier much?

No not really. I mean yes, he did happen to choose the most exteme example. But the best WR on bad teams is good often. Pryor on the Browns. Anderson on the Jets last year. There’s plenty of far more questionable skill sets than Enunwa producing on bad teams. AR is the highest return with 1400/14, but AR is also far far far more talented IMO than anyone we’ve mentioned. 

23 hours ago, cizastro said:

People have to remember that Enunwa was very solid last year too before he got hurt.  He was shaping up to be one of the better WR surprises people got off the WW. Not sure if it's short memories or maybe just people new to fantasy football, but his success should be no surprise.  He's a talented WR.  I think as long as Darnold continues to play decent Enunwa is in WR3 territory with the possibility to produce at a WR2 or WR1 some weeks.

I'm not sure what to think of the Jets yet as a team, but if they turn out to be bad they'll be playing from behind often and that means more throwing and hopefully more targets.

And Enunwa was solid with Ryan Fitzpatrick the last time he played. 

Sam looks like a better and more accurate QB already,  which should bode well in the short and intermediate part of the field where Quincy operates.

Even though I'm not able to watch the Jets game, I'm encouraged by the number of targets in the first half. Already 70% of the way from last week's total of targets. I'm feeling great about my pickup.