NYR Fan 116894

Quincy Enunwa 2018 Outlook

100/1300/8

There's an outside chance Darnold makes the Pro-Bowl this year. He's the second best QB in his division with a real shot at 4000+ yards. 

What a great find off waivers.  Every week PPR start, don't even have to think about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

What a great find off waivers.  Every week PPR start, don't even have to think about it.

Rare to find this kind of target share on waivers.

18 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

100/1300/8

There's an outside chance Darnold makes the Pro-Bowl this year. He's the second best QB in his division with a real shot at 4000+ yards. 

There's almost no chance Sam Darnold goes to the pro bowl this year. But he doesn't need to go to the ProBowl for Enunwa to be really solid. 

But through two games I think you can justify some pretty lofty expectations, even if they aren't quite that. 80/1000/6? 

41 minutes ago, taobball said:

There's almost no chance Sam Darnold goes to the pro bowl this year. But he doesn't need to go to the ProBowl for Enunwa to be really solid. 

But through two games I think you can justify some pretty lofty expectations, even if they aren't quite that. 80/1000/6? 

I'd gladly take that projection, especially since he'd be a WR3/FLEX guy for basically everybody that owns him.  May even be able to get a few more catches than the 80.

On 9/14/2018 at 6:42 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

There is NOTHING wrong with having the top receiver on a bad team.  Allen Robinson says hi from 2015.

Sure isn’t.

On 9/14/2018 at 9:06 PM, Benjamin1984 said:

Outlier much?

Ever heard of Brandon Marshall? Go look at his regular season numbers and then tell me about his “playoff stats”. I’ll save you the time. Dude has HOF worthy numbers and in his 13 year career he’s never made the playoffs. 

There was also this guy named Calvin Johnson.

People regularly passed on Megatron since the Lions sucked a** with the exception of 2 years he played for the team. Part of that statement is false. I’ll let you figure out which part. 

OBJ killed it his first 2 years.. the Giants finished 6-10 both years. 

Bengals have been bad the past 2 years. Nobody passes on AJG cause he plays for a bad team. 

I can keep going. 

Very solid day. He'll never pop off like the elite WRs, but I'm happy with him getting me 8-12 pts weekly in standard.

23 minutes ago, jeffnsee said:

Very solid day. He'll never pop off like the elite WRs, but I'm happy with him getting me 8-12 pts weekly in standard.

Agreed, always good to have a few guys that can give you a really solid floor. He looks like one of those. Obviously he's not like Keenan Allen, but reminds me of the way season long injuries can affect everyone's view of certain players and you forget how good they were, which definitely happened with Allen. 

My only concern is that defences will start shifting over to enunwa and Darnold will have to adjust and prove he can throw to the others. 

3 minutes ago, mtblock said:

Agreed, always good to have a few guys that can give you a really solid floor. He looks like one of those. Obviously he's not like Keenan Allen, but reminds me of the way season long injuries can affect everyone's view of certain players and you forget how good they were, which definitely happened with Allen. 

My only concern is that defences will start shifting over to enunwa and Darnold will have to adjust and prove he can throw to the others. 

Definitely expecting defences to take notice. However he’s a very athletic big bodied receiver and can win those matchups I believe 

40 minutes ago, mtblock said:

He's not like Keenan Allen? He's more like Keenan Allen than a lot of Comps.

Not saying just saying.

Both play slot.

6' 2", 32 5/8" Arms, 225 LBs, 9 1/2" Hands, 4.45 40, 19 Bench

6' 2", 32 3/4" Arms, 206 LBs, 10" Hands, 4.71 40

Really hard to tell them apart purely by their phyiscal profiles. The leaner version with bigger hands is Keenan. He's also probably got better lateral and short range quickness, and ran slow at his Pro Day so I don't know that I buy that 4.71 for his game speed, but Enunwa is a big guy who ran a 4.45 according to his NFL Draft Profile. 

Keenan's got excellent WR Skills, so it's an unfair comp because what makes Keenan special isn't necessarily his body. But they are physically similar and utilized in similar fashions, so I wouldn't back off that comp too aggressively as a lighter version. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, taobball said:

He's not like Keenan Allen? He's more like Keenan Allen than a lot of Comps.

Not saying just saying.

Both play slot.

6' 2", 32 5/8" Arms, 225 LBs, 9 1/2" Hands, 4.45 40, 19 Bench

6' 2", 32 3/4" Arms, 206 LBs, 10" Hands, 4.71 40

Really hard to tell them apart purely by their phyiscal profiles. The leaner version with bigger hands is Keenan. He's also probably got better lateral and short range quickness, and ran slow at his Pro Day so I don't know that I buy that 4.71 for his game speed, but Enunwa is a big guy who ran a 4.45 according to his NFL Draft Profile. 

Keenan's got excellent WR Skills, so it's an unfair comp because what makes Keenan special isn't necessarily his body. But they are physically similar and utilized in similar fashions, so I wouldn't back off that comp too aggressively as a lighter version. 

What I meant by not like Allen, is that Allen might be the best WR in the league at getting his first step. His route running, first step, and ability to break ankles without the ball is elite. To the point where you can't honestly compare the two. 

There are probably a lot of guys with physical size of these guys, but their ability to play the position is more in the other things, not just tests done one day years ago. I don't think Enunwa is ever going to be top 5 WR in the league, but I do think he was severely underrated coming into this year. I did have him on my flyer list, but I'll admit that I pretty much ignored him just like everyone else. 

I grabbed him in two leagues after the first game, and I am expecting a lot of games similar to today, with a few TDs thrown in. Darnold is also a bigger surprise than I thought, so I do expect some goose egg weeks. 

14 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Lol.

Man, he is great.

Why do we gotta say he mirrors a top 5 all time WR?

Game breaking measurables/speed/physicality?

Because he does.  Been saying the same thing all week.  Enunwa = T.O.

5 hours ago, jeffnsee said:

Yup. He feels like a rich man's Robert Woods right now. I think the TD's are coming. Today was almost one of them. 

I see him as being more of a high-end WR3 until we see how he reacts to increased defensive attention and we see just what the Darnold rookie struggles look like.

That’s still not bad for a guy we all got for free.  The high-end target share means you can start him every week in your WR3 or flex spot and know he has a floor of about 5-60 with significant TD upside — he was one overthrow away from bringing in a 30-yarder today, which would have put him over 20 points.  I don’t see him putting up any 2-23-0 duds anytime soon.  That has a lot of value even if he doesn’t come close to outscoring Keenan.

• Thanks 1

Just now, tim14125 said:

How you guys think he does in a short week at Cleveland?

Pretty tough to bench right now. Cleveland got wrecked by Michael Thomas, so Enunwa could do some damage. TNF is always tough, but not sure it'll be so bad.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tim14125 said:

How you guys think he does in a short week at Cleveland?

Starting him as my WR2, not overthinking it either. A safety blanket with TD potential. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So far we’ve got ..... Rich man’s Robert Woods, Terrell Owens, Keenan Allen, poor man’s Anquan Boldin, regular man’s Anquan Boldin, Jarvis Landry, Golden Tate, Built like Gordon, PPR Gold, solid WR3, every-week WR2, great WR2 play most weeks. We’re only on week 2 but I know we’re missing a whole bunch. What else ya got? Quit holding out on me guys! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Asian Sensation said:

So far we’ve got ..... Rich man’s Robert Woods, Terrell Owens, Keenan Allen, poor man’s Anquan Boldin, regular man’s Anquan Boldin, Jarvis Landry, Golden Tate, Built like Gordon, PPR Gold, solid WR3, every-week WR2, great WR2 play most weeks. We’re only on week 2 but I know we’re missing a whole bunch. What else ya got? Quit holding out on me guys! 

I mean, love what collected there. Even if you veer on the worst of what you put forward, you have a solid player. Those who missed out are bummed. 

• Like 1