NYR Fan 116894

Quincy Enunwa 2018 Outlook

Enunwa played in a one receiver 3 TE set during the first quarter.

Agreed about shying away from the Jacksonville matchup, but after that we can probably throw him back in the lineup.

• Like 1

Some of Darnold's throws were off.  There was one where the defender reached around and deflected it.  I recall at least one deflected pass.  

I don't think he's an auto-start WR2 like a lot of people have been saying, simply because the Jets aren't very good.  I'll be using erasable ink when I put him in the lineup from now on and no longer a Sharpie.

1 hour ago, Wynter12 said:

Apparently if you need a first down, get you an Enunwa. Need to get near the end zone? Get an Enunwa. How about a TD?? Crowell! Lol

I also saw that he wasn't in when the Jets were in the red zone, which is slightly concerning. He's got a few minus matchups coming up, @Jax Den, Min, @chi, we'll see what his true floor is. After that stretch I think he'd be a solid WR3/Flex with some top-20 WR weeks mixed in. 

1 hour ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

It's not like we don't see it in every thread, after every "down" week, but the overreactions in here make me sick. No disrespect to the generation of RIGHT NOW or else, if a fantasy player has one subpar game, they are ready to throw in the towel. I'm not even going to waste the key strokes trying to convince anyone to hold. If you want to drop him, drop him! Who cares? Lol. Good luck!

This should have a gazillion likes.

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2018 at 12:52 AM, CORTEz said:

He seemed to always be good for at least 4-50-0 or 3-60-0 lines at a minimum. And that was with Fitzmagic throwing to him back in 2016.

9 or 10 fantasy points in PPR per week seems like a realistic floor for him each week, with the exception of the @JAX game in week 4.

Like I said, 9 or 10 fantasy points in PPR, (he had 9.70 Fantasy PPR points tonight), seems to be a realistic floor for him, one that I am more than willing to take.

It's difficult to find players who can consistently post 8-10 fantasy points a week (and I mean players who probably went un-drafted in most leagues). 

3 hours ago, CooL said:

Some of Darnold's throws were off.  There was one where the defender reached around and deflected it.  I recall at least one deflected pass.  

I don't think he's an auto-start WR2 like a lot of people have been saying, simply because the Jets aren't very good.  I'll be using erasable ink when I put him in the lineup from now on and no longer a Sharpie.

I mean this shouldn't be a very shocking opinion, but Sam Darnold isn't a very good QB right now. I'm not saying he won't improve or develop throughout the year, but we've seen three games and he hasn't looked that good to me. But enunwa should be one of the easier players to target as a slot player. He scored on Bubble screens that were designed for him in this matchup. He converted key 3rd-downs that could've been clutch if the team had won. Robbie Anderson has not only been phased out of the offense, he's not fumbled it twice I believe this season. 

So I like Enunwa as a top 24-30 WR. But I'd expect to go into most Sundays being a bit frustrated with Darnold. 

Even on a day Darnold couldn't complete a pass past the LoS, Enunwa got his. On bubble screens, granted. But hey, last I read is that bubble screens count too lol. So I won't complain, at least not in PPR.

The discussion about what exactly Q is was annoying, but - ladies and gentlemen - now we've seen his floor officially. Passing performance can't get any worse than that. Browns defense are a top unit btw, so better days should be ahead. Darnold will hopefully show some growth too.

Shoulda got in the end zone on one screen but tripped over his linemen. He woulda been untouched. Still a good play

I’ll take 9.7 as a flex PPR floor any day of the week.

if you lose your matchup this week, it wasn’t because of Enunwa.

• Like 1

All the complaints here, wasn’t a great game but wasn’t a total dud. Like others have said if this is the floor I’m very happy. 

46 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

All the complaints here, wasn’t a great game but wasn’t a total dud. Like others have said if this is the floor I’m very happy. 

Yeah wasn't his fault.  But crazy thing is Darnold was something like 6 for 7 for 90 yds on WR's screens.  It was obvious Cle couldn't stop them so why did they only run 7?? 

Ugh...He should of walk into the endzone until his own linemen took his legs out...Love the targets each week though, however riding the pine next week @ Jags D 

Edited by Sean Tambo
  • Like 1

Basically bye week backup or insurance policy at this point for me. Too bad, lots of talent, but not a great fantasy situation

I was at the game... Darnold is bad. He also should have scored on that first big gain inside the 20...he wasn't actually touched by a defender when he fell down.

I just can't put him down as a bye week filler or flex only. I know these type plays happen but it bears repeating, last week he was badly missed wide open in the end zone and had a play in the red zone where he was tripped up but could've scored, this week in a game where Darnold was terrible and couldn't complete a pass past the LOS he was a friendly fire tackle away from pay dirt, again. Again, I understand saying "if" is a dangerous proposition BUT these type of plays have a way of regressing to the mean and at last count he's 0/3 on plays that are fluky TD/No TD props. Positive regression is due. TD upside is clearly there. If the coin flipped the opposite way (3/3 or 2/3) this thread would have a different tone to it and we'd be popping bottles. If the coin flips were 1/3 this thread would have a different tone and we'd be"must start"ing this guy. Unfortunately, right now, the flips are 0% and there's some doom and gloom. In an absolutely terrible game, he got ~ 10 PPR pts, we've seen the floor, we will see the ceiling too, most likely after Jax though lol. 

• Like 2

We have to start respecting that Browns pass rush, instead of expecting an automatic fantasy bonanza every time they pop up on the schedule.  As we'd expect from a rookie, when Darnold is under pressure his instinct is to scramble and throw it out of bounds.  Whenever he took a quick shot over the middle to Enunwa and let him create yards after the catch, they got a first down.  If Enunwa hadn't tripped over one of his own linemen, he would have scored an easy TD instead of teeing it up for Crowell.

Not a horrible PPR performance and he did it on a night when Darnold posted a 169-0-2 line.  

2 hours ago, youngrice said:

Yeah wasn't his fault.  But crazy thing is Darnold was something like 6 for 7 for 90 yds on WR's screens.  It was obvious Cle couldn't stop them so why did they only run 7?? 

Bad play calling I agree. As enunwa said last night “every f**** time”

Hopefully the coaching staff takes note and goes back to what worked in game one early with more screens to let Quincy make some moves.

As well he almost had a TD last night if his lineman didn’t trip him up which would have led to another very good performance 

2 hours ago, youngrice said:

Right I felt like I was watching me playing Madden lastnight, toss left, screen right, toss left, toss left, screen right, toss.......

He's great depth but dont expect consistent WR2 #s weekly with a rookie QB.

Drop him if you dont want him, I will pick him up. 

How are people complaining? The guy was basically free and his floor so far was 9.7 points in a PPR league in what I would call was an abombmination of a performance by Darnold.  Dude looked like a deer in headlights but that quick bubble screen to Enunwa was money and certainly a play created just for his playmaking abilities...3 first downs alone on those screen plays.

I would take 9.7 points out of my FLEX ALL DAY.

I will certainly bench next week but guy is still a safe WR3 at minimum.

Edited by ludawg23

1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

How are people complaining? The guy was basically free and his floor so far was 9.7 points in a PPR league in what I would call was an abombmination of a performance by Darnold.  Dude looked like a deer in headlights but that quick bubble screen to Enunwa was money and certainly a play created just for his playmaking abilities...3 first downs alone on those screen plays.

I would take 9.7 points out of my FLEX ALL DAY.

I will certainly bench next week but guy is still a safe WR3 at minimum.

Exactly what you want out of your flex, a really high floor unless you are losing big that week and need a high ceiling play.