NYR Fan 116894

Quincy Enunwa 2018 Outlook

So much for top 24, he's in the 30-40 range.  Darnold was under quite a bit of pressure and did a good job at getting rid of the ball and not taking sacks.  Matt Ryan would have been sacked 5 times last night under similar pressure.

One reason that Enunwa is capped is the offensive system. The west coast offense doesn't scare defenses, because everything is in front of them.  I'd feel a lot better about Enunwa if he was used in the red zone and Darnold threw it up for him, and if he was used down field more.

It looked like Cleveland had him bracketed with two defenders quite a bit, i'd expect that to continue, especially on 3rd downs. 

Enunwa would be a beneficerary if and when Anderson and Pryor start making plays down field, I hope that happens soon.

Edited by Red Dog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, beerfish said:

Might as well drop/bench Julio and OBJ too because last week they had similar stats.

I have slightly more confidence in Matt Ryan and Eli Manning than Sam Darnold. Not the same.

Yea I am not complaining about the production.  

I will say it does scare me that 4 of his catches were screen plays.

The offense needs to be more creative, it was either a run, dump off, or screen.

Maybe the O.C. will take notes because the offense is solid.  They set up the run nicely and never did a play action pass.  It was only a play action pass but Darnold ran out of the pocket.

Poor game from Darnold aside, Enunwa looked good breaking tackles. I'm still a believer in him ROS.

He didn't even have a bad game. I'll take the 4/57 when Darnold looked like poo.

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect much in three out of the next four weeks (@JAX, DEN, IND, MIN) but the schedule lightens up after that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Dog said:

So much for top 24, he's in the 30-40 range.  Darnold was under quite a bit of pressure and did a good job at getting rid of the ball and not taking sacks.  Matt Ryan would have been sacked 5 times last night under similar pressure.

One reason that Enunwa is capped is the offensive system. The west coast offense doesn't scare defenses, because everything is in front of them.  I'd feel a lot better about Enunwa if he was used in the red zone and Darnold threw it up for him, and if he was used down field more.

It looked like Cleveland had him bracketed with two defenders quite a bit, i'd expect that to continue, especially on 3rd downs. 

Enunwa would be a beneficerary if and when Anderson and Pryor start making plays down field, I hope that happens soon.

57 yards is still 912 on a season. If having a 57 yard game discounts you from being top 24.... well then there just aren't really any top 24 receivers. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Like I said, 9 or 10 fantasy points in PPR, (he had 9.70 Fantasy PPR points tonight), seems to be a realistic floor for him, one that I am more than willing to take.

It's difficult to find players who can consistently post 8-10 fantasy points a week (and I mean players who probably went un-drafted in most leagues). 

That's a great floor for a WR2/3/flex. Dude almost had a TD but tripped over his own man. Overall, bad game from the Jets offense against one of the best defenses so far this year. 

The playcalling was total garbage though. I don't know what Bates was doing but the run was working (over 100 total yards) and Powell was getting like 9ypc at one point. No play action? No slants? Just an absolute disaster of a game plan and they had no plan for Mayfield. Overall, just a very poorly coached game from the Jets on a short week. I will take 9 points from Enunwa though. He still saw like 8 targets. 

He is fine, but Darnold is being coddled -- that is definitely limiting Enunwa verticality.

onviously last night did the situation no favors as Sam went from two week rookie darling to critical moment back to back meltdown

33 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

He is fine, but Darnold is being coddled -- that is definitely limiting Enunwa verticality.

onviously last night did the situation no favors as Sam went from two week rookie darling to critical moment back to back meltdown

Now you see why Mayfield was the first one selected. Browns finally did something right for a change. How many top QB flops have they drafted in the past 10 years?  Lol

Julio Jones had about 6 games last season that were a point higher or worse than Enunwa's game yesterday.  Enunwa still had 8 targets and broke tackles like crazy.  

1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

Now you see why Mayfield was the first one selected. Browns finally did something right for a change. How many top QB flops have they drafted in the past 10 years?  Lol

One of them had to hit at some point. Lol

• Haha 1

Yeah, this game is all fine and dandy if he can match the Julio TB game from last year where he had 12 catches, 253 yds and 2 TD.

Edited by IG-88

53 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

Yeah, this game is all fine and dandy if he can match the Julio TB game from last year where he had 12 catches, 253 yds and 2 TD.

I'd prefer not to have 50% of his TD's for the year come in one game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

He hasn't had a game that big this season yet and he's pacing 91/1131/5. 

I'll take it. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 1:22 AM, willwc said:

I also saw that he wasn't in when the Jets were in the red zone, which is slightly concerning. He's got a few minus matchups coming up, @Jax Den, Min, @chi, we'll see what his true floor is. After that stretch I think he'd be a solid WR3/Flex with some top-20 WR weeks mixed in. 

Excellent point about the frightening schedule coming up:

JAX

DEN

IND

MIN

CHI

Unless you're desperate, you're benching him for 4 of those 5 weeks.

With the QB imploding, I wouldn't hesitate to dump Enunwa for something better, but right now my best available is Chris Godwin, so I'll hold for now.

32 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Excellent point about the frightening schedule coming up:

JAX

DEN

IND

MIN

CHI

Unless you're desperate, you're benching him for 4 of those 5 weeks.

With the QB imploding, I wouldn't hesitate to dump Enunwa for something better, but right now my best available is Chris Godwin, so I'll hold for now.

True but     ?Garbage Time? !

4 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

True but     ?Garbage Time? !

I was about to "like" your post but I decided to leave you at a beastly 666.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2018 at 12:07 PM, Deadpool said:

Poor game from Darnold aside, Enunwa looked good breaking tackles. I'm still a believer in him ROS.

He didn't even have a bad game. I'll take the 4/57 when Darnold looked like poo.

On 9/21/2018 at 2:57 PM, TennisMenace said:

Darnold's bad game can't be blamed on Darnold. His offensive line is garbage and was well known heading into this season. As a Jets fan I clamored for Teddy or McCown to start the year just to see what kind of pressure our line could resist. This game is on Bowles and the offensive line more so than Darnold. His last interception wasn't even his fault, he had no choice with time expiring rather than get an intentional grounding call throwing it elsewhere. Darnold was fine, it was more so the play calling and literally throwing 5 or 6 screens to Enunwa the whole game. Robby Anderson is a one trick garbage pony and Pryor somehow lost the separation and burst he had after he left the Browns. Enunwa owners will feast this year,  but the TD totals should be low unless he breaks one over the middle (which almost happened twice in the last game).  

The upcoming schedule doesn't scare me one bit. Denver is NOT what it used to be. I'm a Broncos fan. Indy and Minnesota? Nope. The only team I would worry about is JAX. Chicago has a solid pass rush but again, the quick dump offs will serve Quincy well. Im not saying Quincy is OBJ, but OBJ ate against JAX defense. That means it is possible for WRs to create some space. Worrying about defenses is not something I do in fantasy unless I have SUPERIOR alternatives. The games must be played. Why overthink the matchups? If you believe in a player, you start him. Forget getting cute. If you are worried about 6 different teams being matchup problems (as if they are the 84 Bears or Superbowl Ravens) then you probably really don't believe in the player. In that case, trade him or drop him for someone you do believe in.

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Anybody dropping him for one of those hot waivers? He has a really tough next 5 games or so

He. Certainly does have a tough schedule but again It's all about league size. 12 teamers should be no complaints bench WR to compliment your WR1 and 2 . Throw in as a flex here and there with bye weeks as well. 10 team leagues what's the prob?  I'm sure plenty on waivers 

I understand wanting to be trigger-happy this early in the season for upside guys, but Enunwa has such a big target share in that offense. I thought about cutting him this week, but he's the Jets WR1 with really nobody to challenge him significantly for targets. His schedule sucks for a few weeks, but with so many WR doing well right now you should be able to bench him for some of those games. That's what I'm doing at least. At this point, you're probably not picking anyone up with his target share

• Like 1