NYR Fan 116894

Quincy Enunwa 2018 Outlook

Yea nuna is a genetic freak, one game 57 yards is not a bad thing.. this guy is putting points up this season, I’m holding stock.

All those targets are really nice, but I worry about Darnold a bit, especially against Jacksonville.  Not sure how much the Jets will be able to move the ball.  And Jacksonville loves to run the ball and nurse the clock, so it seems there may not be as much shoot-out potential.  So I will probably bench Enunwa this week.  

But with injuries and bye weeks coming up, I suspect I will be throwing him back in there soon.  Good luck to those who are starting him this week.

2 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

Why is everybody so worried about the tough schedule? Somebody still has to (and will) catch passes and that somebody is our boy Q. 

Exactly. It's not like your depending on him being your number one or two WR.  Guys like these are the ones that come through for you in the latter weeks of fantasy.  He should be a flex or be sitting in your bench waiting.  Simple

massive flex imo

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1

Just now, Bugs bunny said:

Exactly. It's not like your depending on him being your number one or two WR.  Guys like these are the ones that come through for you in the latter weeks of fantasy.  He should be a flex or be sitting in your bench waiting.  Simple

Some of us in fact are depending on him as a WR2. Especially teams that went RB heavy in the early rounds and weren’t able to hit good value WR in the middle-later rounds.  

2 hours ago, mikepferrara said:

Some of us in fact are depending on him as a WR2. Especially teams that went RB heavy in the early rounds and weren’t able to hit good value WR in the middle-later rounds.  

I look at it more like co-WR1s.  I try to get as many of them as I can.  With his size, strength, speed, and target share, Enunwa is up at that level for me.  He is a couple bad throws and a broken tackle away from having 4 TDs already on the season.

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

All those targets are really nice, but I worry about Darnold a bit, especially against Jacksonville.  Not sure how much the Jets will be able to move the ball.  And Jacksonville loves to run the ball and nurse the clock, so it seems there may not be as much shoot-out potential.  So I will probably bench Enunwa this week.  

But with injuries and bye weeks coming up, I suspect I will be throwing him back in there soon.  Good luck to those who are starting him this week.

Any game with any QB vs Jax loses all shootout potential. 

I love Q but this week starting Callaway at Oakland. 

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I look at it more like co-WR1s.  I try to get as many of them as I can.  With his size, strength, speed, and target share, Enunwa is up at that level for me.  He is a couple bad throws and a broken tackle away from having 4 TDs already on the season.

This.

I seen quite a few times that he caught the ball, turned around and ended up tripping over his own guys on the ground... Seems like he has bad luck or things work against him alot in games but he still manages good games despite this. He could have easily have had a CPL more tds in my eyes...

It seems like he gets caught up in traffic alot... He catches alot of passes other wrs would easily drop or miss.  . .

Man what this kid could do if Darnold was another year or two into it and was ballin!

He has very high potential, looks to be in for a great season!

Edited by joed2323
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cord said:

I just discovered that Enunwa ranks 14th among WRs in targets. That's pretty impressive. 

Even in that garbage TNF game I think he still had 8 or 9 targets. He was SO close to having a big night; almost broke two short passes and turned them into long gains or TDs. The first was a big ask, but he nearly broke a couple of tackles to take off. The second he tripped over his own blockers when they fell down in front of him, otherwise it was probably a TD. 

As a Jets fan, I thought the play calling was pretty conservative and predictable but they still tried to force him the ball. It was a tough road game on 3 days rest against a hungry Cleveland team. He scored more points than my other WRs (Keenan Allen and Tyreek) so whatever. Not every week is gonna be a great week. 

Edited by RoboFroogs

I really love his talents, but almost dropped him this week for John Brown or Boyd because I need players to start this week, but Burkhead is on IR now so I didn't have to drop him. I love the talent but don't love the QB or the matchups in the next several weeks.

Edited by WVFalcon

17 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

Why is everybody so worried about the tough schedule? Somebody still has to (and will) catch passes and that somebody is our boy Q. 

Matchups are a real thing in football. He's facing one of the best defenses this week,  and I'm sure you've got better options on your waiver wire right now for this current week. Doesn't mean they are more talented recievers. He hasn't proven to me that he's a set it and forget it type of guy yet, but I will put him out there when it looks good.

Edited by WVFalcon

15 hours ago, WVFalcon said:

Matchups are a real thing in football. He's facing one of the best defenses this week,  and I'm sure you've got better options on your waiver wire right now for this current week. Doesn't mean they are more talented recievers. He hasn't proven to me that he's a set it and forget it type of guy yet, but I will put him out there when it looks good.

Is it a hard matchup? He lines up in the slow and will most likely not get Ramsey or Bouye. Struggling to pick a starter between him and Marvin Jones 

4 minutes ago, kco734 said:

Is it a hard matchup? He lines up in the slow and will most likely not get Ramsey or Bouye. Struggling to pick a starter between him and Marvin Jones 

That's not the only matchup that matters with WR's. You have to think about OL and QB play as well.

Edited by WVFalcon

25 minutes ago, kco734 said:

22 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

That's not the only matchup that matters with WR's. You have to think about OL and QB play as well.

The Jags had Ramsey shadowing Gronk in their matchup so I think they stick Ramsey on the best player which is Enunwa.  I expect a similar game as Cleveland, where Darnold will be under pressure all night because the Jets Oline isn't very good.  This could mean quick screens/passes to Enunwa like last week, but I would expect a similar line.  Something around 5-7 Catches/50-70 Yards and I doubt a TD.

3 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

The Jags had Ramsey shadowing Gronk in their matchup so I think they stick Ramsey on the best player which is Enunwa.  I expect a similar game as Cleveland, where Darnold will be under pressure all night because the Jets Oline isn't very good.  This could mean quick screens/passes to Enunwa like last week, but I would expect a similar line.  Something around 5-7 Catches/50-70 Yards and I doubt a TD.

Yeah, I'm probably not starting him this week but TBH that's still a pretty decent floor for a WR2/3 on most teams. 

20 hours ago, Cord said:

I just discovered that Enunwa ranks 14th among WRs in targets. That's pretty impressive. 

He is the freaking apple of Sam Darnold's eye ! 

Through 3 games pretty much every pass he attempts goes like this: Look for Enunwa, run right, look for Enunwa again. If he still ain`t open tuck the ball and run.

1 hour ago, RoboFroogs said:

Yeah, I'm probably not starting him this week but TBH that's still a pretty decent floor for a WR2/3 on most teams. 

Absolutely and I think the decision to start Enunwa really comes down to your team.  If you've got some solid floor players, roll out a guy like Callaway or Allison instead of Enunwa.  But if you're favored in your match up with some big hitters, take the safe points of Enunwa.  And who knows, maybe Enunwa gives us 8/80/1 because it's fantasy and the Gods love to screw with us. 

2 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Or, you get deer in the headlines stupid Darnold and he is pathetic like he was last week.  In theory, you would think that if he is getting rushed, he'll chuck it out to Enunwa immediately.  If that was always the case, Enunwa would have like 25 targets a game.  Instead he holds on to the ball, or he'll scramble to the outside and then try to complete an impossible sideline pass.

19 hours ago, WVFalcon said:

I really love his talents, but almost dropped him this week for John Brown or Boyd because I need players to start this week, but Burkhead is on IR now so I didn't have to drop him. I love the talent but don't love the QB or the matchups in the next several weeks.

Gosh, if I had the chance to get Brown or Boyd, I'd make that move immediately.  Brown is at least the 1A to Crabtree's 1, and Boyd has been a stud.  Flacco and Dalton aren't exciting QBs by any means, but at this stage in their career, they're more reliable than Darnold.

Edited by CooL

55 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Trap game. Watch out on this, 100+ yds on 10+ catches. 

care to elaborate?  why are you projecting that line?

58 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Trap game. Watch out on this, 100+ yds on 10+ catches. 

2 minutes ago, Panthor said:

care to elaborate?  why are you projecting that line?

Agreed.  I think you need to look up the definition of "trap game".  

A trap game would imply that we think he's going to ball out, but then the Jags shut him down and he has a pathetic 3-27 on 9 targets line.

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Agreed.  I think you need to look up the definition of "trap game".  

A trap game would imply that we think he's going to ball out, but then the Jags shut him down and he has a pathetic 3-27 on 9 targets line.

I think he’s implying a trap game for the Jags. Jets win. Hence a good stat line by Q. 

Edited by yahyahtrick
  • Like 1