NYR Fan 116894

Quincy Enunwa 2018 Outlook

11 minutes ago, Coachacola37 said:

I kind of hope so...as long as somebody else like Anderson has a solid game. I'm not dressing Enunwa this week, so I want future opposing defenses to key in on somebody other than Quincy

Love the way you put that.  I am going to steal it in my everyday discussion verbiage.  "I am not dressing player X this week," I'll say.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Love the way you put that.  I am going to steal it in my everyday discussion verbiage.  "I am not dressing player X this week," I'll say.

1 hour ago, Coachacola37 said:

I kind of hope so...as long as somebody else like Anderson has a solid game. I'm not dressing Enunwa this week, so I want future opposing defenses to key in on somebody other than Quincy

Or Enunwa proves us all wrong and manages to get separation from his defenders and takes it to the house twice!!! 

Wouldn't that be nice with him on your bench!

He was pretty much a must start wr for 3 weeks now, all of a sudden he faces a tougher defense and guys want to "not dress him"

Good wide receivers manage to be productive even against tough competition

Is enunwa all of a sudden not a good wide receiver since last week?

Just because Darnold looked rusty, doesnt mean he can't come out and look confident and play with assertiveness. Rookie qbs have ups and downs

Edited by joed2323

On 9/11/2018 at 9:48 PM, Fantasy Gooroo said:

His injury and marginal quarterback play have made him affordable for the blue collar owners like myself who like to mine the waivers for slept on prospects. If you drafted Larry, you keep him. But that’s not the same offense in AZ. Not the same HC. Not even the same QB or the same Fitz. What I do know is this young kid in NY knows how to throw the ball. I also know Enunwa is the alpha in that receiver room. To me, it’s worth the gamble.

Where are we with this at the quarter mark of the season? Not whipping trousers snakes out here but are we still valuing Fitz higher than Enunwa? Has the gap closed any?

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

I think in PPR, Enunwa has way more value. He's the clear #1 WR on this team, and getting awesome targets, but it's all going to depend on Darnold, and I just don't think you can depend on that week to week. This week especially with JAX.

He's still a good bench player for bye weeks I think.

Jacksonville allowing 75% completion rate on balls thrown less than 10 yards. That seems to favor Q.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FooserX said:

I think in PPR, Enunwa has way more value. He's the clear #1 WR on this team, and getting awesome targets, but it's all going to depend on Darnold, and I just don't think you can depend on that week to week. This week especially with JAX.

He's still a good bench player for bye weeks I think.

Jets wont be running much - unless they take a lead somehow.  With Anderson stretching the field I can see Enunwa getting an easy 4+ catches as his floor.  

Floor this week should be 4 catches for 40 yards

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Jacksonville allowing 75% completion rate on balls thrown less than 10 yards. That seems to favor Q.

Good info.  I’ll be flexing him in my PPR leagues

9 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

Jets wont be running much - unless they take a lead somehow.  With Anderson stretching the field I can see Enunwa getting an easy 4+ catches as his floor.  

I totally agree. Enunwa will always have a “safe” floor for Sam Darnold and presents opportunity for volume.

9 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

Not that I expect the same this week, but we did beat them last year with pretty much the same team.

• Like 1

Do the Jags still deploy a defense close to the Seahawks Cover 3 scheme? Because this favors slot WRs or TEs who can find the soft spot, which is certainly something Enunwa does well.

If Bouye and Ramsey stay on the outside, there will be room for Enunwa against smaller nickel CBs, safeties and LBs (although they have a lightning fast group, I think Enunwa could match them).

Edited by frog34
  • Like 1

I tend to like the "slot receiver" argument here...but...

The one thing that scares me is NYJ offensive line. The Jags defensive lineman are going to have a day against the Jets...And I can't help but think that Darnold is going to be rushing a lot of throws...

That, and the Jags coming off an embarrassing loss against TEN, and they're playing the Jets at home...I think there's more negative than positive here for Enunwa. Maybe he breaks one and gets lucky...

But this feels like it could very easily be a 3-41-0 kind of day.

• Like 1

Made some amazing plays today, had another long gain called back due to holding.  Targeted twice in end zone.

things looking up after this game, jags were all over darnold the o line didn’t give him any help

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CORTEz said:

I tend to like the "slot receiver" argument here...but...

The one thing that scares me is NYJ offensive line. The Jags defensive lineman are going to have a day against the Jets...And I can't help but think that Darnold is going to be rushing a lot of throws...

That, and the Jags coming off an embarrassing loss against TEN, and they're playing the Jets at home...I think there's more negative than positive here for Enunwa. Maybe he breaks one and gets lucky...

But this feels like it could very easily be a 3-41-0 kind of day.

Well I was pretty close...3-24-0 before he broke off one big play for 42 yards.

14 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Well I was pretty close...3-24-0 before he broke off one big play for 42 yards.

Just take away his biggest play and....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/28/2018 at 10:19 PM, Smoketheclay said:

10 points vs the Jags D is pretty solid

3 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

But that 10 pt floor though...

Yep. Nothing wrong with that.

On 9/29/2018 at 1:19 AM, Smoketheclay said:

Close, 4/66 on 8 targets - you got the receptions correct but were low on the yardage gained.  Good call.

46 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Producing @ JAX has given me confidence to keep this guy in my lineup ROS. 

Not sure why anyone lost confidence.  People are fickle.  He's a rock solid WR3 but you might want to bench him in really difficult matchups, depending on your roster.  I benched him today in favor of Callaway and as it turns out, would have been slightly better off just leaving Q in there.  

12 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Not sure why anyone lost confidence.  People are fickle.  He's a rock solid WR3 but you might want to bench him in really difficult matchups, depending on your roster.  I benched him today in favor of Callaway and as it turns out, would have been slightly better off just leaving Q in there.  

I've rolled with him, but it's just today that gave me pause. Not anymore- rock solid WR3 with WR2 upside each game.