NYR Fan 116894

Quincy Enunwa 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Enunwa is more desirable than Anderson? Anderson was being covered by Slay all of last night. 

No, I'm arguing the exact opposite of that.  I'm just trying to ease the hype and warn people not to go crazy with faab spending for Enunwa based on this one game against a 0-16 looking lions team.

Edited by Kyle87
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

No, I'm arguing the exact opposite of that.  I'm just trying to ease the hype and warn people not to go crazy with faab spending for Enunwa based on this one game against a 0-16 looking lions team.

The Lions are not going 0-16 if anything you are over exaggerating in the exact opposite direction. Look this isn't a fluke. If anything he is picking up right where he left off where he had the likes of Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg throwing to him in 2016. Darnold is CLEARLY better than all of them. (At least the 2016 iteration of Fitzpatrick)

Not only that, but the coaching staff was CLEARLY going out of their way to scheme him into the game. They did more so with him than any other receiver on the field. If that is not a true endorsement of what they think of him I don't know what else is.

Also, Slay was not exclusively on Anderson the whole game. If you watch the video of all his targets you can clearly see Slay on Enunwa in a few of them. (Enunwa torched him on a slant in the slot but dropped the ball)

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 6

49 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Nah, Enunwa is the real deal. People forget because he got injured last year but in 2016 he was on fire with garbage QB play. That said, I don't think Robby is bad but he is more of a standard play and E is a PPR play. I think E has more targets and possibly more yardage/TDs this year in addition to more receptions.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 4:29 PM, gus030 said:

Darnold is the real deal fellas.  This guy had 800 yards with 2016 Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith throwing to him.

Now he has a real QB, enunwa gotta be the most slept on wr in this message board.

This man told ya'll should of listened.......now let the bidding begin !!

Hoping he can solve my WR3 issues but the tape looks really good so far.

He took some big hits last night but he is built like a tank.

The biggest positive aside from the targets and target share was the fact that a lot of these plays seemed tailored for him specifically.  First target was a WR screen that got blown up but he motioned a few times out of the backfield and also a few pick plays.  Could be PPR gold if the connection between him and Darnold is real.  Still only one week but some very positive signs.

1 hour ago, oresteszero said:

Enunwa is more desirable than Anderson? Anderson was being covered by Slay all of last night. 

Anderson relies heavily on the deep ball, with Enunwa your going to get volume and a safer floor. Depends what you prefer higher ceilier/floor

I’m planning to start him as my WR2 going forward

He reminds me of Marques Colston

injuries are a concern because he plays so tough

2 hours ago, oresteszero said:

I don’t really have the bench room and thinking of dropping Anderson for Q straight up in .5PPR. Maybe week 1 but 10 targets vs 1 is all I need to see. 

My concern is that Anderson was covered by Slay all night. The TD he caught was when Slay wasn't on him. Second Kearse was out. Im not sure how that affects Enunwa but it's another variable.

Enunwa is going to cost a lot after last night's performance. Unless Anderson has a tough CB schedule ROS I'm not sure  about Enunwa. 

With Anderson, Pryor, and Kearse playing the outside and no tight end to speak of, Q has the entire middle of the field to himself. Built like a Mack truck, sure handed, and a security blanket for a rookie QB. Barring injury , I would be extremely surprised if he doesn't post WR2 numbers ROS.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cyberwatty said:

My concern is that Anderson was covered by Slay all night. The TD he caught was when Slay wasn't on him. Second Kearse was out. Im not sure how that affects Enunwa but it's another variable.

Enunwa is going to cost a lot after last night's performance. Unless Anderson has a tough CB schedule ROS I'm not sure  about Enunwa. 

I think Kearse being healthy would affect Pryor more, no?  Does Kearse play the slot?  Seems like Quincy is the guy who works the middle of the field.  He's PPR silver/gold.

I'd be concerned if I was a Robby Anderson owner.  Sure, it's only one game, and he was covered for most of the night by Slay.  Without that TD, he obviously would have been a zero last night.  The Jets offense seems after one game to be running it hard and the short high percentage looks.  In other words, an offense designed for a new rookie QB.  

Anderson will continue to get the best CB. I wouldn't think this topic of conversation is going to go away anytime soon. In all honesty, they help each other. The more Robby gets the ball over the top, the more space is open in the mid-field, and vice versa. Both guys can have extremely productive seasons.

49 minutes ago, cyberwatty said:

Anderson was running wild and wasn't getting targeted.  That Pryor catch around midfield had Anderson in the background running wide open deep.

2 hours ago, RoboFroogs said:

Nah, Enunwa is the real deal. People forget because he got injured last year but in 2016 he was on fire with garbage QB play. That said, I don't think Robby is bad but he is more of a standard play and E is a PPR play. I think E has more targets and possibly more yardage/TDs this year in addition to more receptions.

And what did Anderson do?  Better numbers with the same garbage QB play in 2017.

1 hour ago, kco734 said:

Anderson relies heavily on the deep ball, with Enunwa your going to get volume and a safer floor. Depends what you prefer higher ceilier/floor

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2018/7/16/17573388/which-route-types-did-robby-anderson-produce-the-most-and-least-with-new-york-jets-route-type-stats

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2018/7/17/17578530/how-complete-of-a-receiver-is-quincy-enunwa-breaking-down-enunwas-numbers-by-route-type-ny-jets

In my Robby Anderson article, I was a little hard on Anderson for lack of underneath production, but it turns out Anderson’s numbers underneath in 2017 actually were more impressive than Enunwa’s in 2016 based on efficiency. Anderson averaged 8.1 yards per flat/screen reception compared to Enunwa’s 5.2. I think we need to take efficiency levels on underneath routes with a grain of salt. Whether or not those plays are successful hinge much more on circumstance than downfield routes. Enunwa caught 20 of 23 flat/screen routes on the year for over 100 yards and 5 first downs; respectable totals. The first down and yardage rates are low, but that’s because many of those plays had no shot and were blown up immediately.

Though in a much smaller sample size, Enunwa was even better on go routes in 2016 than the great Robby Anderson in 2017. He caught 4 of 7 go route targets for 36.8 yards per reception and a 141.1 quarterback rating when targeted.

1 minute ago, Sternes said:

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2018/7/16/17573388/which-route-types-did-robby-anderson-produce-the-most-and-least-with-new-york-jets-route-type-stats

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2018/7/17/17578530/how-complete-of-a-receiver-is-quincy-enunwa-breaking-down-enunwas-numbers-by-route-type-ny-jets

In my Robby Anderson article, I was a little hard on Anderson for lack of underneath production, but it turns out Anderson’s numbers underneath in 2017 actually were more impressive than Enunwa’s in 2016 based on efficiency. Anderson averaged 8.1 yards per flat/screen reception compared to Enunwa’s 5.2. I think we need to take efficiency levels on underneath routes with a grain of salt. Whether or not those plays are successful hinge much more on circumstance than downfield routes. Enunwa caught 20 of 23 flat/screen routes on the year for over 100 yards and 5 first downs; respectable totals. The first down and yardage rates are low, but that’s because many of those plays had no shot and were blown up immediately.

Though in a much smaller sample size, Enunwa was even better on go routes in 2016 than the great Robby Anderson in 2017. He caught 4 of 7 go route targets for 36.8 yards per reception and a 141.1 quarterback rating when targeted.

Do you have an argument? I read what I post.

Anderson did better than Enunwa 2016 vs 2017.  Anderson while a deep threat, is not JUST a one trick pony.  Enunwa is also a deep threat himself.  I'm not sure where people think they are no overlapping skills and Anderson can't catch something short and Enunwa can't go deep. 

Anderson should be more involved in the O, and it doesn't have to just be a Go route.

In fact the bigger the cushion, the easier short passes will be for him.  His number one route ran per the article was a curl last year.  I'd like to see more slants and things to let him exploit that.  Using him as a decoy to open up space is a waste of his talent.

5 minutes ago, Sternes said:

And what did Anderson do?  Better numbers with the same garbage QB play in 2017.

McCown had a 94.5  passer rating last year and threw twice as many TDs as INTs.

Fitz had a 69.6 passer rating in '16 and threw 17 picks vs 12 TDs. I'd say Anderson benefited from better QB play. That being said, I still think Robby holds some flex value, but Q appears to be the go-to guy.

4 minutes ago, Big_Trav said:

McCown had a 94.5  passer rating last year and threw twice as many TDs as INTs.

Fitz had a 69.6 passer rating in '16 and threw 17 picks vs 12 TDs. I'd say Anderson benefited from better QB play. That being said, I still think Robby holds some flex value, but Q appears to be the go-to guy.

Passer rating is tied to TDs.  You are saying the same thing twice.  Maybe he did better because Anderson was targeted more.  :D

2 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Anderson did better than Enunwa 2016 vs 2017.  Anderson while a deep threat, is not JUST a one trick pony.  Enunwa is also a deep threat himself.  I'm not sure where people think they are no overlapping skills and Anderson can't catch something short and Enunwa can't go deep. 

Anderson should be more involved in the O, and it doesn't have to just be a Go route.

In fact the bigger the cushion, the easier short passes will be for him.  His number one route ran per the article was a curl last year.  I'd like to see more slants and things to let him exploit that.  Using him as a decoy to open up space is a waste of his talent.

So what is your point / conclusion to all of this?  Are you saying to tap the brakes with Enunwa because you think Anderson is the better WR?  Or that Anderson should be more involved in coming weeks?  Or that they are both going to do well in this offense?  

Last night was a bit of a weird game, no doubt.  Thanks to the 2 PR TD's, plus Crowell's long run, it was a blowout without Darnold even having to hardly throw the ball in the second half.  Enunwa got basically 50% of the targets, and Anderson got 1 of 21.  That type of share likely isn't going to remain the same.  But at the same time it seems like Darnold has obvious chemistry with Enunwa, which he may be lacking with Anderson at this point. 

In a "normal" game script where Darnold throws 30+ passes, there will be plenty of passes to go around for all, I think.  I don't think it's an Enunwa or Anderson thing, and I think they can both put up fantasy relevant numbers under the right circumstances.  But we also can't just write off last night as Darnold missing Anderson being open a bunch of times, and passes he 'should have had'.  It's clear Darnold likes Enunwa, and there were sequences where he threw to him 2 or 3 plays in a row.    

21 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Fitzpatrick (2016), Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg are no where near equivalent QB play to Josh McCown in 2017. Just stop.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Passer rating is tied to TDs.  You are saying the same thing twice.  Maybe he did better because Anderson was targeted more.  :D

The point remains the same. Comparing last year's McCown to a 2016 Fitz is ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Different circumstances this year. Was Enunwa around last year when Robinson had better underneath numbers? The chemistry between Enunwa and Darnold is clearly there. I get it you own Robby Anderson.....i do not believe hes going to be a bust. Just sticking with my initial post Enunwa will have more catches and a safer floor. Id also go on record saying he is a bigger redzone option as well. 

Why has this become a big debate of Anderson vs E? In my leagues (2), Anderson is owned and E is not. If they were both orphans, then this debate would be justified. But they aren't. So ill be trying to pick up E on waivers since his situation is better than some of those currently on my roster.

edit: i suppose this comment would fit better in the waiver pickups thread

Edited by slothfantasy