NYR Fan 116894

Quincy Enunwa 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Hello old friend. McCown should be throwing to him this weekend. Isn't this guy worth rolling with again? White should shadow Anderson I think.

When I red that Darnold has a "foot issue", and can't be QB this weekend:
Image result for smile gif

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Haha 1

McCowns in now so this should help the passing game.

Anyone know if Enunwa is strictly an outside WR now? Is Kearse the slot guy? Looks like Robby Anderson is out for Sunday but if Enunwa is running outside, he will probably see a lot of Tre'Davious White.

How many targets do you think he sees this week with Anderson out? Unfortunately I don’t think they’ll have to throw a ton this week to win

Enunwa and Kearse are both available in my league and I'm probably going to be stuck playing one of them in my flex. 

Which one of these guys is going to see more targets is difficult to predict though.

McCown is starting this week.

Probably a better QB than Darnold at this point in his career.   Enunwa has potential this week.

I will be using him in my flex role.

Yep, basically he had one good season in 2016, and this year was useful, but also hurt.  20 million for that?  He should get a few mil guaranteed at best.    

I feel like next year this contract will be interpreted by a few to be a sign that he definitely will be highly targeted, and he'll get overdrafted.  I like the guy and wouldn't mind him as a back end roster guy, but that's it.  

3 hours ago, CooL said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25633323/quincy-enunwa-new-york-jets-agree-four-year-extension

I'm puzzled at the need to give him $20 million.  Would many teams be jumping at this oft-injured player who has been essentially mediocre?

I think the Jets would have been better off going after Golden Tate.

Golden Tate stinks and has seen his snap count decrease in favor of Dallas Goeddert. 

25 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

Golden Tate stinks and has seen his snap count decrease in favor of Dallas Goeddert. 

LOL.  And Quincy is much better?  As mentioned above, the guy had one good year and has been injured for much of the others.  Tate at least has proved he can play in this league.  His usage in Philly doesn't mean anything.

I'm just perplexed that they gave him so much guaranteed money.  They must really have thought there are suitors out there.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CooL said:

LOL.  And Quincy is much better?  As mentioned above, the guy had one good year and has been injured for much of the others.  Tate at least has proved he can play in this league.  His usage in Philly doesn't mean anything.

I'm just perplexed that they gave him so much guaranteed money.  They must really have thought there are suitors out there.

Oh I agree. It's a head scratcher but Golden Tate isn't the answer. Why isn't Foles using him then? 

1 hour ago, Corey In Da House said:

Oh I agree. It's a head scratcher but Golden Tate isn't the answer. Why isn't Foles using him then? 

Jury's still out on that assuming PHI can get in the playoffs. Tate could erase all negativity with a sudden playoff resurgence. The way Foles is playing I think anything's possible if PHI can make the postseason.

I see Enunwa as a WR4/Flex in 2019 12-team drafts. Regardless of the outcome Sunday the Jets have earned basically an 'INC' on this season as far as how everything is going to shake out. Darnold was awful early and better late. Crowell was alternately good and then awful and then missed the most critical time of the season. Herndon is one dude I can say is worth going after in Keeper/Dynasty formats.

There's still quite a bit of "roster-pruning" to happen here - a lot of uncertainty. Considering Enunwa's propensity for injury his 2019 price will be very affordable because if he survives attrition himself he'll be in a key role in the offense. It's all about opportunity with Enunwa because the skill is there.