NYR Fan 116894

Aaron Rodgers 2018 Outlook

Just now, vthokie3 said:

That's how I think of it as well. I'd feel more comfortable taking rodgers than grabbing a RB/WR I don't love like Drake or Cooper

this is exactly why my ideal scoring system is .5 PPR and 6 point all TDs ... at some point the best QB in the game needs to actually be considered valuable. In 4 point passing leagues, I couldn't care less about QB and will just wait for some cheap mobile QB (mariota, smith, mahomes, tyrod) for the cheap rushing yards/scoring exploitation 

add some PPR and make all TDs count - more reflective of actual player values in reality (rodgers, kelce types over drake/alex collins types for example)

This may be most relevant in a J Williams or R Cobb thread but I just saw on Sports Center that A Rogers thinks the Packers offense will b a “work in progress” this season.

That indicates to me there is a lot that is still unsettled in the GB offense.

14 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

This may be most relevant in a J Williams or R Cobb thread but I just saw on Sports Center that A Rogers thinks the Packers offense will b a “work in progress” this season.

That indicates to me there is a lot that is still unsettled in the GB offense.

I think the biggest concern is health.  That goes for the entire offense.  They have had their fair share of injuries at OL, RB, WR and even Rodgers himself.  There's basically not a ton of continuity.  He also lost his most trusted WR in Jordy Nelson.

Adams is a nice player and Graham is the best TE he has ever had but there is certainly concerns over the health of their entire RB group and Cobb.  There's little WR depth as well.  We'll see is Allison can make the jump into becoming a solid NFL WR with an increase in reps.

But a healthy Aaron Rodgers makes this offense fly.

Well in my 12 team league 6 pt TD pass everyone wanted shining RB and WR and TE i grabbed Rodgers in round 4, thought it was a good value

There are a lot of reasons not to reach for Rodgers too early.

• The receiving corps lacks speed.  Adams has proven to be an excellent WR, impressively producing while Hundley was QB.  But he's not fast.  Nor is Cobb.  Nor is Jimmy Graham.  I've heard that Allison is by far the best of the rest and he's not fast.  If they had a lid lifter, the other receivers would be so much better.  Can these guys beat man coverage?
  • The offensive "braintrust".  McCarthy searched high and low for an offensive mind dumber than himself and he found one in Joe Philbin.
  • Commitment to the run.  They have a stable of good young RBs like they haven't had in years.  The coaches want to run and they might just succeed.  It's doubtful they'll succeed like the Saints did last season, but look at what happened to Brees' volume.
  • Brutal schedule.  Based on fantasy points allowed to QBs last season, GB faces the #1 most difficult defensive schedule in the entire league.

The counterargument is that he's the best QB we've seen since the 1980s and his supporting cast is pretty good.

47 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

There are a lot of reasons not to reach for Rodgers too early.

• The receiving corps lacks speed.  Adams has proven to be an excellent WR, impressively producing while Hundley was QB.  But he's not fast.  Nor is Cobb.  Nor is Jimmy Graham.  I've heard that Allison is by far the best of the rest and he's not fast.  If they had a lid lifter, the other receivers would be so much better.  Can these guys beat man coverage?
  • The offensive "braintrust".  McCarthy searched high and low for an offensive mind dumber than himself and he found one in Joe Philbin.
  • Commitment to the run.  They have a stable of good young RBs like they haven't had in years.  The coaches want to run and they might just succeed.  It's doubtful they'll succeed like the Saints did last season, but look at what happened to Brees' volume.
  • Brutal schedule.  Based on fantasy points allowed to QBs last season, GB faces the #1 most difficult defensive schedule in the entire league.

The counterargument is that he's the best QB we've seen since the 1980s and his supporting cast is pretty good.

Well he's QB1 it's all about how far he falls before someone takes the plunge.  For me it's mid round 4 and I'll take him.  I need two starting rbs and a starting wr before I'll do it... Doesn't really happen ever though

Edited by Kyle87

3 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Well he's QB1 it's all about how far he falls before someone takes the plunge.  For me it's mid round 4 and I'll take him.  I need two starting rbs and a starting wr before I'll do it... Doesn't really happen ever though

I need 2 staring RBs, 2 starting WRs, and a flex before I’ll even consider a QB. 

19 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Well he's QB1 it's all about how far he falls before someone takes the plunge.

Exactly.  I was considering him for my late 2nd and early 3rd round picks, but I've decided against it.  By the time I pick late in the 4th he'll be gone and I can live with that.

1 minute ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

Why is Rodgers thread so short?  Is it because we already know what we need to know...Basically, nothing here to see, it's A, Rodgers.  Move along...

Yes.

Just now, Biig_Pressure21 said:

Why is Rodgers thread so short?  Is it because we already know what we need to know...Basically, nothing here to see, it's A, Rodgers.  Move along...

QB threads always tend to be short because in standard leagues no one really cares about QBS all that much. This year, there is probably 15 guys you can grab and be good.

How do QBs fit in in rankings. My league starts 2 flexs and another flex spot that we can start a QB in.

Would Taking someone like Rodgers in the 1st round be suicide?

19 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

How do QBs fit in in rankings. My league starts 2 flexs and another flex spot that we can start a QB in.

so wait your saying you can start 3 QBs in your league?

31 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Late pick first round I don't mind it, early I wouldn't.  In a 2 qb league streaming good matchups isn't an option because there are no QBs around so having a weekly stud is pretty significant.

It varies greatly from draft to draft though.  Some people treat it the same as a regular league, and wind up with 2 QBs ranked in the 20 plus range as their starters.  It's not pretty to look at.

• Thanks 1

Man Rodgers face didn't look good at all when he was leaving the field on the cart.  

Looked like he was ready to cry.