kmac771

D’angelo Russell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Guys... I'm starting to fall in love with him. I think this could be his new norm.... Please convince me otherwise 

1 hour ago, ejaggit said:

Guys... I'm starting to fall in love with him. I think this could be his new norm.... Please convince me otherwise 

If you are an FG% punt team than D'LO is the real deal.

No need to be 'convinced otherwise' XD

The kid 'knows' how to ball, and as I said numerous times in this thread, 

he has no freakish athleticism or any kind of 'flash' compared to other 'top young guards',

but he simply just knows how to get points and make passes. which is hard to 'learn'.

Be in mind he'll be inconsistent at times, but I think this kid might have finally found his game.

It shows both on the stat sheet and on the court

Draft day.....8th round......my pick.....on the board we have DSJ and DLO right next to each other...

Surely DSJ is primed for a break out right? Right???

WRONG......drafted DSJ and dropped him 2 weeks ago...still on the wire 

fml :( Wish I had DLO.

3 hours ago, pyro7 said:

lakers made a mistake trading dlo away

Yes and no.  I love D'lo's game.  I vouch for him 100% as someone that has a lot of talent.  He is better than Lonzo Ball, and is going to have a better career than him.  But I understand why they did it too because by trading him, they were able to get rid of Mozgov's horrible contract in the deal. 

Personally I wouldn't have traded him and would've tried to find another way to get rid of Mozgov. But they needed to shed money to open up their cap for Lebron and others eventually if they can get them.  So I get it that getting rid of Mozgov was critical to their plans.

11 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Yes and no.  I love D'lo's game.  I vouch for him 100% as someone that has a lot of talent.  He is better than Lonzo Ball, and is going to have a better career than him.  But I understand why they did it too because by trading him, they were able to get rid of Mozgov's horrible contract in the deal. 

Personally I wouldn't have traded him and would've tried to find another way to get rid of Mozgov. But they needed to shed money to open up their cap for Lebron and others eventually if they can get them.  So I get it that getting rid of Mozgov was critical to their plans.

Don't forget about Kuzma, that's what the trade basically ended up becoming: Dlo for Mozgov and Kuzma 

I don't know if they made a mistake, per se, but Russell is certainly better than they apparently thought he was.  It worked out for the Lakers anyway, I think.  Most teams with Kuzma would love to trade him for Russell, but would the Lakers?  When you have LeBron and Ball already?  Kuzma is probably a better fit anyway.

1 hour ago, Pyschout said:

I don't know if they made a mistake, per se, but Russell is certainly better than they apparently thought he was.  It worked out for the Lakers anyway, I think.  Most teams with Kuzma would love to trade him for Russell, but would the Lakers?  When you have LeBron and Ball already?  Kuzma is probably a better fit anyway.

no way. In real life Kuzma >>>>>>>>> D Lo. I don't think any NBA team would rather have D Lo over Kuzma. Nets did fine but Lakers won that deal big imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

no way. In real life Kuzma >>>>>>>>> D Lo. I don't think any NBA team would rather have D Lo over Kuzma. Nets did fine but Lakers won that deal big imo.

Kuzma is a nice shooter who can rebound.  There's a lot of those dudes in the NBA.  He's pretty replaceable.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

Kuzma is a nice shooter who can rebound.  There's a lot of those dudes in the NBA.  He's pretty replaceable.

And it's pretty easy to find a PG who can't shoot above 44%, mediocre passing, and does not truly help the players around him. Today's NBA stretch athletic bigs are one of the most important pieces to a team. Kuzma spacing helps players around him. Now for fantasy I would take D Lo this year over Kuzma. But in real life I don't think it's even close.  Kuzma has the potential to be a HUGE part of winning team. D Lo is producing because he is on a team with no talent and their best overall player is hurt. 

Edited by SuperHans
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SuperHans said:

And it's pretty easy to find a PG who can't shoot above 44%, mediocre passing, and does not truly help the players around him. Today's NBA stretch athletic bigs are one of the most important pieces to a team. Kuzma spacing helps players around him. Now for fantasy I would take D Lo this year over Kuzma. But in real life I don't think it's even close.  Kuzma has the potential to be a HUGE part of winning team. D Lo is producing because he is on a team with no talent and their best overall player is hurt. 

🤷

If Kuzma mysteriously vanished tonight, the Lakers could find someone to replace him pretty easily, as far as NBA players go.  Come on down, E'Twaun Moore or a bunch of other dudes.  As I said, he fits better for the Lakers because the Lakers already have extremely competent ball handlers.  But otherwise, Future MVP is Current JAG.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

🤷

If Kuzma mysteriously vanished tonight, the Lakers could find someone to replace him pretty easily, as far as NBA players go.  Come on down, E'Twaun Moore or a bunch of other dudes.  As I said, he fits better for the Lakers because the Lakers already have extremely competent ball handlers.  But otherwise, Future MVP is Current JAG.

This is why every sports analyst is saying the Lakers don't need to trade Kuzma for a piece to win right now.

Said no one ever about D Lo.  

I do agree Kuzma is replaceable, but truly isn't any nba player besides maybe 10-12 guys..... D Lo def wouldn't fit in the category of non replaceable players. 

Just now, SuperHans said:

This is why every sports analyst is saying the Lakers don't need to trade Kuzma for a piece to win right now.

Said no one ever about D Lo.  

I do agree Kuzma is replaceable, but truly isn't any nba player besides maybe 10-12 guys..... D Lo def wouldn't fit in the category of non replaceable players. 

Alright bro.  I wonder what Garrett Temple is doing these days.

19 hours ago, pyro7 said:

lakers made a mistake trading dlo away

kuzma > d-lo

the fact that mozgov came off the books was a bonus

Time will tell.

And as far as I'm concerned, the modern NBA is quite friendly to guards who can shoot and spray A-passes.

Rebounding is one of the most easily obtainable assets.

Yeah, time will tell. :)

17 hours ago, Pyschout said:

🤷

lol stop talking outta your butt, you probably haven't even watched a Laker game this season...Kuz is extremely important to this Laker team, he's extremely talented and this is only his 2nd year! he can become an incredible scorer in a few years, right now hes not expected to carry the load with LeBron and Lonzo having the ball mainly...he is not replaceable on this Lakers team, you cannot replace his talents with a Moore or a Prince, you're ridiculous and obviously haven't been watching Laker games this season smh.

also being a huge Laker & DLo fan, seeing him ball out is a pleasure to watch, always thought the kid was going to be something special, just wish the damn coach would give him consistent mins in the mid 30s instead of 20s in the past. hes getting mins right now and rightfully is getting his past due, I think the only thing that'll derail him is the coach tbh.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

no he's not

yes he is

5 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

kuzma > d-lo

the fact that mozgov came off the books was a bonus

not talking abt kuz. lakers should have traded 2nd pick(lonzo) instead of dlo.

It's Lonzo > D'lo > Kuzma in my opinion (not a Lakers fan either).

I think Lonzo is the only one with any all-star potential though, the other two are low-end starters.

7 hours ago, JStyles said:

It's Lonzo > D'lo > Kuzma in my opinion (not a Lakers fan either).

I think Lonzo is the only one with any all-star potential though, the other two are low-end starters.

there’s absolutely no way d-lo is better than kuz

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2018 at 6:26 AM, Kobe824 said:

lol stop talking outta your butt, you probably haven't even watched a Laker game this season...Kuz is extremely important to this Laker team, he's extremely talented and this is only his 2nd year! he can become an incredible scorer in a few years, right now hes not expected to carry the load with LeBron and Lonzo having the ball mainly...he is not replaceable on this Lakers team, you cannot replace his talents with a Moore or a Prince, you're ridiculous and obviously haven't been watching Laker games this season smh.

also being a huge Laker & DLo fan, seeing him ball out is a pleasure to watch, always thought the kid was going to be something special, just wish the damn coach would give him consistent mins in the mid 30s instead of 20s in the past. hes getting mins right now and rightfully is getting his past due, I think the only thing that'll derail him is the coach tbh.

lmao okay "Kobe824"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pyschout said:

lmao okay "Kobe824"

hes right .. the fact that u compared kuzma to etuane moore is laughable. 

• Haha 2

On 12/21/2018 at 12:07 PM, COBBLEPOT said:

hes right .. the fact that u compared kuzma to etuane moore is laughable. 

lmao are you a Laker fan too

22 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

lmao are you a Laker fan too

They're right tho, comparing those two is laughable. Kuz is a future all star , in my opinion. And so is Lonzo. Give them a couple more years, I have no doubt about that.  D’ Lo is just a good to great player. Thats it, end of story, not bashing Russell. But for what it’s worth, I think Spencer D is a better PG than him. 

• Like 1