kmac771

D’angelo Russell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Just now, RunCMC said:

They're right tho, comparing those two is laughable. Kuz is a future all star , in my opinion. And so is Lonzo. Give them a couple more years, I have no doubt about that.  D’ Lo is just a good to great player. Thats it, end of story, not bashing Russell. But for what it’s worth, I think Spencer D is a better PG than him. 

Lonzo might be.  Kuz is JAG.

On brightside. He’s having a solid fantasy season since Levert went down. I do agree Spencer d > D Lo  irl. D Lo probably a better shooter but that’s about it. 

Kuzma not a JAG

Edited by SuperHans
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

Youre the reason these forums need to be taken with a grain of salt. Some of the worst analysis i have ever seen.

Was this a serious post?  Because I said Lonzo might be an All Star but Kuzma is just another guy?

lmao wow

14 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

On brightside. He’s having a solid fantasy season since Levert went down. I do agree Spencer d > D Lo  irl. D Lo probably a better shooter but that’s about it. 

Kuzma not a JAG

Yup people are delusional calling him a JAG. Even the biggest laker hater wouldn’t say that, you would look like an idiot. And Spencer is actually the better shooter, believe it or not. From basketball-reference.com . But for sure, as far as fantasy is concerned, this year I rather have Russell. I wouldn’t be surprised he gets traded next year. Brooklyn is going after a big fish in free agency. 

This year, 2018-2019 season

Spencer : FG%:  47.5 &  3PT%:  36.6

D ‘ Lo :  FG%:  41.8  &  3PT%:    36.3

11 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Yup people are delusional calling him a JAG. Even the biggest laker hater wouldn’t say that, you would look like an idiot.

Checks location

lol

On 23/12/2018 at 4:15 AM, RunCMC said:

Yup people are delusional calling him a JAG. Even the biggest laker hater wouldn’t say that, you would look like an idiot. And Spencer is actually the better shooter, believe it or not. From basketball-reference.com . But for sure, as far as fantasy is concerned, this year I rather have Russell. I wouldn’t be surprised he gets traded next year. Brooklyn is going after a big fish in free agency. 

This year, 2018-2019 season

Spencer : FG%:  47.5 &  3PT%:  36.6

D ‘ Lo :  FG%:  41.8  &  3PT%:    36.3

We should take into account that Russell is going up against starters while DnWdie is facing second units. I think Russ has a better shooting mechanism and stroke but he has worst decision making overall, that results in bad shooting decisions at times. However, the coaching staff trusts both of them for big shots in the crunch time, depends who's hot atm.

I'm still trying to sell as a 2 for 1 package with Larry Nance for a buy low 20 -  30 capable guy that will have value later in the season (injured or not playing well right now). 

I'm pretty sure that LaVert coming back will noticeably hurt his value (even if just the seesaw inconsistency much like we saw at the beginning of the season)

21 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Its clear the coach just doesn't like this guy...Not a single minute in any of the OT's, it's sad...

Not true, Coach just rolled with the same unit that was playing well. It happens at times but Russell didn’t shoot well tonight probably didn’t help his case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cozie said:

Not true, Coach just rolled with the same unit that was playing well. It happens at times but Russell didn’t shoot well tonight probably didn’t help his case.

Not sure how your starter and leading the scorer on the team doesn't play a single minute in either OT!! I see players go 3-15 and still playing all the time..7-18 isn't really a horrible night no to warrant a complete shut down end of the game and both OTs...

Edited by Starvela

It's not a matter of coach not liking him, it's that Dinwiddie is outplaying him too many times on both ends, Kenny will always roll with the lineup that is most effective. Dlo is just always inconsistent you never know what you're gonna get from him that's why he got traded. He will have a good game, than give you a dud, than give you an okay game, than a dud, than give you a good game. I can't blame the coach but this is just who Dlo is that's why he's not a star yet. 

His efficiency really haven't improved since his rookie year, the only difference is he's shooting a bit more. I don't think he'll ever make a leap at this point and be consistently good. 

DAR was drafted highly three years ago to be a building block. he's turned into a productive offensive player as expected, but his flaws will hold him back from ever becoming a franchise player. he's actually a solid starter for the nets now, but i think if DAR wants to stay relevant in the next several years, he'll have to take the same path as eric gordon. a sixth man role in a run heavy offense just like the nets last year would be a great fit for DAR. he'll feast on second stringers and his flaws will be partially hidden coming off the bench. i dont see the nets re-signing him this summer, unless the nets fail to lure a big name free-agent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sold high just in time. He was playing well which was keeping Dindwiddie at bay, but now thats a battle again. Then when Caris comes back he's going to take a backseat like the beginning of the season.

Anyone think he'll get traded?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

Sold high just in time. He was playing well which was keeping Dindwiddie at bay, but now thats a battle again. Then when Caris comes back he's going to take a backseat like the beginning of the season.

Anyone think he'll get traded?

Who did you get for him?

Nets franchise is something unreal for developing their young core
I remember years ago they gave 30+ minutes to a guy named Kilpatrick (Gleague material..) with Levert sitting on the bench and collecting dnp-cds
now they give lot of minutes to a good role player without future like Dinwiddie instead the young and talented D-Lo
They need to win? No
They need to develop their young guys? Yes
How they could develop? Playing all the minutes they can handle, even being wrong.
They're developing well just Jarrett Allen, missing opportunies with interesting guys like Russell or RHJ

39 minutes ago, reverb said:

Who did you get for him?

MY: DLo + AGordon + Nance

FOR 

THEIR: Kemba + Mirotic <---- My guys now!

• Thanks 1

I’d actually say the Nets are above average at developing players.  DAR wasn’t highly valued by the Lakers and they brought up him to top 50 value.  Allen, LaVert, Rondae etc idk how valued these guys were going to be by other teams.  Dinwiddie same except with less upside.  All of them have been developed well and in a rotation where they’re less likely to get injured too.  They’ve moved up to 6th in the east.  Given their situation after the DWill/Garnett ****show I would say their recovery has been nothing short of remarkable. 

39 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Nets franchise is something unreal for developing their young core
I remember years ago they gave 30+ minutes to a guy named Kilpatrick (Gleague material..) with Levert sitting on the bench and collecting dnp-cds
now they give lot of minutes to a good role player without future like Dinwiddie instead the young and talented D-Lo
They need to win? No
They need to develop their young guys? Yes
How they could develop? Playing all the minutes they can handle, even being wrong.
They're developing well just Jarrett Allen, missing opportunies with interesting guys like Russell or RHJ

Agree on your first assessment about Kilpatrick and Levert. But you literally dropped the ball on saying D-Lo is talented. If you watch any Nets games, you would see Spencer D is better than Russell in all facets of the game.  He's a better shooter, facilitator, and defender by far.  Lakers let D-Lo go for a reason, coach Atkinson has Spencer close out most games for a reason, they just resigned Dinwiddie to a contract extension for a reason... hes the better player. If anything hes the one with the higher upside, not the other way around. I would like for him to be the starting PG and see what he can do. We've already seen what Russell can do, and quite honestly it's nothing spectacular.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Agree on your first assessment about Kilpatrick and Levert. But you literally dropped the ball on saying D-Lo is talented. If you watch any Nets games, you would see Spencer D is better than Russell in all facets of the game.  He's a better shooter, facilitator, and defender by far.  Lakers let D-Lo go for a reason, coach Atkinson has Spencer close out most games for a reason, they just resigned Dinwiddie to a contract extension for a reason... hes the better player. If anything hes the one with the higher upside, not the other way around. I would like for him to be the starting PG and see what he can do. We've already seen what Russell can do, and quite honestly it's nothing spectacular.

Dinwiddie is this for the rest of his life, maybe a nice role player off the bench 
Russell is just 21, he's got upside, maybe he doesn't develop at all but it's Nets interest to see what he can become
Dinwiddie maybe right now is a little bit better, but as I said Brooklyn doesn't need to win this season

• Haha 1

this is another thing i was spot on about and people had the nerve to laugh...

dinwiddie is a better player than russell. period. if you actually took the time to watch the nets play instead of watching box scores, u woulda seen this long ago. 

theres a reason the coaching staff trusts dinwiddie over him to close games. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Starvela said:

Not sure how your starter and leading the scorer on the team doesn't play a single minute in either OT!! I see players go 3-15 and still playing all the time..7-18 isn't really a horrible night no to warrant a complete shut down end of the game and both OTs...

the game is not all about numbers .. coaching staff made the right call

41 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Dinwiddie is this for the rest of his life, maybe a nice role player off the bench 
Russell is just 21, he's got upside, maybe he doesn't develop at all but it's Nets interest to see what he can become
Dinwiddie maybe right now is a little bit better, but as I said Brooklyn doesn't need to win this season

Dinwiddie is just 25 years old as well and is averaging 18/5 in 28 min per so calling him just a role player like that's his ceiling is silly. Clearly, the Nets view him as there starting pg of the future since they just signed him to an extension and are going to let D Lo walk. Also, Spencer is shooting 47 percent this season, I am not sure Russel has had a 5 game stretch during his career where he shot 47 from the field. Why is Dinwiddie just a little better right now and not a lot better atp?? What does Russel actually do better than him because I can't think of anything? And to top it off one guy looks like they are going through the motions all the time and the other actually gives a damn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like some need to invest in League Pass and watch some games... and or learn how to understand the game. Anyone with a decent understanding of it can see Dinwiddie is much better than this dude. Sure, Russell is still young but his game hasn't developed at all. Like was mentioned there was a reason he was traded. He got a fresh start but his game has stayed stagnant. Meanwhile Dinwiddie has seized his opportunity and then you have someone like Levert who has done the same..just to name a couple. So, other players are thriving and elevating their game here while Russell isn't. He's the reason...not the coach or organization. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1