kmac771

D’angelo Russell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

15 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Looks like some need to invest in League Pass and watch some games... and or learn how to understand the game. Anyone with a decent understanding of it can see Dinwiddie is much better than this dude. Sure, Russell is still young but his game hasn't developed at all. Like was mentioned there was a reason he was traded. He got a fresh start but his game has stayed stagnant. Meanwhile Dinwiddie has seized his opportunity and then you have someone like Levert who has done the same..just to name a couple. So, other players are thriving and elevating their game here while Russell isn't. He's the reason...not the coach or organization. 

Russel literally looks like the same guy from LA, has not improved a lick. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Given that they sent away their first rounders from the past three years to the celtics, its amazing that the nets still ended up with the collection of young talent that they now have. Its a testament of good drafting and even better player development.

They were extra cautious with levert two years ago as he was recovering from knee surgery. They were not just developing his game, but also strengthening his body as well. Take for example that brutal-looking injury he had a month ago. He's expected back quicker than expected. The nets surely did a great job on levert's body, preparing it for the rigors and the shock of a long season.

Id say that the nets player development is the best in the league right now. Given that they had to make do with late first rounders and reclamation projects, its amazing to see the nets being able to  collect some really good talent without further mortgaging their future.

• Like 2

I am a fan of both Dinwiddie and Russell, and I have them both.  For me, it is difficult for me to say who is better right now.  It is close.  They are both talented.  Both still have room to grow.  I don't think we have seen the best from either of them.  Dinwiddie is a more consistent shooter right now and less turnover prone, but Russell has better vision/better pure passer.  That consistency makes Dinwiddie the better player now by a small margin I suppose. 

But I think for me I give the edge to Russell in upside not just because of the age difference (22 versus 25 - small but makes a difference), but the fact that if/when Russell can become more consistent with his shot, and cut out the dumb passes, he will become a better scorer and player overall than Dinwiddie.

And for people that are questioning the Nets commitment to Russell given that they signed Dinwiddie to an extension and not Russell yet: Since Russell is a restricted free agent, they are waiting to see what kind of offers Russell gets first on the open market and then will decide if they want to match it.  It does not mean they are not going to match (unless it is a max deal which seems unlikely) or that they are not committed to him.  It is a wait and see approach.  Similar to what the Jazz did back with Hayward the first time he was a free agent and the Hornets signed him to an offer sheet (which the Jazz matched).  

Imo I think they like all three of their young studs (LeVert, Dinwiddie, and Russell) and think of them as cornerstones of the franchise moving forward or at the very least trade chips (Russell and Dinwiddie) for a superstar if needed.  Throwing LeVert into this conversation, he is the best of the three for right now and the future.  He has the most upside I feel.

Man, i bet the guys in here posting trash that dinwiddie is better than dlo must feel pretty bad right now. I swear a lot of you must be watching a different game. 

6 triples 28/4/5/1 w/ 2 mins. left :D

HalleD'Lojah

Edited by MysticPeak

On 1/2/2019 at 9:23 PM, richg24 said:

Man, i bet the guys in here posting trash that dinwiddie is better than dlo must feel pretty bad right now. I swear a lot of you must be watching a different game. 

I think they go back and forth. Dinwiddie is better with teammates but D Lo is a better scorer, especially when hot. 

I'm trying to sell high as the sky right now .

Nobody is biting though. Can't help but feel once he comes back (Caris) it'll go back to what it was before 

Edited by ejaggit

Those "dlo hasnt improved since the lakers" and "dinwiddie is a better player" guys are really quiet lately. Dlo is breaking out and after tonight is ranked top 40. Not bad for 8th round adp who hasn't improved since he was a rookie. Also only plays 30 mpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

I'm trying to sell high as the sky right now .

Nobody is biting though. Can't help but feel once he comes back (Caris) it'll go back to what it was before 

I think D Lo will still be good. I’d sell high if possibe but i think he’s a guy your better off keeping. 

1 hour ago, richg24 said:

Those "dlo hasnt improved since the lakers" and "dinwiddie is a better player" guys are really quiet lately. Dlo is breaking out and after tonight is ranked top 40. Not bad for 8th round adp who hasn't improved since he was a rookie. Also only plays 30 mpg

This happens all the time.  Or vice versa, people who are homers for a guy will go crazy when he has a great game ("historic!") but say nothing he sucks for two weeks.

Brooklyn fan here.

historically, guards with below average athleticism and less flash tend to become underrated/overlooked. not the first time you have seen this kind of s--- going on.

the reality is, D'lo is now 22 yo, and is already eyeing for a 20PPG/4RPG/7APG season along with 1 steals per game.

somebody said he isn't improving for the last few years. Well, look at his defensive metrics, it won't blow you away but you'll be a tad confused if you thought his defense was 'bad.'

somebody says he isn't even the core of a bad team. yeah, he has a 28.9% USG (18th in the league) while being given restricted minutes. watch the d--- game, he is clearly the ace and the go-to guy of Brooklyn.

watch the recent games, his passing is clearly the best aspect in his game, not his scoring. he throws skip passes, cross-court feeds, well-timed entries, and is getting better at the 2-man game. 

Brooklyn is not considering him as a future cornerstone? won't even answer that question, next please.

I'm far from a passenger of the D'lo train since he has came to Brooklyn. I'm more of an RHJ/LeVert guy.

But the amount of disrespect D'lo receives from the fans and skeptics are really beyond me.

tbh, I'm rather glad about it, at least for fantasy purposes. I was able to grab this kid in the 6/7th round in almost 3-4 leagues,

and if everyone keeps on bashing on this kid on a regular basis even when he is playing as a key part of the team that is 12-3 in the last 15 games,

thankfully, I'll be able to easily take D'lo in the 70-80's for a discounted price, and will be provided with top 40-50 or better stats every year.

well, I guess I might just shut it now so the bashers come and decrease his draft value for next year. 

Edited by jhsong916
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, richg24 said:

he's been on a tear these past couple weeks....dont jinx him bruh. i've seen this story before and he could very easily go for 3 points and 2 assists on 1-10 shooting in his next game. not saying he will, but his issue has always been consistency. 

11 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

Brooklyn fan here.

historically, guards with below average athleticism and less flash tend to become underrated/overlooked. not the first time you have seen this kind of s--- going on.

the reality is, D'lo is now 22 yo, and is already eyeing for a 20PPG/4RPG/7APG season along with 1 steals per game.

somebody said he isn't improving for the last few years. Well, look at his defensive metrics, it won't blow you away but you'll be a tad confused if you thought his defense was 'bad.'

somebody says he isn't even the core of a bad team. yeah, he has a 28.9% USG (18th in the league) while being given restricted minutes. watch the d--- game, he is clearly the ace and the go-to guy of Brooklyn.

watch the recent games, his passing is clearly the best aspect in his game, not his scoring. he throws skip passes, cross-court feeds, well-timed entries, and is getting better at the 2-man game. 

Brooklyn is not considering him as a future cornerstone? won't even answer that question, next please.

I'm far from a passenger of the D'lo train since he has came to Brooklyn. I'm more of an RHJ/LeVert guy.

But the amount of disrespect D'lo receives from the fans and skeptics are really beyond me.

tbh, I'm rather glad about it, at least for fantasy purposes. I was able to grab this kid in the 6/7th round in almost 3-4 leagues,

and if everyone keeps on bashing on this kid on a regular basis even when he is playing as a key part of the team that is 12-3 in the last 15 games,

thankfully, I'll be able to easily take D'lo in the 70-80's for a discounted price, and will be provided with top 40-50 or better stats every year.

well, I guess I might just shut it now so the bashers come and decrease his draft value for next year. 

Facts. I think those dudes bashing dlo have all been "watching the games" with the bird box blindfold challenge going on lmao

23 hours ago, richg24 said:

Still think dinwiddie is the better player but d'lo's 6 threes yesterday won me my matchup so long may he reign.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 9:58 PM, COBBLEPOT said:

he's been on a tear these past couple weeks....dont jinx him bruh. i've seen this story before and he could very easily go for 3 points and 2 assists on 1-10 shooting in his next game. not saying he will, but his issue has always been consistency. 

nice.

What do we think happens with this guy once LeVert comes back?

I was originally going to sell but he seems to have hit his stride lately and I feel it's pretty likely LeVert is on a minutes restriction for a little while at least.

2 hours ago, largeshot said:

What do we think happens with this guy once LeVert comes back?

I was originally going to sell but he seems to have hit his stride lately and I feel it's pretty likely LeVert is on a minutes restriction for a little while at least.

Dlo has definitely improved his shot selection (less jacking up 3s and more close pull up jumpers) and its helped both his scoring and %. I believe it'll continue but traded him and Marc Gasol for KAT

On 12/27/2018 at 4:11 PM, HK-47 said:

Looks like some need to invest in League Pass and watch some games... and or learn how to understand the game. Anyone with a decent understanding of it can see Dinwiddie is much better than this dude. Sure, Russell is still young but his game hasn't developed at all. Like was mentioned there was a reason he was traded. He got a fresh start but his game has stayed stagnant. Meanwhile Dinwiddie has seized his opportunity and then you have someone like Levert who has done the same..just to name a couple. So, other players are thriving and elevating their game here while Russell isn't. He's the reason...not the coach or organization. 

This looks pretty funny now, doesn't it? Dlo just put the team on his back again tonight and won them the game. Dinwiddie 8 pts nothing else. How is league pass treating you bruh?

Edited by richg24

12 minutes ago, richg24 said:

This looks pretty funny now, doesn't it? Dlo just put the team on his back again tonight and won them the game. Dinwiddie 8 pts nothing else. 

Yeah dude so I was wrong and Dlo is proving me wrong...it happens. I can own it. No one is going to be right all time. You of all people should know this after that Jaylen Brown thread last year....

Edited by HK-47

3 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Yeah dude so I was wrong and Dlo is proving me wrong...it happens. I can own it. No one is going to be right all time. You of all people should know this after that Jaylen Brown thread last year...

Ya, you're right. But I mean Jaylen Brown is a weird player, he shows so much potential at times. Even if you look at his game log right now, in his last 10 games he has scored more than 20 in 4 of them, and 30 in one. then he duds in between them. can't understand him, maybe he will flourish in a few years on another team. 

Back to Dlo, I am looking hardd to ship him right now even though he has been great. Nets have a disgusting 4-2-3 schedule. for those with bye weeks a 2-3 schedule is not very good. I am trying to trade him for Fox. Sacramento has a 4-4-4 schedule. 

3 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Ya, you're right. But I mean Jaylen Brown is a weird player, he shows so much potential at times. Even if you look at his game log right now, in his last 10 games he has scored more than 20 in 4 of them, and 30 in one. then he duds in between them. can't understand him, maybe he will flourish in a few years on another team. 

Back to Dlo, I am looking hardd to ship him right now even though he has been great. Nets have a disgusting 4-2-3 schedule. for those with bye weeks a 2-3 schedule is not very good. I am trying to trade him for Fox. Sacramento has a 4-4-4 schedule. 

I mean he is still young but his game really isn't fantasy friendly and he has alot more duds than decent games. Has alot to work on to be a solid fantasy contributor. Even at his peak is he ever more than top 75? Doubt it. 

Yeah I would prob go Fox if you can do that.