kmac771

D’angelo Russell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

10 hours ago, richg24 said:

Remember all the guys talking trash in here that Russell isnt a good player and hasn't improved since his rookie year. Where they at now? :ph34r:

There's always a group that shows up when he's bad and then disappears when he's good.  You can set your watch to it.  Maybe they won't post, but they'll like a post saying he sucks or something like that.  It's pretty funny, actually.  The guy has a strong group of detractors for being such a meh, vanilla fantasy and real life player.  It's like having strong opinions about like Nic Batum or Aaron Gordon.  Weird, but they're out there.

12 hours ago, richg24 said:

Remember all the guys talking trash in here that Russell isnt a good player and hasn't improved since his rookie year. Where they at now? :ph34r:

is he finally improving? haven’t caught the last couple nets games 

On 10/13/2018 at 5:50 PM, Tyboogie said:

Playing in 12 leagues and I have him in 11/12 of them.  I have that much faith in him breaking out this year. He looks really smooth and comfortable out there this preseason, defense definitely improve a lot and puttting on more weight will only help him stay healthy! Don’t sleep in this guy

I’m holding strong in all my leagues and yes, the rewards are cashing in. Only injuries can hold him back from having a career year, he’s gotta be even more motivate now being the primary go to offense. And also contract year!

On 11/16/2018 at 4:44 PM, Trench Mob said:

This mobile site sucks, nvm.

Edited by miasma16

2 hours ago, hoopnking24 said:

Steals have been a nice surprise !

He's been good on steals in the past and its nice to see them return, i was expecting a bump there but he seems to be lurking more which is encouraging.

He's also under-rated in blocks and can pull some out at times

Do you have guys have a list of players you can sell D'Lo high for? Less 3s & assists but more on reb & good efficiency. Brogdon, right? Who else? Thanks.

17 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Do you have guys have a list of players you can sell D'Lo high for? Less 3s & assists but more on reb & good efficiency. Brogdon, right? Who else? Thanks.

I wouldn’t trade D’Lo for Brogdon. I’ve been preaching to sell him after a couple good games but that all changed once Levert went down. He looks like a completely different player since and he’s actually doing a good job directing the offense.

• Like 1

6-5-2 with 3 steals and 2 treys in the 1st quarter

Will probably end with 12 points shooting 20% because he never has more than 1 good quarter in a game :(

20 points, 9 rebs, 6 asts, 4sts and a block for the cherry on top.

bad %'s, it could be better but definitely a juicy line

12 minutes ago, jhsong916 said:

20 points, 9 rebs, 6 asts, 4sts and a block for the cherry on top.

bad %'s, it could be better but definitely a juicy line

Could've been worse. Glad he brought it up to at least 40%. ty ty Ser D'Lo.

On 11/18/2018 at 5:51 PM, richg24 said:

He's still quite obviously not a good player in real life, glad he's stuffing the stat sheet though now seeing as I have him in my team.

14 minutes ago, JStyles said:

He's still quite obviously not a good player in real life, glad he's stuffing the stat sheet though now seeing as I have him in my team.

You're quite obviously wrong, he's been their best player outside of Jarrett Allen. He's leading the team in points, assists, 3s, and steals. Their 3rd highest scoring player right now is Joe Harris, and yet they were 10th in offensive rating coming into tonight. He's carrying their offense.

What, his field goal percentage? Has a higher FG% than Donovan Mitchell on the same exact amount of shots per minute. That's what happens when you're your team's only offense.

16 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

You're quite obviously wrong, he's been their best player outside of Jarrett Allen. He's leading the team in points, assists, 3s, and steals. Their 3rd highest scoring player right now is Joe Harris, and yet they were 10th in offensive rating coming into tonight. He's carrying their offense.

What, his field goal percentage? Has a higher FG% than Donovan Mitchell on the same exact amount of shots per minute. That's what happens when you're your team's only offense.

Obviously as a high usage player he's racking up counting stats (inefficiently and with a negative +/-). His numbers aren't any better than what very average PGs like Ish Smith and Jarrett Jack can put up if given the same opportunity (frankly both have had better lines in recent years when given the minutes).

If the Lakers thought he was good they wouldn't have traded him for a a one-year BroLo rental who then proceeded to barely play until March; the Nets quite clearly see Allen and LeVert (also better than D'Lo) as the future of the franchise, hence why they were happy to lock D'Lo into a timeshare with Dinwiddie.

It's nice that you like him so much but neither the numbers nor the way both his NBA teams have treated him suggest he's more than a role player on a team with low-usage wings (Dudley, RHJ, Carroll, Harris, to a lesser extent Crabbe) which allow him to dominate usage.

1 minute ago, JStyles said:

Obviously as a high usage player he's racking up counting stats (inefficiently and with a negative +/-). His numbers aren't any better than what very average PGs like Ish Smith and Jarrett Jack can put up if given the same opportunity (frankly both have had better lines in recent years when given the minutes).

His numbers are significantly better than those of Ish Smith and Jarrett Jack, what in the world are you talking about?

Russell per36: 22 & 7

Ish: 14 & 5

Jack: 11 & 8

And before you try to make some bizarre semantical argument, neither of those players has scored as much per36 in their best season than Russell has in his lowest-scoring season. I would call your argument terrible, but it doesn't even make any sense in the first place.

2 minutes ago, JStyles said:

If the Lakers thought he was good they wouldn't have traded him for a a one-year BroLo rental who then proceeded to barely play until March

The Lakers traded Russell so that they could clear cap space to sign a superstar. Yes, you're correct, D'Angelo Russell isn't as good as LeBron James.

2 minutes ago, JStyles said:

It's nice that you like him so much but neither the numbers nor the way both his NBA teams have treated him suggest he's more than a role player on a team with low-usage wings (Dudley, RHJ, Carroll, Harris, to a lesser extent Crabbe) which allow him to dominate usage.

Role player? Is that what you call a player that leads his team in points, assists, 3s and steals?

Just stop.

• Thanks 1

Bunch of party poopers here. If you want to sell high, good for you.. do it, but let the rest of us enjoy the success he's been having.  I personally am not surprised, this is the kind of production I was expecting when I drafted him 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

His numbers are significantly better than those of Ish Smith and Jarrett Jack, what in the world are you talking about?

Russell per36: 22 & 7

Ish: 14 & 5

Jack: 11 & 8

And before you try to make some bizarre semantical argument, neither of those players has scored as much per36 in their best season than Russell has in his lowest-scoring season. I would call your argument terrible, but it doesn't even make any sense in the first place.

The Lakers traded Russell so that they could clear cap space to sign a superstar. Yes, you're correct, D'Angelo Russell isn't as good as LeBron James.

Role player? Is that what you call a player that leads his team in points, assists, 3s and steals?

Just stop.

Damn why are you so titled about this? Very average PGs including Ish in Philly and Jack in Brooklyn in recent years have put up comparable numbers when given opportunity. You can also add Dunn from last year to that list (another PG I own who is bad in real life but good for fantasy).

Lonzo's contract this year and next is higher than D'Lo's. They also didn't mind bringing in bums like KCP on huge contracts which make D'Lo's look irrelevant by comparison, so the argument doesn't stack up i'm afraid.

He's a role player calibre player who is the 3rd best player on a team which probably won't make the playoffs, yes.

Lastly, the only stat he is leading the team in is assists...and he is the starting PG. Not sure why you keep making up that he's leading in others.

Anyway doubt other people want to see your ramblings spam up the thread so this will be my last comment on the matter - thanks!

Edited by JStyles

Just now, JStyles said:

Very average PGs including Ish in Philly and Jack in Brooklyn in recent years have put up comparable numbers

They haven't. Stop proliferating misinformation. You are wrong.

Why so much hate for DLo? This man is being drafted in the 8-9th round is a lot of leagues, putting up top 50 value. Only reason you are so bitter is because you either didn’t draft him or you have levert and just putting all these hatred on Russel whose playing great and rewarding us owner who drafted him in those rounds. 

• Like 1

as a Nets fan', I don't even feel like I should make an argument here because it's too dang obvious.

Let's put it this way.

D'Lo is good. not great, but good. he's a 2nd division starter, currently. and has upside (at least imo)

even his advanced metric says that he has improved, and it suggests that he is definitely an above average starter.

If you narrow the sample size to his last 5 games, he's playing like an all-star, both his surface stats and advanced stats prove it.

As I said earlier in this thread, D'Lo has many haters(although I don't know why he does).

But I see no reason to hate him at this point, he's just playing good ball, what's all the fuss about it for god's sake.

• Like 2

I drafted him and LeVert back to back in my league banking on at least one breaking out and hopefully both. First it was Levert and now his injury has allowed Dlo to breakout...question is: when LeVert returns, will Dlo keep this up or drop off again?