lolcopter

Courtland Sutton 2018 Outlook

6 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I'm keeping an eye on Sutton but no way that offense supports 3 WRs. 

Keenum should be a pretty big upgrade for QB but I agree that only certain and most likely elite offenses can support three fantasy relevant wrs. It does happen but it's alittle difficult to imagine with Denver.  The counter to that is of course that Sutton is really good, which I believe he is.  And maybe Thomas is the one that gets left behind as he's been on a fast decline anyhow.  We'll see what happens. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I'm keeping an eye on Sutton but no way that offense supports 3 WRs. 

I wasn't too high on Thomas or Sanders this year, their best days are definitely behind them. 

• Like 1

They have no relevant TE and DT is a shadow of his former self.  Sutton will be the #1 by week 6 with Sanders playing the Theilen role.

9 minutes ago, gus030 said:

They have no relevant TE and DT is a shadow of his former self.  Sutton will be the #1 by week 6 with Sanders playing the Theilen role.

Quite the hot take but I approve 

• Like 2

Yeah, I like the optimism about D Thomas failing, but I wouldn't bank on it just yet :) It'll happen eventually, I don't see it this year. We shall see. If my guys in Yahoo suck Sunday early games, I may grab sutton before the 4 PM game.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, gus030 said:

That's a bold prediction given the recent track record of rookie wide receivers.

• Thanks 1

I heard a guy on fantasy radio on Sirius say Sutton is their most talented WR. I'm a Sanders guy but he's caught my curiosity.

4 hours ago, gus030 said:

This guy is gonna be the #1 waiver wire pick up next week bank it

I agree, barring a major league RB injury.

I am starting him as my WR3 week #1 over Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, Will Fuller, & Sterling Shepard.

I really like his chances of becoming a stud in the future, but not this season. He will have some good weeks though. I still think DT and Sanders dominate this season barring injury.

36 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

Courtland Sutton 2018 = Kenny Golladay 2017

Courtland Sutton 2019 = Alshon Jeffrey 2013

Lol you could be right we will see, I have high hopes for him as a broncos fan

18 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Sanders raving about Keenum and Sutton.

As a Broncos fan getting Sutton was a relief.  I was saying going into the draft we needed a WR, and it should be a priority.  Others were saying no, D. Thomas and Sanders was enough.  I saw guys last year that were starting to breakdown, we needed young blood.  Sutton looks like part of the future. 

I don’t know if Keenum is a franchise QB, but he’s starter quality.  The Broncos are finally trending in the right direction.

1 hour ago, milesberg said:

I agree, barring a major league RB injury.

I am starting him as my WR3 week #1 over Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, Will Fuller, & Sterling Shepard.

I am rolling Sutton out there tomorrow, too.  Seattle's secondary is in shambles already, and we have not even started the games of week 1.

4 hours ago, austin316 said:

I heard a guy on fantasy radio on Sirius say Sutton is their most talented WR. I'm a Sanders guy but he's caught my curiosity.

He looks very similar to Alshon

With all the waiver wire fodder this week, this is the guy to take notice of.  If you are looking for OBJ breakout potential, this guy has it and it may not require an injury from the other WRs.  Guy had a great game and he is free at the moment.  While everyone is spending 15% of their FAAB for guys that are going to be hit, misses, or handcuffs.....this is a guy that arguably has the best standalone value of anybody on the waiver wire.  I'm buying in all leagues. 

19 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

With all the waiver wire fodder this week, this is the guy to take notice of.  If you are looking for OBJ breakout potential, this guy has it and it may not require an injury from the other WRs.  Guy had a great game and he is free at the moment.  While everyone is spending 15% of their FAAB for guys that are going to be hit, misses, or handcuffs.....this is a guy that arguably has the best standalone value of anybody on the waiver wire.  I'm buying in all leagues. 

OBJ breakout potential with two other capable WRs ahead of him? Not trying to be a jerk but isn’t this overstating his impact barring an injury?

36 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

2 catches for 45 yards on 5 targets is a great game? What am I missing?

15 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

OBJ breakout potential with two other capable WRs ahead of him? Not trying to be a jerk but isn’t this overstating his impact barring an injury?

Perhaps. 

12 minutes ago, owenmills said:

2 catches for 45 yards on 5 targets is a great game? What am I missing?

First game as a NFL receiver.  He has two very capable receivers in front of him and he gets 5 targets. I would call that a great start for a rookie wideout.  Any other rookie wideouts even compare to this stat line?  Nope. 

2 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

First game as a NFL receiver.  He has two very capable receivers in front of him and he gets 5 targets. I would call that a great start for a rookie wideout.  Any other rookie wideouts even compare to this stat line?  Nope. 

Yeah he's good, some thought he was the best WR in the draft class. Everyone expected him to step in and play as the WR3 on that team. But that's the thing, he's the WR3. Sanders had 11 targets, Thomas had 10, and Sutton 5. I expect it to stay that way pretty much the whole year barring injury to someone. He'll catch some TDs and have a good game occasionally but I'm not starting him unless Sanders or Thomas gets hurt. And I say this as a Sutton dynasty owner who WANTS him to flourish. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Dante Pettis had 5 targets, 2 catches for 61 yards and a TD.

• Haha 2