lolcopter

Courtland Sutton 2018 Outlook

37 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Likely starting him at flex in a good match-up vs 49ers.  Someone mentioned an injury? But no mention of it that I can find. No designation either.

hmm..

I heard the same thing. Luckily, we should get an practice report today to clear things up.

As Sutton/sanders owner I am little conflicted on the Sanders news, but for those of us that have Sutton this is really good news. 

Emmanuel Sanders is being helped off the practice field. Not putting any weight on his left leg. Not good.

Lots of people saying this may be bad for Sutton since defenses will focus more on him... picked him up anyways

Just now, Proto24 said:

Lots of people saying this may be bad for Sutton since defenses will focus more on him... picked him up anyways

Extra attention from the 49ers secondary doesnt scare me too much. He'll still see an uptick in targets if Sanders is out. I think hes a solid flex play this week now

2 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

If Sutton was putting up 8-100-1 every week, maybe it could hurt his production, but this is a guy getting 2-3 catches a week. Unless Keenum throws for 40 yards on Sunday, someone will have to get the targets/receptions. Sutton is now the #1 option. 

This injury significantly raises his floor and ceiling. It doesn't guarantee a big week, but it is definitely good news for his owners. 

At this point of his career all he can do is win jump balls and the only way Keenam knows how to get him the ball is to throw them. So now he’ll get 12 50/50 balls instead of 7

Edited by Wytchclt55

This just means Sutton will probably get locked up by Sherman. The slot WR's are the ones who benefit the most vs SF

Just now, affliction said:

This just means Sutton will probably get locked up by Sherman. The slot WR's are the ones who benefit the most vs SF

Is Sherman still good?

If Sanders is out then Sutton should be a lock for 7-8 targets, Keenum will likely throw the ball a minimum of 20 times and there is nobody else to throw to now.

Just now, jtbgator said:

Is Sherman still good?

this is a good question

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Is Sherman still good?

I don't think he shadows. Last I read he usually plays the left side with Jimmie Ward on the right. 

5 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

I don't think he shadows. Last I read he usually plays the left side with Jimmie Ward on the right. 

Most of what I've seen has been sutton on the offenses right (defenses left) so if you think sherman is still good (i don't) then yeah, they'll see a lot of each other.  I don't think sanders really changes that though.  It changes how much they make Sutton the first read.

Edited by Wytchclt55
  • Like 1

Does this help Sutton more, or does it give Hamilton decent value. Probably have to see at least a game to find out. But I think Hamilton is worth an add. 

5 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Is Sherman still good?

I saw a sat from PFF that said QB's are not targeting him much at all. I'll try to find it but maybe Sutton will avoid some of the game though

6 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Whos the WR2 for denver?

DeSean Hamilton

2 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

lol so a rookie wr with a 4th tier qb is now a wr1? interesting take. only on rotoworld.

#wut

nobody has said this homie

"might flex him" has been the extent of the hype that ive seen at least

3 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

lol so a rookie wr with a 4th tier qb is now a wr1? interesting take. only on rotoworld.

there isn't a single WR1 post on the last 4 pages - sorry about Sanders man

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, championship or bust said:

Well, Keenum averages about 30 passes and  250 yards passing a game. Someone will be the beneficiary of those passes/yards. 

Because Keenum isn't that great, teams will likely stack the box and try to stop Lindsay which should give Sutton some room to get open. 

I see 5-75 as a floor for Sutton this week. That was generally his ceiling this season. Doesn't turn him into a WR1, but he is definitely a solid WR2 this week.