Spyplane

Mikal Bridges 2018-19 Season Outlook

We're roughly about a month in to the season. You cant expect much now. Come late december things may be different. Come trade deadline we'll be laughin to the bank. Cant expect anything till its time for them to unleash him. Patience is key. If your team cant afford the wait feel free to move o, just know another savvyy GM will be all over him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stefan said:

I didn't said that... please pull yourself together, man.

Your telling him to pull himself together when you are the one with post after post crying when a rookie has a bad game in like the 6th NBA start of his career.

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers
Removed vituperation.

Adjustment to SG might take some time. Minutes should not be the problem for him. Ariza is not their long term option.

If you are impatient feel free to drop him. I've got a roster spot in a ROTO league and see him as a stash with the highest upside at G/F spot (he can put up a line like the good Danny Green). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

Your telling him to pull himself together when you are the one with post after post crying when a rookie has a bad game in like the 6th NBA start of his career. Do everyone a favor and just drop him and move on from this thread. 

At least I'm not making stuff up... Mikal ain't your typical 1 and done rookie... he has 3 year of college experience... it's totally fine for him to struggle... what's not so fine is him sitting in the corner and just doing nothing... (which is all he did last night)... :( 

Edited by Stefan

I don't get what's going on..

BBM is telling me if I slot him in this week he could help me win 4 cats against my opponent (very small deficits)... I look at his statline and he's barely roster-able... What does BBM and the people see in him? 

13 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

I don't get what's going on..

BBM is telling me if I slot him in this week he could help me win 4 cats against my opponent (very small deficits)... I look at his statline and he's barely roster-able... What does BBM and the people see in him? 

Josh Lloyd is very high on the kid but I feel their projections more accurately reflect his ros potential rather than the present. He probably won’t help you much right now and likely won’t put up consistent numbers until the second half of the season or later. 

49 minutes ago, Stefan said:

At least I'm not making stuff up... Mikal ain't your typical 1 and done rookie... he has 3 year of college experience... it's totally fine for him to struggle... what's not so fine is him sitting in the corner and just doing nothing... (which is all he did last night)... :( 

Again, no one is arguing that he’s a high usage player. He seems similar to Covington in that his value will lie in his defensive contributions and his ability to contribute some threes. If you’ve ever watched Lord Covington play you know he is prone to offensive duds and inconsistent scoring because he usually only stands in the corner on the offensive end chucking 5-10 3s a game with erratic shooting. TBH  if “standing in a corner” is going to bug you then you should drop Mikal because he likely is not going to be a high usage guy this year and his scoring will likely be highly inconsistent.

4 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Again, no one is arguing that he’s a high usage player. He seems similar to Covington in that his value will lie in his defensive contributions and his ability to contribute some threes. If you’ve ever watched Lord Covington play you know he is prone to offensive duds and inconsistent scoring because he usually only stands in the corner on the offensive end chucking 5-10 3s a game with erratic shooting. TBH  if “standing in a corner” is going to bug you then you should drop Mikal because he likely is not going to be a high usage guy this year and his scoring will likely be highly inconsistent.

Yeah for example, our Lord Covington went 1/18 on Sat but on the plus side, his stocks are delicious!  Ooph.   Hopefully Bridges starts to get more comfortable.  Personally, I'll give it a few more games.  

15 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

3rd str8 year owning Covi... :) and if Mikal just continuous to stand in the corner and doesn't get involved more... and doesn't start to constantly shoot 8-10 times a game... he won't be fun to own... like at all...

EDIT: 2nd part of the season might be a different story... if PHX trade Ariza... but until... you're probably better of streaming... or owning someone like PJ Tucker, or Ennis the 3rd... 

EDIT 2: I'll hold ofc... for like a week... because of 4games... 

Edited by Stefan

12 minutes ago, Stefan said:

3rd str8 year owning Covi... :) and if Mikal just continuous to stand in the corner and doesn't get involved more... and doesn't start to constantly shoot 8-10 times a game... he won't be fun to own... like at all...

EDIT: 2nd part of the season might be a different story... if PHX trade Ariza... but until... you're probably better of streaming... or owning someone like PJ Tucker, or Ennis the 3rd... 

EDIT 2: I'll hold ofc... for like a week... because of 4games... 

So if you own Roco you know there was like a 30 game stretch last year where he put up lines similar to or worse than what Mikal put up last night. So not sure why you have such a short fuse with a guy after one game or one week. 

Just now, Purple Hippo said:

So if you own Roco you know there was like a 30 game stretch last year where he put up lines similar to or worse than what Mikal put up last night. So not sure why you have such a short fuse with a guy after one game or one week. 

Covi will always give u stocks and a few rebounds... to matter what...  I'm not sure MIkal can do that constantly...

Bottom line... I think it won't be a fun ride... might be wrong... but we'll see...

And I own Mich Robinson also... sooo IDK... it could get tough for me :D 

• Like 1

Instead of focusing on the stats - I'll be watching for areas of improvement game to game.

1) He needs to finish at the rim better. Both on fast breaks and cutting / slashing to the rim. Notice several times he could've dunked the ball but instead missed a bunny. Need these easy buckets to keep the fg% up!

2) He still getting comfortable learning to guard other team's top guards without fouling. This might explain why he doesn't reach as much going for steals lately.

3) He needs to be more aggressive offensively. When the defense closes out on his 3point shot he has a tendency to kick it back out to the guards at the top of the key. Instead he needs more pump fakes and driving to the rim.

Minutes are meaningless if he doesn't improve on these things game to game.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

Instead of focusing on the stats - I'll be watching for areas of improvement game to game.

1) He needs to finish at the rim better. Both on fast breaks and cutting / slashing to the rim. Notice several times he could've dunked the ball but instead missed a bunny. Need these easy buckets to keep the fg% up!

2) He still getting comfortable learning to guard other team's top guards without fouling. This might explain why he doesn't reach as much going for steals lately.

3) He needs to be more aggressive offensively. When the defense closes out on his 3point shot he has a tendency to kick it back out to the guards at the top of the key. Instead he needs more pump fakes and driving to the rim.

Spot on

Sixers are looking to trade Fultz.  Ariza just happens to be the perfect fit for their championship aspirations and the Suns just happen to need a PG.

We need to all collectively hope this comes true with Ariza gone Bridges will be asked to step up offensively to fill the void.

Another positive is Fultz loves to pass (or is too scared to shoot) either way it benefits our boy Bridges as he'll see a lot more shot attempts.

Dec 15th folks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

Sixers are looking to trade Fultz.  Ariza just happens to be the perfect fit for their championship aspirations and the Suns just happen to need a PG.

We need to all collectively hope this comes true with Ariza gone Bridges will be asked to step up offensively to fill the void.

Another positive is Fultz loves to pass (or is too scared to shoot) either way it benefits our boy Bridges as he'll see a lot more shot attempts.

Dec 15th folks. 

What happens Dec 15th? sorry

• Like 1

Just now, Brandayz said:

What happens Dec 15th? sorry

Guys that got moved in the offseason become available to be traded (Ariza being said guy in this scenario)

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Guys that got moved in the offseason become available to be traded (Ariza being said guy in this scenario)

Oh didn't know about that deadline actually. Thanks!

• Like 1

I'm holding onto this guy tight as if I drafted him in the middle rounds.

Upside/opportunity is too good to drop. I'd buy low if you don't have any shares.

19 hours ago, bruceleroy7 said:

Man I'm also watching him progress, but nobody liked my post, I just wasn't detalied as your is, I need this for my self-esteem and self worth.

Ah, forget you guys then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

I'm holding onto this guy tight as if I drafted him in the middle rounds.

Upside/opportunity is too good to drop. I'd buy low if you don't have any shares.

If someone owns Mikal they are stashing for the upside. In my experience, it is very difficult to deal for a player like Mikal at this stage of the season. You probably aren't going to trade a top 100 player for him and the current owner probably isn't going to accept a trade offering him the worst or second worst player from your roster. Obviously, you have to try if you want him, but it is a challenge because most people holding shares are in the upside/patience boat and those are tough players to pry away. My advice to those looking to trade for him is to mix him into a multi player trade. 

• Like 2