J.T. Marlin

David Njoku 2018 Outlook

Man, I don't know what to think. He's ranked 5th in Targets for TEs this year, but he's doing absolutely nothing with those targets. Thinking about at least picking up a 2nd TE and benching Njoku. Feel like I can't drop him yet. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Man, I don't know what to think. He's ranked 5th in Targets for TEs this year, but he's doing absolutely nothing with those targets. Thinking about at least picking up a 2nd TE and benching Njoku. Feel like I can't drop him yet. 

I'm with you. There's Hooper, Ebron, ASJ, Dissly on my wire but none of them get nearly the same targets. ASJ has a td and another one called back but with 5 bench spots (also have Baldwin and McCoy), but I can't afford to add occupy the bench with another TE

Hold for me. Opportunity there just needs to clean up drops.  Missed couple big plays.  Week 1 Tyrod underthrew what I think would’ve been game winning long TD. No Gordon now and 2nd in targets on team.  Tyrod not putting him in situations where he can use his run after catch athleticism.  Switching to Mayfield would likely help.

I'm riding it out regardless of the results so far. 7 targets a game you just can't find from any TE on the wire and that usage should translate to points more often than not, and even more so now with Gordon gone.  I'm definitely considering rostering a 2nd TE in the meantime, but at the expense of a roster spot hurts.  The best option in my league is OJ Howard, and I think he may be a decent-ish platoon with Njoku especially while Fitzmagic is throwing fire.  But i'm not dropping Njoku for the likes of Dissly/James/ASJ at this point just yet.

• Like 1

Would have liked to trade for him but he’s in the Thursday game so missed opportunity on a buy low. With Gordon gone I think he will be productive with either Tyrod or Mayfield in there. 

22 minutes ago, TrillaTrilla said:

Ndroppu for Jesse "the Outlaw" James

I think you're going to regret that move. I wouldn't trust the game that James had.

59 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I think you're going to regret that move. I wouldn't trust the game that James had.

he seems pretty involved in the offense. I know he's not going to do that every week

Im just gonna grit my teeth and start him again. The target #s are intriguing. No way am I gonna waste TWO roster spots on crappy TEs

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TrillaTrilla said:

he seems pretty involved in the offense. I know he's not going to do that every week

I don't know that he'll be much more involved than he's been in the last two years. There are still a lot of elite mouths to feed when Bell returns (if he does), which is not the case in Cleveland. 

I root for the guy. He went to HS in the township next to mine when I lived in Pittsburgh, and I got to watch him play ball. Then he got to go back home and play for the Steelers when they drafted him, so it's a great story. I just don't see him being a big factor, and I think the upside with Njoku is greater. 

If landry sits, he is going to exceed 10 targets. Wish i could convince myself to grab him and drop cook.

Jarvis Landry (knee) is questionable for Week 3 against the Jets.

Landry was limited all week on a short week ahead of Thursday night's tilt. It's mildly concerning, but we'd expect Landry to be out there against Gang Green. It's contagious! If Landry were to sit, the Browns would be left with a rag-tag group of Antonio Callaway, Rashard Higgins, and then Duke Johnson.
Edited by Zekepeak86

Landry will play, I'd bet. I think Njoku will still post plenty solid numbers this week...but will really take off when they make the QB switch

Edited by ST. STEVEN

On 9/18/2018 at 11:38 PM, pushaZ said:

You guys should keep Njoku

You'll regret the drop

Think I'm about to add.  He's run in 79% of their total passing routes and I think 7 targets in each of the 1st 2 games.  With Gordon out, I think he's their best RZ option 

• Like 1

Haven't dropped him yet.. He plays tonight! I'll be starting him. 

He either booms and stays on my roster

or

busts and I'll bench him and probably drop if he keeps underperforming

• Like 2

I have gone through so many scenarios the past two days on what to do with Njoku.

1.  Start him again.

2.  Drop him for a waiver TE.

3.  Bench him tonight and see how he does:  Performs well - keep on my team and pick up a TE streamer.  Craps the bed again - drop for a TE streamer.

I have gone through each of these scenarios 1000 times and I'm left frustrated and confused as ever.  My brain hurts.  ALL BECAUSE OF A TE WHICH ARE ALL POO POO unless you have the usual top 3.  Why do I do this to myself?

Edited by JediMasters
  • Haha 2

Looks like Hyde and Landry are the main RZ targets. Mayfield can develop some chemistry with Njoku as the season goes on..but as for now I see just another TE mystery.

Lol such a sad game. Gets 2 catches as soon as baker comes in at the end of the half for 35 yards and then doesn't even get a target the entire second half.  

Edited by Ericc5

8 minutes ago, Ericc5 said:

Lol such a sad game. Gets 2 catches as soon as baker comes in at the end of the half for 35 yards and then doesn't even get a target the entire second half.  

Good things are coming next week

Edited by HiFantasy
  • Thanks 1