Sign in to follow this  
ndnchapathi69

Deciding this years keepers... WHIR

Hey I'm in a 12 team ppr (reigning champion)

I have the following options at keeper with their cost:

leveon bell - 1st round

kareem hunt - 2nd round

zach ertz - 6th round

michael thomas - 9th

I feel like Michael Thomas is the obvious keep for his value, but not sure what to do with the second one. I could do kareem hunt and hope I can get leveon again in the 1st round. Or I was thinking of going riskier and keeping mike thomas and zach ertz so I dont have to think about WR/TE for a while and can focus on Rbs only rounds 1-4... Thoughts?

Sounds like you can only keep two so I'd go with Thomas and Hunt. Waiting for a RB isn't a great plan since I imagine several of the top RBs will be kept and RB s a priority of many in the early rounds. Hunt is a RB1 so 2nd round is good value and in keeping your 1st you play the lottery that you get a high 1st and can get Bell, Barkley or one of the other top guys who aren't kept (I doubt this is a very deep group of guys and you'd have to be in 1st half of 1st round at least). Ertz is good value but with 2 keepers (20 guys are gone from the get go) the talent will drop off significantly by the 2nd round and your "focus" on RB will really mean you are just reaching for RBs since you'll be desperate to get the best of whatever is left. 

Depends on where you pick in round one. If you are picking at the end, then keep Bell. You have a chance that Hunt might be there at the turnaround.  Bell for a late first rounder would be excellent value. If you are picking early in the first I might gamble that I can grab Bell again or someone similar and keep Hunt.  Thomas is for sure. 

I think I'd first look at the other teams and try to guess who they're going to keep. Then see who's left to be drafted and who you'll likely get with your 1st/2nd round picks. Jaw1 does have a point that a 1st round pick with the two keepers is not be the same as a 1st round pick in a redraft, however with the keeper costs it's unlikely the top 24 guys will be off the board. There'll probably be a few value keeps that expose a few top players. I'm thinking keep Thomas and Bell... but again it really depends on the other keepers.

If you're picking last due to being the champ, Bell is an excellent value in the 1st.  Thomas is fantastic value in the 9th as well.  Seems like a great start for your team!

Help with mine?

Bell and Thomas.

You should be picking at the end if you're the champ, but even if not, you're most likely getting Bell at a value (unless you have 1.01 or 1.02, in which case it's a push and you still get a top player).

I should have mentioned order is determined randomly after keepers are set. So I think Ill decide bell or hunt based off who others are keeping and whose available in the first. in general, Who would be a steal to get with my 1st if it's not bell, saquon?

bell and thomas.  saquon is kind of unknown with a poor oline in front of him.  You know what u get with bell.

On 8/8/2018 at 7:14 PM, ndnchapathi69 said:

I should have mentioned order is determined randomly after keepers are set. So I think Ill decide bell or hunt based off who others are keeping and whose available in the first. in general, Who would be a steal to get with my 1st if it's not bell, saquon?

My guess if that almost all of the top players will be kept. Bell, Gurley, AB, DJ, Elliott, Nuk, Kamara, OBJ, etc. So my guess is that Saquon would be the first overall non-keeper pick of the draft. Hunt will also probably go early on, AJG will probably be available, maybe Keenan Allen, Melvin Gordon, etc. Really depends on what guys might cost too much to be kept.