FouLLine

Deivi Garcia - RHP NYY

14 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

At this rate he is easily a top 20 prospect by year’s end 

Yeah the way he is making strides in AA with command/control, this could be within the probable range of outcomes!

Realistically, I don't see him getting a call this year. That said, he is just dominating and at a very young age.  I was skeptical, given his size, that he could dominate like he has.  I do now believe he has considerable fantasy upside.  It's still early to say he's Pedro-lite, but the more and more I watch him the more and more I'm impressed.  There are few SPs right now that have Garcia's upside.  For me he is a top 10 fantasy SP prospect right now.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Yanks ain’t dumb ... there arms need help and he’s the answer - Cashman Knows!! He up post ASB in pen 📫

id put money this doesnt happen

• Like 2

Loaisiga was 23-24 years old when he was called up for the first time but he threw less than 160 innings in the minors. 

Deivi is a lot younger so that’s a negative but he has already pitched 220+ innings in the minors. He just turned 20 years old yesterday. 

If I were betting I’d say he won’t be up this year but I also think there is a chance. If he continues to dominate maybe the yanks bring him up to pitch out of the pen late in the year. 

Younger players have been called up by different organizations in the past but I’m not sure the Yankees will pull the trigger. 

https://www.prospects1500.com/al-east/yankees/deivi-garcia-new-yorks-next-man-up/

There are rumblings that Loaisiga may not be the only pitcher primed for the majors in 2019. Whispers from Trenton are echoing onto the Internet, and apparently Deivi Garcia is “on the fast track” to the Bronx. An article on nj.com quotes the Trenton Thunder manager, Pat Osburn, as the source for this bold claim. Garcia goes on to further the confidence later in the article by stating that he feels like he “can get there.” His performance thus far has yet to make an argument to the contrary.

Calling for a 19-year-old to be promoted to the big leagues by the end of the season seems absurd. Although the attitude towards awarding the best talent within each organization has certainly changed over the past couple seasons with young stars like Juan SotoRonald Acuna Jr. Fernando Tatis Jr. and even Jonathan Loaisiga for the Yankees. The latter threw less than 160 innings in the minors before debuting in Pinstripes during the Summer of 2018. Deivi Garcia owns, what is undeniably, one of the top skill sets and highest upsides of anyone in the organization. Reports of his changeup developing into a plus offering are disseminating throughout the industry. This puzzle piece, along with increase fastball velocity, would close the case on future ace upside. It’s time to start taking this Yankees phenom a little bit more seriously on mid-season lists. Continued success will spark potential promotion to AAA sometime this summer, and ultimately a rotational spot in the Bronx some time sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

He's getting rocked tonight and there have also been 2HBP.  I guess he's human after all!  Ks are still looking good tonight though.

10 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

He's getting rocked tonight and there have also been 2HBP.  I guess he's human after all!  Ks are still looking good tonight though.

Yeah he really was awful. And even tho his stuff was the worst it's been all season, his still struck out 6 batters in 2.2 innings. Not to make excuses but the wind was swirling and the weather was awful. Im at my parents in New Jersey about 10 miles away from arm & hammer park and the wind was so bad all day that there were a couple tornado warnings put out (which is bizarre for NJ). I know it doesn't look good since the opposing pitcher seemed to be unaffected but a pitcher like Deivi Garcia that utilizes ridiculous spin rates on his FB and CB would possibly be more effected by the swirling wind.  but it most likely was due to him just having a bad pitching day.  He just turned 20 and is in AA. like you said, Had to show he's human at some point. 

Edited by JakeSarna
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, JakeSarna said:

Yeah he really was awful. And even tho his stuff was the worst it's been all season, his still struck out 6 batters in 2.2 innings. Not to make excuses but the wind was swirling and the weather was awful. Im at my parents in New Jersey about 10 miles away from arm & hammer park and the wind was so bad all day that there were a couple tornado warnings put out (which is bizarre for NJ). I know it doesn't look good since the opposing pitcher seemed to be unaffected but a pitcher like Deivi Garcia that utilizes ridiculous spin rates on his FB and CB would possibly be more effected by the swirling wind.  but it most likely was due to him just having a bad pitching day.  He just turned 20 and is in AA. like you said, Had to show he's human at some point. 

I live right over the bridge in philly and I agree the weather has been insane the last few days. It was pouring for a good chunk of the afternoon/evening. Garcia was supposed to take the mound at 5:30 but the game didn’t start until 7:30-8pm. 

• Like 1

It's one game. I'm more interested in his next game.

On 5/30/2019 at 1:36 PM, Under500Forever said:

Loaisiga was 23-24 years old when he was called up for the first time but he threw less than 160 innings in the minors. 

Deivi is a lot younger so that’s a negative but he has already pitched 220+ innings in the minors. He just turned 20 years old yesterday. 

If I were betting I’d say he won’t be up this year but I also think there is a chance. If he continues to dominate maybe the yanks bring him up to pitch out of the pen late in the year. 

Younger players have been called up by different organizations in the past but I’m not sure the Yankees will pull the trigger. 

https://www.prospects1500.com/al-east/yankees/deivi-garcia-new-yorks-next-man-up/

There are rumblings that Loaisiga may not be the only pitcher primed for the majors in 2019. Whispers from Trenton are echoing onto the Internet, and apparently Deivi Garcia is “on the fast track” to the Bronx. An article on nj.com quotes the Trenton Thunder manager, Pat Osburn, as the source for this bold claim. Garcia goes on to further the confidence later in the article by stating that he feels like he “can get there.” His performance thus far has yet to make an argument to the contrary.

Calling for a 19-year-old to be promoted to the big leagues by the end of the season seems absurd. Although the attitude towards awarding the best talent within each organization has certainly changed over the past couple seasons with young stars like Juan SotoRonald Acuna Jr. Fernando Tatis Jr. and even Jonathan Loaisiga for the Yankees. The latter threw less than 160 innings in the minors before debuting in Pinstripes during the Summer of 2018. Deivi Garcia owns, what is undeniably, one of the top skill sets and highest upsides of anyone in the organization. Reports of his changeup developing into a plus offering are disseminating throughout the industry. This puzzle piece, along with increase fastball velocity, would close the case on future ace upside. It’s time to start taking this Yankees phenom a little bit more seriously on mid-season lists. Continued success will spark potential promotion to AAA sometime this summer, and ultimately a rotational spot in the Bronx some time sooner rather than later.

One of these things is not like the other. Lol 

I get what you're saying, I'm just appreciating the one and hopefully only time I'll see these 4 names together. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 8:32 PM, dan said:

It's one game. I'm more interested in his next game.

Apparently the last rough game never happened, at least it is not listed on his MiLB stats/starts?

Anywho, was kinda flat yesterday but not bad: 4.1 IP 4H 0R 4BB 4K

just got his 15th strikeout. this next batter is probably going to be his last out (2 outs in the 6th as he up to 97 pitches)

finished for the night at 15 ks. He got 25 swinging strikes on 98 pitches

Edited by JakeSarna
  • Like 3

Yep, night is likely done and WHAT A NIGHT!  6IP, 1hit, 0ER, 1bb, 15Ks.  Get it kid!

• Like 2

where is brock? hes gonna be pumped lol

this guy gonna be a top 20 prospect by year end?

Edited by jfazz23

That has to be the most dominant pitching performance in the minors this year.  And for a 20 yr old in AA. And he's had 3-4 very very strong outings, so he definitely has the stuff and this wasn't a stars align fluke.  He is just looking for consistency with it. 

Every team in trade talks sending the Yanks a SP will be wanting him.  Yanks are usually pretty good at keeping the prospects they want to keep though. 

5 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

where is brock? hes gonna be pumped lol

this guy gonna be a top 20 prospect by year end?

He didn't make Pipeline's Top 100 mid-season ranking.

My dynasty league isn’t so deep that “next year earliest” types of call ups are widely owned. Wander Franco and a few others are exceptions. Is this guy a must own for even the shallowest of dynasty leagues?

57 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

My dynasty league isn’t so deep that “next year earliest” types of call ups are widely owned. Wander Franco and a few others are exceptions. Is this guy a must own for even the shallowest of dynasty leagues?

He’s right on the outside of guys like that for me. My personal major league comp is Lance McCullers, injury risk as a smaller guy but fantasy ace when healthy with great K potential. That’s a good gamble if you have room

1 hour ago, TheForearmShiver said:

50 guys owned, probably not. 100 owned definitely. 75. Close call. 

4 hours ago, Baseball Jonze said:

He didn't make Pipeline's Top 100 mid-season ranking.

That is really beyond reprehensible of them...even if you have size concerns

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baseball Jonze said:

^I'd say no.  He's a little guy and probably ends up in the bullpen. 

Image result for pedro martinez gif

• Like 1