Sign in to follow this  
Patrick Bateman

2018-19 NBA Regular Season Thread -- League news, notes, transactions, trades, etc.

Simmons and Embiid will both take a hit. Butler will try to be go to scorer and its contract year. 

Edited by bsu27
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chaiway said:

From a IRL angle, how much does this move the needle for either team? Would philly have been able to land Kawhi for that package? How much will philly offer butler or is it a one year rental?

Demar, Poetl, and a 1st is a better package than RoCo, Saric, Bayless, 2nd imo. Demar is "the guy" in SA. I don't think RoCo is that capability.

Philly got better because of this deal. The East is really a 5 team comp between BOS, TOR, PHI, MIL, and IND. None of these teams are clear runaways to win the conference. So a trade like this could potentially give Philly the push to have a successful playoff run. I'm still liking TOR and BOS better for now (though BOS does need to be much better than they have been so far), but Philly's right there. If you're a Philly fan you're happy with this deal.

1 minute ago, COBBLEPOT said:

if muscala starts, he’s a decent speculative add

when is he back? 

He is and lots of talk about Jonah Bolden who got called up and was given reserve minutes (more than Amir Johnson) last game which WAS interesting and now it makes sense.  We are going to have to keep an eye on this.

Why is everyone saying they have no 3 point shooting now?  Let's not act like Covington is some sniper out there.  He hits a lot of 3's because he takes a lot of 3's.  He's at 39% from three this year,  37% last year, 33% two years ago.  

Butler is at 38% this year, 35% last, 37% two years ago.  They're pretty much the same from downtown percentage wise.

Redick should have a ton of open looks.  He is looking like a winner in this trade too.

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Who is the SG in Minnesota now?

Can Wiggins play SG exclusively?

Could DRose potentially be the new SG?

I read on the previous page, Brogdon will benefit /s :lol:

For deep leagues, who are you taking a flier on? Muscala or Chandler?

5 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Who is the SG in Minnesota now?

Can Wiggins play SG exclusively?

Could DRose potentially be the new SG?

Covington was the 2 in Philly he defends guards primarily

Am I the only one, who thinks that the situation in Phily after 2 months wil be this:

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, misterj said:

As an Embiid owner and a Raptors fan I am not too pleased with this trade :\

So you're the one. I've heard there was such a thing but never knew they existed.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

According to Basketball Reference he barely played the 2

ZVypLBG.jpg

This is why I’m pretty confident in saying “get Josh Okogie if he’s available” and see what does with it. I can’t imagine RoCo and Wiggins playing together at the same time but as a fan of the T-Wolves, I hope they find a way to make that happen. For fantasy purposes, I’d bank on it not happening though and would take a gamble on Okogie.

4 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

This is why I’m pretty confident in saying “get Josh Okogie if he’s available” and see what does with it. I can’t imagine RoCo and Wiggins playing together at the same time but as a fan of the T-Wolves, I hope they find a way to make that happen. For fantasy purposes, I’d bank on it not happening though and would take a gamble on Okogie.

Why? RoCo does everything Wiggins doesn't.  Defend, shoot 3s, run fast, actually care about winning, etc.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

According to Basketball Reference he barely played the 2

ZVypLBG.jpg

bm lists positions in order of height, I'm on my phone but he defended guards about 3/4 of last year

1 minute ago, Kriggly said:

Why? RoCo does everything Wiggins doesn't.  Defend, shoot 3s, run fast, actually care about winning, etc.

I seriously doubt that Thibs just plugs Wiggins at the 2 and expects him to figure out coming off a thigh injury while RoCo mans the 3-spot. You said it yourself - Wiggins hasn’t become a real threat outside of the arc to justify being a starting SG or defend the 2 spot either.

I’ll gladly admit I’m wrong about my prediction for what happens with the T-Wolves next, but I just can’t see RoCo & Wiggins sharing the court at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

I seriously doubt that Thibs just plugs Wiggins at the 2 and expects him to figure out coming off a thigh injury while RoCo mans the 3-spot. You said it yourself - Wiggins hasn’t become a real threat outside of the arc to justify being a starting SG or defend the 2 spot either.

I’ll gladly admit I’m wrong about my prediction for what happens with the T-Wolves next, but I just can’t see RoCo & Wiggins sharing the court at the same time. 

Okay. So who is out of the starting 5 then?

Covington is the best defender on that team, is he out?

Edited by dekciw_1

6 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

What is the Timberwolves starting 5 now?

When healthy:

Teague

Wiggins

Covington

Saric

KAT

would be my guess.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

When healthy:

Teague

Wiggins

Covington

Saric

KAT

would be my guess.

No way Thibs to bench Taj. And don`t forget Rose. This trade is awful for Saric. The Lord will play, because he will be the new Deng for Thibs, but Dario will suffer like Bjelica.

giphy.gif

Edited by montanski
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

Okay. So who is out of the starting 5 then?

Covington is the best defender on that team, is he out?

The lineup RedDog listed is what I would really hope works out since I’m a T-Wolves fan and is what most people are probably going with. It looks like such a long team to go up against and should be a nightmare to go against defensively, but we all know how bad KAT & Wiggins defend the court. This is also a Thibs team who loves his defensive minded players so I can honestly imagine RoCo potentially getting more minutes than Wiggins & I just can’t see Okogie not getting rotation minutes unless RoCo really just ends up being a superior SG.

4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

When healthy:

Teague

Wiggins

Covington

Saric

KAT

would be my guess.

I don’t see how they would make this trade unless they were keen on playing saric heavy minutes.  Wolves clearly lacked outside shooting.  Saric should see 30+ mins a night.  Otherwise, why bother with this trade at all?