Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_Commish

Dynasty: Keep Gary Harris or Josh Richardson?

H2H 9-cat, previously redraft + keepers but we're transitioning to a dynasty format with a first-year auction. I got both Gary Harris and Josh Richardson late in drafts last season, so I can keep them for the same super-low price. In a vacuum, which guy do you want for the foreseeable future?

I'm leaning towards Harris for the consistency and expectation of opportunity. While Richardson might have a higher fantasy ceiling, I feel like the Heat are cycling their roster every like two years.

Happy to respond in kind. I'm getting antsy to dig into basketball after all this auction/league prep, and everyone else is locked in on football right now.

There's no chance of keeping both guys? I expect them to both be top 50 from here on out. If you have to pick one, I'd go with Richardson, just because I think his ceiling is higher, and he has a little less injury history.

I wouldn't mind another voice in my topic, if you've got the time:

Nope, keep two and my other is Donovan Mitchell, which is obviously a gimme. To be clear, it's only two this year because we're transitioning from the redraft to the dynasty league; after this season it'll be significantly more player carryover.

But yea, definitely a question of consistency versus ceiling. I've had Harris as a keeper for two seasons and he's rock solid but keeps improving. I suppose it's worth considering whether I'd even be debating this if Richardson hadn't started so slowly over the first two months of the season before going bonkers.

51 minutes ago, The_Commish said:

Nope, keep two and my other is Donovan Mitchell, which is obviously a gimme. To be clear, it's only two this year because we're transitioning from the redraft to the dynasty league; after this season it'll be significantly more player carryover.

But yea, definitely a question of consistency versus ceiling. I've had Harris as a keeper for two seasons and he's rock solid but keeps improving. I suppose it's worth considering whether I'd even be debating this if Richardson hadn't started so slowly over the first two months of the season before going bonkers.

I would say Gary Harris based on consistency alone. 

Like them both but you’d give the edge to GHarris here 

Damn, I was right to be split on this! Maybe the Heat will trade some players before the season starts and make this easy on me.

noice gary - consistent superb effeciency. steals monster. even on a stacked denver roster he undeniably eats. questionable health record however. 

jrich - stocks monster. arguably the best player on the heat. usage spike moving forward with iso involvement talks. questionable yoyo-like effeciency at times and more so moving forward with possible iso involvement.  

gary has the higher floor. jrich has the higher ceiling. 

id flip a coin if it were a gun to my head decision and i couldnt keep both. 

14 hours ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

gary has the higher floor. jrich has the higher ceiling. 

Thiiiiiis. Might have to make the call on the fly as the auction goes on, and see what my appetite for risk is as they're nominated. I basically get to pre-identify keepers from my old roster, and when they're brought up for auction, I can buy them at the pre-draft price dictated by our system, or bow out and let the bidding commence.

We've basically turned our first auction into psychological warfare. What could go wrong?

Man, hard decision all around though. Wasn't just me.

8 hours ago, The_Commish said:

Thiiiiiis. Might have to make the call on the fly as the auction goes on, and see what my appetite for risk is as they're nominated. I basically get to pre-identify keepers from my old roster, and when they're brought up for auction, I can buy them at the pre-draft price dictated by our system, or bow out and let the bidding commence.

We've basically turned our first auction into psychological warfare. What could go wrong?

Man, hard decision all around though. Wasn't just me.

what are the prices?

I would go with Harris personally. J-Rich is great, but I love the Harris/Jokic tandem, and like others said, his floor is much higher.

Help with mine?

I would go with JRich, just because when they both would get traded into another situation, my guess is that he would be the better player, as he doesnt rely on scoring and usage rate to be efficient. In their current situation it's still a coinflip.