wendellrott

DeVante Parker 2018 Outlook

They had to use him or caroo last night and jakeem grant is not good...even if you take away the flukey play he still had 5 for 85 yards and was wide open all night he should have had more targets....

It's baffling why this guy hasn't played more to this point. He's been a healthy scratch for weeks now. Then again, it's the Dolphins, so that tells you all you really need to know. 

I think he's not a Dolphin by the end of the week. Both sides clearly want out, and he'll have some value after his annual 100-yard game. If the Raiders can get a first for Cooper, the Dolphins can probably get a mid-to-late-round pick for him. Fantasy wise, I'd wait until you see where he goes before deciding whether to claim him or not

Obvious over reaction on my end picking him up planning on using him as a WR2 ros. 

PSA in a yahoo league he wasn’t locked as of this morning and I was free to add him right away. If you’re in a yahoo league and need help give it a look. 

• Like 1

I think we'll hope he stays a phin.... they need him... but gase really is incompetent all this did was give devante's agent more fuel...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ralphg13 said:

Obvious over reaction on my end picking him up planning on using him as a WR2 ros. 

PSA in a yahoo league he wasn’t locked as of this morning and I was free to add him right away. If you’re in a yahoo league and need help give it a look. 

Friday morning?  He’s locked, can’t add him until next weeks waivers

Hope for his sake he gets traded now.  Ridiculous to have him inactive on game days.  He's not a top-flight talent but he at least deserves to be part of a team's plan.

Benching a healthy player?  What’s the deal with this Gase guy, just another guy that thinks he’s smart?  He ran Ajayi out of town, he seems to have a love affair with Cutler.  He moves don’t really make much sense

8 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Hope for his sake he gets traded now.  Ridiculous to have him inactive on game days.  He's not a top-flight talent but he at least deserves to be part of a team's plan.

He seems pretty talented tbh I bet with the right coaches and a healthy focus on his body health he could very well be a #1 WR for a team or a damn fine complimentary #2.  Just not gonna happen with Gase and the Phins. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He looked great last night.

Yet another reason Gase should be fired.

That 4th & 1 call was the worst call I’ve seen all season

2 minutes ago, Maroney's Bolgna said:

Texans could use an explosive WR... and I'd assume they're familiar with Devante based on last night.

As a Parker owner I am hoping for this to happen. Parker and nuk together with Watson would be a great duo for the ROS.

15 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Trade him to Seattle. He’d eat in the RZ. They don’t have a single viable RZ threat.

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I thought the onside kick in the 3rd quarter down by 8. 28-20 was pretty bad as well.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Trade him to Seattle. He’d eat in the RZ. They don’t have a single viable RZ threat.

I wish trades were as simple as "Player A leaves Team A to go to Team B and is an instant stud!". 

If only it were more like baseball where the guy just needs to throw or hit the ball. Not like football where you have a ton of s--- to learn. Makes in-season trades less interesting. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The G Man said:

It's baffling why this guy hasn't played more to this point. He's been a healthy scratch for weeks now.

i don't know, if you've watched the 45 games parker has played in previous to last night, it's not so baffling.

parker was exceptional at louisville, but he's never lived up to his 1.14 draft pedigree. people keep hoping his flashes will manifest into consistency. hasn't yet.

he looked good last night---definitely, at times---but also missed opportunities: justin reid easily slapped the ball out of parker's two hands (4th quarter, 11:36), and parker got ridiculously LUCKY when jakeem grant caught a 34-yard pass, got obliterated by safety natrell jamerson, the ball richochet's off his helmet and lands in parker's hands 12 yards upfield. that 46-yard reception was only right-time-right-place and it's luck that had parker eclipsing 100 yards.

if there's ever a sell-high candidate, say hello to parker

latest?cb=20130603154626

Had a decent game, so chances he misses practice next week because of a hyper-extended taint: 100%.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

David Moore

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

they don't throw enough for any pass catcher to "eat" with any consistency 

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

You've missed some Cowboys games then lol!

No way that was worse than having 4th and 1, on the road.... in overtime at the opponents 41 yard line and punting like the Cowboys did against the Texans.

Maybe the Texans have some sort of curse going on or something.

3 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

i don't know, if you've watched the 45 games parker has played in previous to last night, it's not so baffling.

parker was exceptional at louisville, but he's never lived up to his 1.14 draft pedigree. people keep hoping his flashes will manifest into consistency. hasn't yet.

he looked good last night---definitely, at times---but also missed opportunities: justin reid easily slapped the ball out of parker's two hands (4th quarter, 11:36), and parker got ridiculously LUCKY when jakeem grant caught a 34-yard pass, got obliterated by safety natrell jamerson, the ball richochet's off his helmet and lands in parker's hands 12 yards upfield. that 46-yard reception was only right-time-right-place and it's luck that had parker eclipsing 100 yards.

if there's ever a sell-high candidate, say hello to parker

latest?cb=20130603154626

I've seen plenty of Dolphins games over the years, so I'm very familiar with Parker and his inconsistency and not living up to his draft day potential. BUT...my point was I think there's something else going on that we aren't privy to. It just doesn't add up. And, at the end of the day I think there's probably fault on both sides (that he isn't a better player to this point). I could be wrong, but we will find out when he's playing for another team sooner or later, because one thing I think we can all agree on...his days in Miami are numbered. 

• Like 1