hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Picked up Tyreke as well just to see if he'll produce with more minutes. Get well soon Dipo

The sideline reporter just announced it is a serious knee injury and an MRI scheduled for tomorrow.  They will not release more information until after the MRI.

I know we all harked on him for not living up to expectations, but I really hope for the best for Vic. One of the kinder and more entertaining guys in the league.

• Thanks 1

I know there’s always hope with us fantasy gms but there is 0% chance he’s coming back this year, and most likely will miss a massive chunk next year. 

Damn, this sucks. I had him earlier in the season, love him as a player in real life. I think the knee injury he was out with for a month really affected him and it fired back up in a big way. 

Hoping he has a quick recovery. 

• Thanks 1

His season is likely done and it's unfortunate and the fact he's been dealing with knee soreness all year likely contributed to it. As much as Victor denied it, it's pretty clear that Dipo's knee was less than 100% if you watch him play then observe his decrease production. 

Despite all of our frustrations as fantasy owners he was pretty tough to play through it and never used it as an excuse for his poor play. This is probably an example why a player should never play through injury, especially with something so delicate like the knee.

Edited by FantasyBallFan

9 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

Well if his kneecap was out of place, it's very possible it's a torn patella tendon. That's 4-6 months.

Indeed. Not good. Looking at a lengthy time off.

1 minute ago, FantasyBallFan said:

His season is likely done and it's unfortunate and the fact he's been dealing with knee soreness all year likely contributed to it. As much as Victor denied it, it's pretty clear that Dipo's knee was less than 100% if you watch him play then observe his decrease production. 

Despite all of our frustrations as fantasy owners he was pretty tough to play through it and never use it as an excuse for his poor play. This is probably an example why a player should never play through injury, especially with something so delicate like the knee.

Was it same knee he had injured early in the season?

3 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Was it same knee he had injured early in the season?

Yeah it's the same (right) knee that kept him out a handful of games before/

Man, shattered for Oladipo :( I hope he recovers quickly and doesn't lose any ability in that knee long term. Exciting player to watch.

Currently have Capela and RoCo on my IR....thinking I might have to just straight drop Oladipo to pick up Evans because if I wait for confirmation he is done for season it will be too late in my league.

Edited by DamoESP

Just now, DamoESP said:

Man, shattered for Oladipo :( I hope he recovers quickly and doesn't lose any ability in that knee long term. Exciting player to watch.

Currently have Capela and RoCo on my IR....thinking I might have to just straight drop Oladipo to pick up Evans because if I wait for confirmation he is done for season it will be too late in my league.

i don't think waiting for confirmation is necessary here... even if it wasnt the same knee as before, the best case scenario seems to be a return during IRL playoffs which is also extremely unlikely

I think his season is done.  If he somehow comes back for fantasy PO, i will bet all my life savings on number 4 at the roulette table.

If the tv commentators said is already calling it team reported serious knee injury, then it means they have idea already on what he hurt or injured. Just want to get confirmation via MRI. Usually if it's just a sprain they will say knee sprain, but will get precautionary MRI. This time, they said Serious knee injury. too bad

Ugh, he’s on can’t cut list. Does commish have to change this or will yahoo ? And when ?

Damn, another injury. Didn’t look good. I don’t have Dipo, but I never wish injuries on anyone so hope it wasn’t as serious as it looked.

Injuries suck!

I'm watching the Raptors game on our local channel up here and the Pacers officials are saying they think the injury is season ending.

Just now, crocp said:

Season ending ...

when does cant cut get updated on yahoo?? ??

When they feel like it. lol