Sign in to follow this  
hoops886

Help with my last two keeper spots please. WHIR

I'm entering my 3rd year of taking over for the worst team in this 12 team, 9 category, keep 10 league. I will be going into this season with the number 1 overall pick (I'm taking Doncic). And after some work, I think my team might be finally really close to competing. But either way, I really need help narrowing down my last 2 keepers. I know who I have in mind, but would like some advice on which 2 of these 5 players i should keep. I've included my 8 other keepers at the bottom.

Choose 2:

Jabari Parker

Dejonte Murray

OG Anunoby

Jonathen Isaac

Frank Ntilikina

My 8 other keepers:

Eric Bledsoe

Kris Middleton

Jayson Tatum

Dario Saric

Rudy Gobert

Tobias Harris

John Collins

Jarrett Allen

I would go with Parker and Murray

Anunoby is likely to play behind Leonard, unless they dont know who to play at PF in Toronto

Isaac is also most likely not starting....and if i look at the knicks point guard depth chart i dont know what to think about this..

parker will play for a bulls team that doesn't really compete. yes there are lavine, dunn, markkanen who will get a lot of touches, but someone has to grab the rebounds and they dont really have guys that can play and are young enough to develop into serious nba players.

Murray in my mind is the safest bet, as he will be a starting point guard and i think its safe to take Spurs players again, as they wont be rested too much.

Not to buy wholly into the hype, but I'd absolutely take the big swing with Jonathan Isaac, first and foremost. I think he's the only one of those guys whose ceiling is "fantasy stud". The roster of bigs is crowded though. High risk, high reward. If he lives up to the potential folks are salivating over pre-draft, he could be one of those guys who puts up quiet early-round numbers in limited minutes. 

After that, Murray or Parker, and it depends on your appetite for risk. Parker could eat in Chicago for sure, but his injury concerns are readily apparent. Murray's going to be a weird but potentially useful fantasy player, and he seems like he should have most of the PG minutes locked up in SA, though Pop does continue to love him some Patty Mills and platooning positions.

Regardless, love your young core over the next few seasons. Lots of guys with early-round potential, and a few categories you can clearly just own. I'd be waiting for a nice stretch from Bledsoe this season to try and flip him for a younger guard with less injury/trade risk, though his threes and steals last year fit nicely with what you're doing, not a lot of value tied up in his assists. Hm, I guess that flies a bit in the face of my Murray advice; don't think he's going to be canning triples and you might not be able to afford a guard like that. Think you'll be able to flip him to a team trying to compete in assists though, if you don't land another producer there and opt to punt assists long-term. It's a viable strategy with your core.

i would punt assist and take ayton instead with the keepers you have. you'd be so stacked at PF/C. Give me Jabari and Johnny Issac with that lineup any day. You could draft some decent PGs to fill the void with your last 2 picks as I'm sure everyone else will be looking at bigs. 

100% Isaac, and then probably D Murray 

(although you could probably package a few of those guys together for a better player, like Saric and Paker or Bledsoe and Parker for example)

Edited by bkw77

I would keep Isaac and Murray. Murray is ready to take the reigns in SA and gives unique stats for a PG. Isaac is going to get his opportunities this year and gives you stocks and threes from the SF/PF position.