Sign in to follow this  
lolcopter

Josh Allen 2018 Outlook

I was reading the matchups article and it mentioned that New England has allowed huge games to mobile QB's.  From the article:  " Fellow plus-mobility QBs Mitchell Trubisky (QB2), Blake Bortles (QB3), Patrick Mahomes (QB3), Marcus Mariota (QB6), and Andrew Luck (QB6) all dropped difference-making box scores on the Pats’ molasses-slow defense"

I'm leaning towards putting him in over Goff who has been terrible both on the road this year and over the past 3 weeks.  The only problem is that my league penalizes incompletions and gives points for completions so even with Goff's struggles last week he still outscored Allen by a couple of points (due to completions and high yardage passed for).  But Allen's rushing last week was crazy low compared to his other games so if he gets back to 50+ rushing yards he easily would've eclipsed Goff. 

I'm gonna need a miracle to win my championship anyway as my opponent has Mahomes, CMC, Barkley, Cooper and Woods (along with Rams D) so maybe going with Allen for the HR swing is my best bet anyway. 

• Like 1

Oof, he pretty much performed near the floor I expected from him.  Surprised he didn't rush more today.  Thankfully that garbage time TD made his day respectable.

Way way way too often people equate good real life quarterbacks to good fantasy quarterbacks. This guy has a lot of work to do accuracy and decision making wise when passing but he is a great fantasy qb to have. The rushing floor is invaluable and I think he’s shown by now it’s not a fluke.  He’s a cam newton with a bigger arm and will be more accurate than him if he keeps working. Actually scratch that, he’s probably already more accurate because cams throwing is trash. Robert foster also has the potential to be a legit WR and zay isn’t so bad himself.  I see a lot of promise with this guy fantasy wise. 

Edited by NyMetsfan5
  • Like 1

He'll probably be one of the most debated QB's in his 2019 outlook.   I like the high's with him, but I also fear the low's.    I think he'll go above his ADP in most leagues......as he'll be one of those high ceiling players that you'll find one owner willing to grasp at earlier than most.

What do we think in a deep keeper (between 100-120 players kept each season)?   I'm already keeping Rodgers, but worth using an extra spot on him as a long-term investment, or no?

3 minutes ago, Bandito said:

What do we think in a deep keeper (between 100-120 players kept each season)?   I'm already keeping Rodgers, but worth using an extra spot on him as a long-term investment, or no?

Isn't a deep keeper a dynasty?

Dynasties keep entire rosters. We keep a minimum of eight, but as many as you want up to your full roster (by giving back draft picks).  If you want to draft in the first round, you have to get down to the minimum eight.

This past draft we had five teams keep their entire roster and skip the draft (boo!).  I had the 1.01 and had to get down to eight to get Barkley. This year I may keep more if there's no one exciting coming out of college since our first two rounds do usually end up being a rookie draft for the most part.  

Wow, ramble much?  :rolleyes:

I will be using a keeper spot on him next year. Picked him up as a free agent so he only counts as a 14th round pick. He has way too much upside to not keep him at that price.

Edited by FoosballFan

What is great about him for fantasy is like Cam Newton, the offense is literally all him.  The RBs became second fiddle soon as JA started studly-ing around on the field.

If they draft him some more weapons like tall/fast WRs and he gets a young banger RB with some spunk the Bills could be exciting team for fantasy purposes.  

I dumped on Allen all off-season long before he got into games, but he impressed me more than any player in the league this year from where he came from in college. Accuracy woes are still there, but he is an elite athlete in an offense where he has the green light to make plays however he wants to. I think the Bills offense is a ways away from being anything prolific, but with an NFL caliber wide receiver on the roster next season with Zay, combined with a TE that can actually stay on the field and run routes, I think Josh can be a low-end QB1 next season. It should be noted that he is a much, much better fantasy quarterback than real-life one, but I do think that the Bills finally have their guy.

Watching Josh, you can just tell that he has "it." Whether that is heart, drive, motivation, whatever it is, he has it. The thing now is will the coaching staff have the competence to develop it, or will he hit a ceiling he should reasonably be able to break down?

2 hours ago, Br0kenB said:

I dumped on Allen all off-season long before he got into games, but he impressed me more than any player in the league this year from where he came from in college. Accuracy woes are still there, but he is an elite athlete in an offense where he has the green light to make plays however he wants to. I think the Bills offense is a ways away from being anything prolific, but with an NFL caliber wide receiver on the roster next season with Zay, combined with a TE that can actually stay on the field and run routes, I think Josh can be a low-end QB1 next season. It should be noted that he is a much, much better fantasy quarterback than real-life one, but I do think that the Bills finally have their guy.

Watching Josh, you can just tell that he has "it." Whether that is heart, drive, motivation, whatever it is, he has it. The thing now is will the coaching staff have the competence to develop it, or will he hit a ceiling he should reasonably be able to break down?

Have to agree. Few weeks ago was all in on L. Jackson but watching these last several games I’m thinking Josh has surpassed him in fantasy anyways.