wendellrott

Alfred Morris 2018 Outlook

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Rep as in 1 rep? Sounds like a full blow committee. 

• Like 2

It’s actually kinda perfect for Morris owners if Breida gets the start week 1. Let him get shut down @MIN while Morris prepares to take the reigns at home vs DET.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

It’s actually kinda perfect for Morris owners if Breida gets the start week 1. Let him get shut down @MIN while Morris prepares to take the reigns at home vs DET.

Pretty good point, though I'd bet both will rotate pretty heavily.

That MIN front 7 is pretty good and they have safties that will come up and pop guys. My main worry for Breida is that shoulder injuries often reoccur, and the shoulder is awfully essential for RBs...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Not if he actually does well, that might get Breida more touches.

Just now, nk3323 said:

Not if he actually does well, that might get Breida more touches.

No doubt. If Breida does well @MIN he will deserve more touches. Same goes for Morris. That’s what it all boils down to. Whoever is more productive will get more touches. I doubt either will be super productive @MIN.

Agreed. It may be advisable, if your roster permits, to hold both if you really want in on the primary ball carrier for SF and see how the first week shakes out. 

Probably won't be pretty @ MIN, they're tough at home. Don't expect any SF running backs to do much.

However, 2017 week 4, Abdullah had almost 100 yards and a TD @ MIN. Point is, you never know but obviously not a safe bet.

29 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I think the coaches are smart enough to know that the Vikings D is stout, and they know what's what. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seanismorris said:

My vote is for the alien!  (In PPR as a RB3)

Dreads might be fashionable, but they look odd tied back like that...

I thought dreads would be a problem on the field, but jewelry seems to get pulled more...

The dude with dreads was Jerrick, Breida looks like a real life Alien!

34 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Yep.

If my RB1/2 are solid I'd rather stash a guys with more upside.

who are your RB3/Flex stashes with more upside than 1100/9?

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Yep.

Lol I'll take 1100/9 as my 6th RB bruh.

7 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

P Barber, T Coleman, L Murray, Duke Johnson, Cohen, Michel

He said upside. Only one on that list with supreme upside without a catastrophic injury is Barber.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

He said upside. Only one on that list with supreme upside without a catastrophic injury is Barber.

With the exception of Michel, those players already put up Morris ceiling. So..... RB3/Flex whose upside's are much MUCH higher.

Even WITH a catastrophic injury 1100/9 is Morris' upside.

31 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

who are your RB3/Flex stashes with more upside than 1100/9?

P Barber, T Coleman, L Murray, Duke Johnson, Cohen, Michel ALL fit that description. I'll even throw in C Thompson, Lynch, Golladay, Gallup, M Williams, Godwin and Fuller.

IMO ignorant opinion, I think Alf is the back to own here.  I think there's an outside chance he actually catches a couple of passes too.  I'm just not sure Breida is built to last in the NFL with anything but a complementary role.   Alf could top 1,000 with 5 to 10 TDs if this offense hits expectations.

17 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

With the exception of Michel, those players already put up Morris ceiling. So..... RB3/Flex whose upside's are much MUCH higher.

Even WITH a catastrophic injury 1100/9 is Morris' upside.

P Barber, T Coleman, L Murray, Duke Johnson, Cohen, Michel ALL fit that description. I'll even throw in C Thompson, Lynch, Golladay, Gallup, M Williams, Godwin and Fuller.

arrested-development-gif-11.gif

just kidding :D

But seriously. Barber/Lynch/Morris are full time (at least early down) RB's already and should be owned.  If you don't like them that's cool, but right now they have the best opportunities out of the guys you're talking about.

If you're set at RB's already and looking for a bench upside lottery ticket, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One man's trash in another...well ya know.

Go for it and good luck.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

IMO ignorant opinion, I think Alf is the back to own here.  I think there's an outside chance he actually catches a couple of passes too.  I'm just not sure Breida is built to last in the NFL with anything but a complementary role.   Alf could top 1,000 with 5 to 10 TDs if this offense hits expectations.

Agreed.  Shanny was Morris' coordinator when he was tearing it up in Washington - he loves Alf.  Breida can't hold down the job by himself.  Alf really has a chance to make some noise in a good offense.  Drafted him in the 8th round last night with confidence.

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Yep.

L Murray and T Coleman basically put up those numbers in their time shares. So, I'd rather have them.

Or Barber, Michel, Cohen who have roles and also have higher ceilings IMO. 

In what way does Lat Murray have more upside?

* He's competing for carries with a significantly better RB than Alf is with Breida

* He's even less involved in the passing game than Alf

* His YPC has stuck around 4.0 for his entire career, no real flucuation

Vikings averaged 25.4 Carries a game between the 3 RBs last year

49ers averaged 19.1 Carries a game when they went 1-11 with Hyde/Breida

49ers averaged 27 Carries a game after Jimmy G took over with Hyde/Brieda

Since most people agree the 49ers will be better this year. Opportunities in carries and TDs shouldn't be much different between them this year.

I like Cohen and Michel a lot, but i'll need to see it to believe they will get over 1200 Total Yards this year with 9+ TDs IMO. Unless you were talking PPR?  I agree with Coleman and Barber.

Edited by Slatykamora