flippy

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, DrFunkenstein13 said:

Man ...he's so frustrating (in real life and fantasy), but damn if he doesn't ball out when he plays

 

At least he is playing well today... and the 4th quarter to come !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just play man. everyone knows you want to get traded. just play ball. let your agent do his job.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he plays, he is flawless. Filling numbers in the stat sheet with 0 turnover. 

He is General for a reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, csklmf said:

When he plays, he is flawless. Filling numbers in the stat sheet with 0 turnover. 

He is General for a reason. 

Gen. Lee A. Headache

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Goku said:

Will General Soreness be playing tomorrow?

I hope so. I just acquired him and it’ll be his first game on my squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Goku said:

Will General Soreness be playing tomorrow?

 

As much as I need him to play, I highly doubt he will. Only reason why he played against the Lakers was because it was a televised game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, j3rkthenurk said:

 

As much as I need him to play, I highly doubt he will. Only reason why he played against the Lakers was because it was a televised game.

The guy is a competitor, he loves playing the game as he said so he would want to play. Only problem is he played 43 minutes last game so probably he might be feeling sore or he wants to protect himself and not get burned 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

The guy is a competitor, he loves playing the game as he said so he would want to play. Only problem is he played 43 minutes last game so probably he might be feeling sore or he wants to protect himself and not get burned 

 

He is a competitor, but he also wants to be traded and be a d!ck to the Timberwolves.

 

The whole general soreness is BS

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

 

He is a competitor, but he also wants to be traded and be a d!ck to the Timberwolves.

 

The whole general soreness is BS

 

Agreed it's not like he's playing back to backs. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we will find out after shootaround whether he will play or not.  Vegas line opened at -3 and it is still at -3, which makes me think they anticipate him playing.  Not often is a 4-8 team favored on the road against a 6-5 team.  If we see that line move to pick 'em then that means General Soreness woke up on the wrong side of the bed and won't play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoogieNights said:

I guess we will find out after shootaround whether he will play or not.  Vegas line opened at -3 and it is still at -3, which makes me think they anticipate him playing.  Not often is a 4-8 team favored on the road against a 6-5 team.  If we see that line move to pick 'em then that means General Soreness woke up on the wrong side of the bed and won't play.

Make that on the wrong side of his mind.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds as if he has a predetermined rest schedule which has not (nor should be) released publicly.  We just need to have faith that they have a plan and that he won’t miss too many games.  He’s played 9 games this far at top 5 value per game.  Other players drafted for more money have played fewer games at worse value.  I understand it’s frustrating but realistically he’s exceeding his ADP.  I recently traded for him and I’m happy so far.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't understand why anyone would take the team's side in this debacle. Butler asked for a trade long enough before the first game that the front office had time to get a pretty mint offer from the Heat, which they quickly declined. Given the major screw-ups by the front office in recent years, plus the certainty that once the season started teams wouldn't offer as much, it's inconceivable anyone would think the team is in the right.

 

To drive my point home from a few pages back about Butler's actual value, even with his pouting sit-outs he is #12 in Yahoo 9-cat roto, and he's like mid-first round in per game average, netting out to about #8-10 overall if you add a replacement value bench player for his sit-outs. That's a profit from where anyone drafted him after his trade demand.

 

Forest for the trees, people. I'd actually think about buying him right now if I didn't already own him.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, regarding "honoring his contract" this is a two-way thing. If no NBA team made a reasonable offer, I wonder if Butler would be taking a different approach. The team has done very little to honor his request, and with no penalty for him acting like a spoiled child, why should the player not explore all the leverage he had?

 

If you made $20MM or something like that, and had been injured the prior year, and were in a walk year, and your team had no mechanism by which they could penalize you for not risking injury... you would be a straight up fool not to explore all your leverage. This is how capitalism works.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, rando said:

I just don't understand why anyone would take the team's side in this debacle. Butler asked for a trade long enough before the first game that the front office had time to get a pretty mint offer from the Heat, which they quickly declined. Given the major screw-ups by the front office in recent years, plus the certainty that once the season started teams wouldn't offer as much, it's inconceivable anyone would think the team is in the right.

 

To drive my point home from a few pages back about Butler's actual value, even with his pouting sit-outs he is #12 in Yahoo 9-cat roto, and he's like mid-first round in per game average, netting out to about #8-10 overall if you add a replacement value bench player for his sit-outs. That's a profit from where anyone drafted him after his trade demand.

 

Forest for the trees, people. I'd actually think about buying him right now if I didn't already own him.

I don’t see how anyone can take the team’s side but I also don’t see how anyone can take his side.  It’s a battle of f--- wits.  It should never come to this.  There are no winners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...