flippy

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

76ers had a great core but they went and traded for a guy the CLEARLY has issues and ruins chemistry. Old habits clearly die hard. Sucking is still in their DNA.

Sounds like Jimmy Butter is on track for Tues.

1 minute ago, bmoney0111 said:

Passed his virus to Simmons.

Dude, never wish another players to get sick/ injured. Not funny. 

Just now, csklmf said:

Dude, never wish another players to get sick/ injured. Not funny. 

I own Simmons. He is questionable now with the same illness.

I own Simmons. He is questionable now with the same illness.

Damn I see. Wilson Chandler is sick as well. Did they all spend quality time together after game? 

Just now, csklmf said:

Damn I see. Wilson Chandler is sick as well. Did they all spend quality time together after game? 

Looks like it. That bug going around.

For those trying to assess his value, I was offered Fox + Satoransky, and by another team Murray + Tatum, both of which I strongly considered but declined.

Tried to offload to the second team for Murray + Hield but he wouldn't accept, so holding him for now.

19 minutes ago, JStyles said:

For those trying to assess his value, I was offered Fox + Satoransky, and by another team Murray + Tatum, both of which I strongly considered but declined.

Tried to offload to the second team for Murray + Hield but he wouldn't accept, so holding him for now.

man that murray and tatum is enticing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flippy said:

I'm not that high on Tatum unless Kyrie goes down, but yes was tempting.

4 minutes ago, JStyles said:

I'm not that high on Tatum unless Kyrie goes down, but yes was tempting.

I would’ve taken that one and run

10 minutes ago, flippy said:

Ditto.  I would've taken that instantly.  Jimmy might have Top 15 value historically, but he's not worth the headache.

1 hour ago, bmoney0111 said:

Passed his virus to Simmons.

lol, as a Butler owner and a tough matchup against Simmons this week, I'm hoping Simmons is as soft as Jimmy is in regards to this illness and takes a few days off.

10 minutes ago, MWon said:

Ditto.  I would've taken that instantly.  Jimmy might have Top 15 value historically, but he's not worth the headache.

lol, as a Butler owner and a tough matchup against Simmons this week, I'm hoping Simmons is as soft as Jimmy is in regards to this illness and takes a few days off.

man oh man please don't say that.

Yeah sorry dude, I thought about it and felt a little bad.  Can I at least hope he turns over the ball like 20 times and shoots poorly?  (I've got Barton, DMC, Turner, and CP3 who are all out, vs an opponent who has literally every player except one with 4 games apiece this week...let me win 3 cats, lol)

57 minutes ago, MWon said:

Yeah sorry dude, I thought about it and felt a little bad.  Can I at least hope he turns over the ball like 20 times and shoots poorly?  (I've got Barton, DMC, Turner, and CP3 who are all out, vs an opponent who has literally every player except one with 4 games apiece this week...let me win 3 cats, lol)

He can turn it over all he wants lol my league doesn't do TO.

• Like 1

For those of you that were interested, the Hield + Murray offer for my Jimmy Butler has just been accepted - best of luck ROS all! (unless it gets vetoed then see you tomorrow).

20 minutes ago, JStyles said:

For those of you that were interested, the Hield + Murray offer for my Jimmy Butler has just been accepted - best of luck ROS all! (unless it gets vetoed then see you tomorrow).

Veto votes:  1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JStyles said:

Best of luck, man.  For all of us Jimmy Butler owners (most of whom are desperate to unload him and his huge ego), we--or I at least--wish you the best in trying to get a pair of Top 50 value guards for him.

• Like 1

I hope your trade doesn't get vetoed. If it does your league needs to shake the sand out of their shorts. Just think if in the NBA other teams got to veto the trades of other teams because they didn't think they were fair one way or another. It would be so petty and miserably unbearable.

If it's not collusion either through open communication as such or such lopsided value that it's undeniable unspoken collusion (AD for Delladova or something like that) then nobody should have a say other than the parties in the trade. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MWon said:

Jimmy might have Top 15 value historically, but he's not worth the headache.

You're right. 

I was in the Marc Gasol thread and I said how I thought I got a steal when I traded Gasol for Griffin. Another guy then came in and said that he felt better about his trade after reading my post. He traded Gasol for Butler and now thought he'd gotten a massive steal. I agreed instinctively, just based off of the names, but after looking up Butler's stats, it seems that guy bought high on Butler and sold low on Gasol.

For references, here are the 7/14/30/season averages for all three guys:

Griffin: 61.9ppg (11th)/ 52.90 (21st)/ 54.45 (18th)/ 55.35 (16th)

Gasol: 35.85ppg (83rd)/ 43.70 (44th)/ 42.85 (45th)/ 49.40 (25th)

Butler: 36.50ppg (76th)/ 35.55 (93rd)/ 32.85 (109th)/ 43.30 (44th)

I came in here to see how Butler owners were feeling, to see if I could buy low. I don't think I could offer something out for him unless the Butler owner was completely way down on him and didn't get other offers. At this point, I would rather keep Vonleh and Markkanen over Butler because of the drama, and the fact that he's far from the 1st option with the 6ers. I'd be comfortable offering Mudiay, Ariza, or Marcus Morris (maybe 2 of them, or 1 of them + an end of bench guy), but no way that the Butler owner would even consider it. As you can see from my reaction to that guy's Gasol trade, the Butler name is still enticing though. If I owned Butler, I'd try to flip him for someone who has missed time (Dipo, Booker) or a top 20-35 player like Harris.

I flipped him for Donovan Mitchell. Love Jimmy, but he's been a headache to own this year. I'm happy with the return.

On 1/7/2019 at 2:58 PM, bmoney0111 said:

Simmons is playing tonight.

Jimmy:  OMG I have a cold...I'll have to miss out the next two games!

Ben: Dude, it's a cold.