Rotoworld.com Forums

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I don't think its an issue of Jimmy refusing to play but of Taylor making promises to KAT and Jimmy.

I don't think there is any way he ever plays for the TWolves again.  So if he doesn't get traded I think he sits with a "wrist injury" until Taylor can make a deal.  Doesn't seem like there is a big market for him.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jimmy Butler (strained groin) did not participate in practice on Tuesday and is doubtful for Wednesday's game vs. Brooklyn. Advice: Butler injured his groin in the first quarter of Monday's game

Posted Images

So, the most likely scenario as of today is:

• Thibs won't deal before the start of the season
  • Butler stays away from team
  • Dec 15 rolls around...
  • Lakers trade for Butler using all those expiring and 1-year contracts.

Ta-daa!

12 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

So, the most likely scenario as of today is:

• Thibs won't deal before the start of the season
  • Butler stays away from team
  • Dec 15 rolls around...
  • Lakers trade for Butler using all those expiring and 1-year contracts.

Ta-daa!

Please do not get my hopes up, thank you

1 minute ago, FreeJordanBell said:

Please do not get my hopes up, thank you

Crazy as it seems, it's even possible that Thibs views the market as getting better with more bidders by then. Of course, he will have an unhappy Butler for 2 months, but not sure he cares.

1 minute ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Crazy as it seems, it's even possible that Thibs views the market as getting better with more bidders by then. Of course, he will have an unhappy Butler for 2 months, but not sure he cares.

They got offered jrich and a pick and it still got declined, ergo ur probably right. Season is about to start and I don’t see him getting fired anytime soon. It’s a s----show... But he did meet with thibs again for a trade so with his patience running thin i definitely see a trade soon 

36 minutes ago, FreeJordanBell said:

They got offered jrich and a pick and it still got declined, ergo ur probably right. Season is about to start and I don’t see him getting fired anytime soon. It’s a s----show... But he did meet with thibs again for a trade so with his patience running thin i definitely see a trade soon 

Or Thibs will play him 48 min a game as payback

• Like 1
5 hours ago, FreeJordanBell said:

He will still produce the same unless he goes to rockets 

As a Butler & CP3 owner this is the worst case scenario. 

I don't think Houston has the pieces to pull it off without breaking up an already good core.  A deal centered around Eric Gordon is not going to be as attractive for the T-Wolves vs what they already had on the table w/ JRich, imo.  Esp given that their 1st rounder is going to stink compared to Miami's.  

Man this dude screams bad locker room guy who thinks he is better than he actually is. He is a good number two/three on a championship caliber team who thinks he is a one. I would not overpay for someone like that especially with the miles he has accumulated playing for Thibs.

And for fantasy I am not picking him in the 2nd unless guys like Oladipo, Kawhi, Embiid, or PG are not there.

• Like 1

Miami would be silly to trade for this s*** bloke.  He seems like a terrible locker room guy who thinks he's better than he actually is, plus he'd be a one year rental for a Heat team who, even with him, are the 4th team at best in the East.  Why trade assets (especially a good one like Richardson) for an overrated headcase that's going to destroy team chemistry and probably not take you beyond the 2nd round in the East?

For a myriad of reasons, I wouldn't touch this guy as a FA if I'm an NBA team and he wants a max deal (unless you have a bunch of goofs on your team already - see the Lakers or are complete gongshow of a franchise already - see the Knicks).

#TeamButler

37 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Man this dude screams bad locker room guy who thinks he is better than he actually is. He is a good number two/three on a championship caliber team who thinks he is a one. I would not overpay for someone like that especially with the miles he has accumulated playing for Thibs.

And for fantasy I am not picking him in the 2nd unless guys like Oladipo, Kawhi, Embiid, or PG are not there.

In Many drafts, at the end of round 1. Dipo, Embiid and Kawhi are all gone. PG goes next 2 picks, so you going to wait until round 3? If he is there round 3, your league is trash.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

Miami would be silly to trade for this s*** bloke.  He seems like a terrible locker room guy who thinks he's better than he actually is, plus he'd be a one year rental for a Heat team who, even with him, are the 4th team at best in the East.  Why trade assets (especially a good one like Richardson) for an overrated headcase that's going to destroy team chemistry and probably not take you beyond the 2nd round in the East?

For a myriad of reasons, I wouldn't touch this guy as a FA if I'm an NBA team and he wants a max deal (unless you have a bunch of goofs on your team already - see the Lakers or are complete gongshow of a franchise already - see the Knicks).

Lol.

Miami would be instant Finals contenders in the East with Butler. The only team I'm scared is Boston.

And before their name pop up, no. No one takes the Toronto Raptors seriously, even with Kawhi.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Lol.

Miami would be instant Finals contenders in the East with Butler. The only team I'm scared is Boston.

And before their name pop up, no. No one takes the Toronto Raptors seriously, even with Kawhi.

Yes Finals Contender with Two Headcases (Whiteside & Butler)

and a retirement tour Wade. :lol:

• Like 3