wendellrott

Jaylen Samuels 2018 Outlook

3 hours ago, MarielJr said:

I still thinking in to start him over Marlon Mack,specially with Mack facing Houston and Samuels the Raiders,but oh lord..I don't know if I can  trust a guy that never started a single game in this point of the season,is just like gambling,roll the dice and figure out.

I know how you feel.... want to see some serious gambling though?  I picked up Samuels, Jeff Wilson and Justin Jackson on the WW this week and I'm planning on playing all three in my 1st round of the playoffs. I lost Breida and Olsen so Samuels is my Olsen fill-in at TE, Wilson is my Breida fill-in at RB1 and I'm planning to play Jackson instead of Ware in FLEX. I will be surprised if all three perform well but out of the three, I'm most optimistic about Samuels (at least as a TE in PPR). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

I know how you feel.... want to see some serious gambling though?  I picked up Samuels, Jeff Wilson and Justin Jackson on the WW this week and I'm planning on playing all three in my 1st round of the playoffs. I lost Breida and Olsen so Samuels is my Olsen fill-in at TE, Wilson is my Breida fill-in at RB1 and I'm planning to play Jackson instead of Ware in FLEX. I will be surprised if all three perform well but out of the three, I'm most optimistic about Samuels (at least as a TE in PPR). 

Did you put out a hit on the rest of your leaguemates to pull off a waiver feat such as this? Seems like they all fell asleep at the wheel to let you sneak off with that haul.

• Like 1

I'm starting him as TE over Gronk this week. Too bad he can't be used as a TE on ESPN or else I would start him over Ebron in my standard league too. 

8 minutes ago, DaileyPrayer said:

Did you put out a hit on the rest of your leaguemates to pull off a waiver feat such as this? Seems like they all fell asleep at the wheel to let you sneak off with that haul.

I had a lot of FAAB and put strong bids on all of them (out of desperation). 

Edited by ADDwithFF
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ADDwithFF said:

Nobody cares about your Aunts 8 team league.  It sounds awful anyway.

So tired of everyone fluffing themselves in these threads.  Really, we dont care who you were able to add or who you are starting.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

So tired of everyone fluffing themselves in these threads.  Really, we dont care who you were able to add or who you are starting.  

Then go somewhere if you don't like it. 

It's a 12 team $75 buy in work league by the way. Most everyone in my league has played FF for years and serious about it. 

Carry on. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ADDwithFF said:

It's a 12 team $75 buy in work league by the way. Most everyone in my league has played FF for years and serious about it. 

Carry on. 

Why dont you go somewhere where people care about your team.  Maybe your nephews will be impressed.

I come here for player analysis...you know...like what the site was intended for. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Funkenstein said:

Why dont you go somewhere where people care about your team.  Maybe your nephews will be impressed.

I come here for player analysis...you know...like what the site was intended for. 

Then stick to the main RW site and stay away from the forum.... that way you can avoid acting like a douche. 

Just now, ADDwithFF said:

Then stick to the main RW site and stay away from the forum.... that way you can avoid acting like a douche. 

No thanks. 

Im sure your CSB posts will be deleted soon anyway.  

• Like 1

As per the posting guidelines:

6. Also, there is a Cool Story, Brah Thread. This is for random asides about your journey through this fantasy world. They are generally humorous but don't have to be. Please use this thread liberally as the player threads are not meant to be overwrought with personal stories about your team or league.

14 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

Carry on. 

Its sounds like a serious league considering you landed jackson, samuels and wilson off the wire this week. Cmon dude. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

Its sounds like a serious league considering you landed jackson, samuels and wilson off the wire this week. Cmon dude. 

...or the other teams are too loaded to worry about picking up trash off waivers. To play devil's advocate.

8 minutes ago, brosephd said:

1 point PPR, he has to be a play right? should be a lock for at least 3 catches hopefully. 

the answer to any question without knowing someone's roster is, It depends on what your roster looks like......regardless, unless you are super stacked at rb and at te, Samuels is a Start in every league.....going against Oakland, He is a lock and loaded Rb1 for this week, with top 5 upside.

Edited by All Knowing

30 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

...or the other teams are too loaded to worry about picking up trash off waivers. To play devil's advocate.

Nah, he indicated that Samuels has TE eligibility. Samuels at TE, if he has a good game, is arguably the pick-up of the year and a week winner. 

The TE position is thin. Every owner in the league should have done whatever they can to get Samuels, even if only to block other owners. 

14 minutes ago, brosephd said:

1 point PPR, he has to be a play right? should be a lock for at least 3 catches hopefully. 

3 catches easily, hopefully 6-8. Unless you’re stacked he should be a must start. 

13 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

the answer to any question without knowing someone's roster is, It depends on what your roster looks like......regardless, unless you are super stacked at rb and at te, Samuels is a Start in every league.....going against Oakland, He is a lock and loaded Rb1 for this week, with top 5 upside.

This was exactly what I was trying to ask before my question got the "Samuels as TE should be a separate thread" comment.

If he has the lead role this week, he becomes a must play at RB moving forward given the offense he's in. For Yahoo players, he would become a must start TE (even already depending on who your TE is) based on the advantage of having 4 RBs in your lineup. For example, I have both Ertz and Kelce, but let's take week 15 when Kelce has the Chargers and he's always underperformed against them. I would even consider playing Samuels over him just because of the advantage you'd have if you have a strong RB group. Again, this is IF he has the lead role.

Here's the rbs i'd start over Samuels....(me personally i'm benching ebron,mack and ware....starting ertz/mixon/david johnson with samuels)  most weeks i'd only consider Kelce a start over him at te, but match-up Ertz has makes him a start over him for this week. unless you have one of those 2 tes, plus 3 of the below 11 rbs, Samuels is MUST START this week vs oakland. 

1 Todd Gurley at CHI -
2 Christian McCaffrey at CLE -
3 Ezekiel Elliott vs. PHI -
4 Saquon Barkley at WAS -
5 Alvin Kamara at TB -
6 Aaron Jones vs. ATL -
7 Nick Chubb vs. CAR -
8 Phillip Lindsay at SF -

11 Sony Michel at MIA -
      -
13 Joe Mixon at LAC Questionable (foot)

21 Tarik Cohen vs. LAR -

Edited by All Knowing

1 hour ago, Funkenstein said:

There is 37 pages of it,The guy was just giving a example,stop to be annoying,you were not in the conversation ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ADDwithFF said:

Geez,I lost a bunch of players duo injury this season too,good luck with this gambling,is all in now hahaha

• Like 1

Samuels will probable also be a start next week for most people, because New England gives up alot of receptions against rb's......Samuels will be a Sit against New orleans for most people championship week, becuase Saints have a elite front 7....I got great match-ups in weeks 15/16, so those weeks will be hard for me to decide, but this week against oakland is a no brainer must start.

• Haha 1

My apologies if this has already been discussed, but my guess is there's basically no chance he's TE-eligible in Y! next year, correct?

Considering whether to keep him - I'd have to seriously think about it if he's TE eligible again. I just don't see how he could be.