wendellrott

Jaylen Samuels 2018 Outlook

9 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

That's actually a really good point. I just checked Yahoo and they for instance project Taylor to throw 220 yds (realistic) yet all Browns pass catchers together will catch 330. Erm...

Baker Mayfield

7 minutes ago, fakespike said:

Baker Mayfield

Zero, says Yahoo. Similarly Trubs in Chicago will be the on QB throwing passes for 220, yet I'm the air that somehow becomes a magical 300+. 

I also compared a couple more established QBs; NE and Pit are also going to catch around 320 yd, but at least Ben and Brady are going to throw 270.

Now I understand better why Yahoo is off by so much every game.

• Like 1

Thanks for looking at that, explains a lot. If Jaylen Samuel actually does hit 10 PPR points or more, he will be the hottest pickup on Yahoo come Monday.

6 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

106 missing targets for RB.  Who’s getting them?  

Here's a thought: maybe if one of the best receiving backs in the NFL isn't playing, Pittsburgh will direct those plays elsewhere?

If Connor gets hurt; I am assuming he is next in line  ...Pitt could however just bring in a veteran 

50 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

If Connor gets hurt; I am assuming he is next in line  ...Pitt could however just bring in a veteran 

Even if they do bring in another back, he would at least be in a timeshare and immediately become an elite TE1. If Conner gets hurt today after all the Bell crap, the fantasy internet is going to explode.

Are you guys that are rostering him just in yahoo leagues? He seems like a reach in leagues without TE eligibility. 

Edited by phisouza33

Yeah, Yahoo. Unless you think Conner gets hurt or will be in a timeshare, there's no real reason to otherwise. We don't even know if he is the handcuff. And in regards to the timeshare, there has been zero indication that Conner will not be the bellcow until Leveon is back.

15 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Are you guys that are rostering him just in yahoo leagues? He seems like a reach in leagues without TE eligibility. 

He should be owned in all 12 team leagues everywhere regardless of his position eligibility.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Yeah, Yahoo. Unless you think Conner gets hurt or will be in a timeshare, there's no real reason to otherwise. We don't even know if he is the handcuff. And in regards to the timeshare, there has been zero indication that Conner will not be the bellcow until Leveon is back.

Cue Herm Edwards GIF. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

He should be owned in all 12 team leagues everywhere regardless of his position eligibility.

Totally agree, I don't do Yahoo so I am not paying much attention to this TE talk here.

Bottom line is the guy was drafted in the 5th as a RB and that is the only position he has practiced at or played at in pre-season...

He looks very interesting as a runner too, just an awesome hands outta the backfield and they can use him much like Bell was used--as far as shifting him around in the formation and motioning him outta the backfield into the slot, etc. He has plenty of development ahead of him as he adapts to being a full time RB, but I feel like this guy is going to be a good one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

He is

Wow, it's like crickets chirping in here.

For all the hype about the Yahoo RB/TE designation, this guy fell flat on his face.

Useless.  Not even part of the game plan.  Nothing to see here.

Drop and move along to the Phillip Lindsay thread...

Did this dude even play? Was worth the dart throw imo but except for my deep leagues I think its time to move on to the next one until this guy can at least show up on the box score. 

Cut him when heard James was back. Picked up Amos because I lost KNeal. Interesting they gave him no snaps. Moving on but will keep an eye out. Conner looked the part of a three downer. Imo

9 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Cut him when heard James was back. Picked up Amos because I lost KNeal. Interesting they gave him no snaps. Moving on but will keep an eye out. Conner looked the part of a three downer. Imo

Well yeah, he had 36 touches. :lol:

I think the last game was a statement to L. Bell, that he's dispensable.  The O-line was working hard to get the run going.  Unfortunately their QB had the worst out of it, 3 interceptions and 4 sacks.... B. Roethlisberger is avg. 0.87 int, and 2.3 sacks/game in his entire career.

Would have liked to see 2-3 carries to let us know he’s even on Tomlin’s radar. He’s not.

3 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Would have liked to see 2-3 carries to let us know he’s even on Tomlin’s radar. He’s not.

Yeah. I didn't have any allusions that he'd be a big part of the gameplan and a strong fantasy play with Conner there, but he is enticing to me as an injury lotto ticket, if he would in fact become the starter or a major part of the gameplan after a Conner injury. A starting RB in your TE slot would be gold, but I really have no clue if he'd step into a big role and still don't after this game. He's a 5th round rookie. Would not surprise me one bit if plodfest Ridley took over or they signed a vet. 

He's a handcuff to Conner.  That's all.  I was sad that I missed out on him last week but after seeing him do nothing, I'm laughing that the a guy in my league dropped Austin Ekeler to grab this guy.

Unless you're into handcuffs, he's a safe drop.

33 minutes ago, CooL said:

He's a handcuff to Conner.  That's all.  I was sad that I missed out on him last week but after seeing him do nothing, I'm laughing that the a guy in my league dropped Austin Ekeler to grab this guy.

Unless you're into handcuffs, he's a safe drop.

Is he even a handcuff?