DLove

Larry Nance Jr. 2018 Outlook

We all know the talent is there. Just needs to get enough minutes and with this clueless coach that may not be happening. :wacko:

My god the numbers he would put up if he got even just 28-30 mins. Ceding minutes to Tristan Thompson of all people. Why Lue, why!?!?

26 minutes ago, Ajax said:

We all know the talent is there. Just needs to get enough minutes and with this clueless coach that may not be happening. :wacko:

I hate you said that because I feel it’s so true. Nance is suppose to be one of your foundational pieces that you just gave $45 mil to. If he can’t get 30 min with Love out, then I have no idea what to expect going forward. 

• Like 1

The Cavs basically have no reason to be playing Nance right now.  This team is horrible from a front office POV as well as an actual basketball POV.  They have an insane amount of money tied up in KLove, Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, George Hill and Jordan Clarkson.  They're not going to be winning anything in the next season or two at the very least so their priorities are basically tank and try to showcase their bloated contract guys in the first half of the season to hopefully get some sucker to bite for a trade.  Unfortunately the majority of their fat contract guys are almost unmovable because of how bad their contracts are (looking at TT, JR and K.Love here) and it would take another Billy King to give up assets for someone like TT or JR. 

I wouldn't expect Nance to be unleashed until after the trade deadline (if that).

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam

1 minute ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

The Cavs basically have no reason to be playing Nance right now.  This team is horrible from a front office POV as well as an actual basketball POV.  They have an insane amount of money tied up in KLove, Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, George Hill and Jordan Clarkson.  They're not going to be winning anything in the next season or two at the very least so their priorities are basically tank and try to showcase their bloated contract guys in the first half of the season to hopefully get some sucker to bite for a trade.  Unfortunately the majority of their fat contract guys are almost unmovable because of how bad their contracts are (looking at TT, JR and K.Love here) and it would take another Billy King to give up assets for someone like TT or JR. 

I wouldn't expect Nance to be unleashed until after the trade deadline (if that).

Nance isn't exactly a player that's gonna will them to wins either, so I don't see your point.

3 minutes ago, yeet said:

Nance isn't exactly a player that's gonna will them to wins either, so I don't see your point.

Nance is 100% a better fit next to Osman or Love at the 5 spot when playing against uptempo opposition and perimeter orientated teams, which is basically everyone these days.

The point is I don't think the Cavs have any intention to prioritize winning over playing their vets in order to try to trade them, which hurts Nance's value.

19 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Nance is 100% a better fit next to Osman or Love at the 5 spot when playing against uptempo opposition and perimeter orientated teams, which is basically everyone these days.

The point is I don't think the Cavs have any intention to prioritize winning over playing their vets in order to try to trade them, which hurts Nance's value.

He's still only 25 and has never gotten a decent run as a starter in the league, why wouldn't the Cavs see what he's got, at the very least to make him a more attractive trade asset, or even better discover that he can be someone they can rely on for the next 5-6+ seasons?

Certainly makes more sense than giving bums like TT, Dekker and Frye minutes, who will be out of the league in 2 years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JStyles said:

He's still only 25 and has never gotten a decent run as a starter in the league, why wouldn't the Cavs see what he's got, at the very least to make him a more attractive trade asset, or even better discover that he can be someone they can rely on for the next 5-6+ seasons?

Certainly makes more sense than giving bums like TT, Dekker and Frye minutes, who will be out of the league in 2 years.

I don't get what you're saying here.  Why on earthy would the Cavs try to trade Larry Nance?  The Cavs absolutely should not and will not trade him.  He's a young athletic big who still has potential and his extension is cap friendly.  Why would the Cavs, who are in cap space hell, try to get rid of someone who as you said could be a legitimate part of their future for the next 5 seasons and do so cheaply?

Just now, ComeOnAndSlam said:

I don't get what you're saying here.  Why on earthy would the Cavs try to trade Larry Nance?  The Cavs absolutely should not and will not trade him.  He's a young athletic big who still has potential and his extension is cap friendly.  Why would the Cavs, who are in cap space hell, try to get rid of someone who as you said could be a legitimate part of their future for the next 5 seasons and do so cheaply?

So you're saying they aren't going to play OR trade their good young asset, alright makes sense.

Just now, JStyles said:

So you're saying they aren't going to play OR trade their good young asset, alright makes sense.

No read my post above again and have a think about the Cavs roster situation.  I said the Cavs priorities right now isn't player development.  They already have Nance on a long term deal and are essentially a lottery bound team.  There is no reason to be giving Nance or Sexton big minutes right now over other older players who aren't a part of their future and need to be showcased for a trade, however unlikely that trade is. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

No read my post above again and have a think about the Cavs roster situation.  I said the Cavs priorities right now isn't player development.  They already have Nance on a long term deal and are essentially a lottery bound team.  There is no reason to be giving Nance or Sexton big minutes right now over other older players who aren't a part of their future and need to be showcased for a trade, however unlikely that trade is. 

TT and Frye have less than 0 trade value and aren't being showcased for anything, Lue is just a terrible coach.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JStyles said:

TT and Frye have less than 0 trade value and aren't being showcased for anything, Lue is just a terrible coach.

Frye is a vet min expiring contact.  He's a throwaway add in a part of a bigger trade.  I agree he shouldn't be getting PT over Nance.

TT has some trade value but unfortunately not with that contract length.  If it was an expiring he'd be easier to move but the Cavs will have to get creative to get someone to bite on his 35m owed.

9 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Frye is a vet min expiring contact.  He's a throwaway add in a part of a bigger trade.  I agree he shouldn't be getting PT over Nance.

TT has some trade value but unfortunately not with that contract length.  If it was an expiring he'd be easier to move but the Cavs will have to get creative to get someone to bite on his 35m owed.

So you’re saying the Cavs front office is literally sitting Ty Lue down and telling him to make sure TT gets close to 30 minutes a night at the expense of Nance? 

And exactly which NBA team is interested in a washed up unathletic big man who’s declining skill set is obsolete in today’s NBA?

Yeah, I’m gonna go with Occam’s razor on this one and just conclude Ty Lue is an idiot.

Nance should definitely be getting 25+ minutes and should not be losing minutes to Frye and TT. Seems like there's a chance he gets unleashed under a new HC.

im assuming depends on your teams needs but stls, points rebs fg% and recently assists are his strong suits and thats under 25 mins