DLove

Larry Nance Jr. 2018 Outlook

So uh.. what's the deal with him? Did they fire Lue just to continue playing washed up TT at the 5? Even if it is a matchup thing, how is just getting 9 minutes at the half with Love not being around?

Imagine being an NBA coach and playing Sam Dekker over Nance who you just gave a 45 million dollar contract to

• Like 1

Nance must be loving life lol

Coming off the bench for a LeBron-less Cleveland team, just fired the coach, no wins, ceding minutes to Sam Dekker.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Haha 4

What do we want? A huge contract for Nance! 

When do we want him? Uhhh whenever.. 2nd half?.. I mean if Dekker doesn't mind subbing off. Actually, is Ilgauskas still on the roster?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Only bad thing about having stacked teams in a 10 teamer is the end of bench conundrums. Dropped for Siakam (though his minutes are kinda iffy too with OG out) for the time being. Anyone want to persuade me back on the bandwagon? 

On 10/29/2018 at 1:52 AM, Purple Hippo said:

So you’re saying the Cavs front office is literally sitting Ty Lue down and telling him to make sure TT gets close to 30 minutes a night at the expense of Nance? 

And exactly which NBA team is interested in a washed up unathletic big man who’s declining skill set is obsolete in today’s NBA?

Yeah, I’m gonna go with Occam’s razor on this one and just conclude Ty Lue is an idiot.

That entire Cavs organization is full of idiots.  Doesn't make the situation any different.  The Cavs are going nowhere and they already have Nance locked in.  They may as well do everything they can at the moment to try and get something for TT and you can't get anything if you have an asset, even an overpaid asset, sitting on the bench doing nothing and reinforcing everyone's belief that TT is hopeless.  He's overpaid but he can rebound and be a big body.  That's worth something.  Not 30+ million over 2 years but something so we'll see what happens.  

Not surprised they're starting Decker either but surprised Nance only played 9min even with a new coach.  Decker is as quick as Nance but actually has a jumpshot and is a floor spacer.  Nance is almost useless outside of the paint and doesn't even want to shoot jumpers.  You can't really play TT and Nance at the same time for too long so if they're going to roll with starting and playing TT 25+ min a game for now...probably not great news for Nance.  We'll see how things pan out next few games.

2 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

That entire Cavs organization is full of idiots.  Doesn't make the situation any different.  The Cavs are going nowhere and they already have Nance locked in.  They may as well do everything they can at the moment to try and get something for TT and you can't get anything if you have an asset, even an overpaid asset, sitting on the bench doing nothing and reinforcing everyone's belief that TT is hopeless.  He's overpaid but he can rebound and be a big body.  That's worth something.  Not 30+ million over 2 years but something so we'll see what happens.  

Not surprised they're starting Decker either but surprised Nance only played 9min even with a new coach.  Decker is as quick as Nance but actually has a jumpshot and is a floor spacer.  Nance is almost useless outside of the paint and doesn't even want to shoot jumpers.  You can't really play TT and Nance at the same time for too long so if they're going to roll with starting and playing TT 25+ min a game for now...probably not great news for Nance.  We'll see how things pan out next few games.

It’s strange. The front office has all but publicly mandated that they fired Lue because they are going with a youth movement. Decker I can understand but I don’t get how playing TT and George Hill huge minutes jive with that. Organization is clearly dysfunctional to say the least.

They're just not gonna play Nance at the PF for some reason, and with Love out they want TT to gobble up the boards I guess. Very disappointing with the playing time. I give him two more games to see how it sorts out, if it doesn't show any improvement, cut bait and move on. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spd2base said:

They're just not gonna play Nance at the PF for some reason, and with Love out they want TT to gobble up the boards I guess. Very disappointing with the playing time. I give him two more games to see how it sorts out, if it doesn't show any improvement, cut bait and move on. 

Nope

• Like 1

He just got paid. The sample size is too small to determine what's going on  or what's going to happen and so reacting after that game is totally jumping the gun.

• Like 1

Nance Jr. next year's pay: $12.7m

Dekkar? $3.9m

A teams vote of confidence tends to be a vote of MONEY. Plus they must be proven right in the investment of said money. They have 45 million reasons to prove Nance Jr is a baller.