JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

Very weird lol

I'm glad you play on hard mode, but you're just making it more difficult for yourself.  Harden and AD are of the same tier, though.

AD and Harden are not in the same tier and what you decide to punt does not change that lol. Per game AD has a z-score of 1.23 on BBM and 0.79 for Harden, they aren't even close. AD deserves a tier of his own based on any 9 cat ranking you can find.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

AD and Harden are not in the same tier and what you decide to punt does not change that lol. Per game AD has a z-score of 1.23 on BBM and 0.79 for Harden, they aren't even close. AD deserves a tier of his own based on any 9 cat ranking you can find.

:lol:

Yeah, if you don't punt anything. Who punts nothing?  People in family leagues.

If you punt 3's, Harden & Capela are in the same tier too. :lol:

The point is with Davis, you don't need to punt anything if you don't want to. 

• Like 3

That's right, but almost everyone punts TOs.  

I was actually offered AD for Harden in a league and of course turned it down.  The extra game in the semis was the cherry on top- but otherwise it didn't matter, because when you take away AD's advantage in turnovers (lmao) their value is the same.

Every time I come to this sub, I'm reminded that there's more and more people to fleece in my leagues.  I always forget and then I come here and I'm like "oh yeah, there's some people just looking at rankings :lol:"

Lol @ Harden being in the same tier as AD if you are punting.  If you are punting 3s then, AD should be 5 tiers ahead of Harden then?

We gauge player rankings first and foremost on all cats and then imo for specific builds.  Why do you think all the prominent fantasy sites uses all cats to form a universal ranking?

• Like 1

Am I being trolled?  :lol::lol:

Think long and hard about what you just said.  Player rankings are not very important.  You do know that, right?  Like when Josh Lloyd, for example, compiles his Monstrous Line of the Night and whatnot, he's getting rid of the worst two cats for a player.  Do you know why he does that?  Like think about it lol

Player rankings are great for roto.  They're awesome for that.  But they're entirely unimportant for H2H.  I just explained that in the John Collins thread.  In H2H all you care about is getting your 5-7 cats as green as possible.  If more get green, cool, but you don't really care.  When you're trying to get 5-7 cats green, AD and Harden are on the same tier.  If you're trying to win 9-0 every week, cool, but that's actually an amazingly, outrageously horrible strategy.  You must know that, right?

• Like 1

Why are you trolling? :lol::lol:

No one said player ranking is the sole arbiter of which player is better.  All we are saying is that when discussing rankings, it's better to be comprehensive than exclude, namely when forming universal rankings.

Lol @ appealing to Josh Lloyd and forming the basis of your argument based on that.

Answer a simple question: Do fantasy sites rank players comprehensively? Yes or No?

Again we are not gauging whether the rankings themselves are the best measure.  Surely you understand?

Edited by HotSauce24

3 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Answer a simple question: Do fantasy sites rank players comprehensively? Yes or No?

Yes, which is why it's so easy to take people who use those ranking's money. :lol:

I hope people keep doing it, but it's my posting responsibility to point out that it's ******** stupid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Yes, which is why it's so easy to take people who use those ranking's money. :lol:

I hope people keep doing it, but it's my posting responsibility to point out that it's ******** stupid.

That's great.

AD is still a tier above Harden though. :lol:

Just now, HotSauce24 said:

That's great.

lmao

The funny thing is I think you're being genuine.

Look, for example, at how many cats Harden has with a z score over 2 and how many AD has. See what's going on here?  See how it works?  But hey, keep going by rankings, I love it.  64% winning percentage across 24 yahoo money leagues- 3 with Harden, 3 with AD- you can't do that by being lucky in the draft.  You do it by understanding player's value, and crucially, by lots of other owners NOT understanding value.

5 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

lmao

Look, for example, at how many cats Harden has with a z score over 2 and how many AD has. See what's going on here?  See how it works?  But hey, keep going by rankings, I love it.  64% winning percentage across 24 yahoo money leagues- 3 with Harden, 3 with AD- you can't do that by being lucky in the draft.  You do it by understanding player's value, and crucially, by lots of other owners NOT understanding value.

Sadly I know you are genuine in your belief that several of us only use rankings to gauge a player's worth instead of other variables because you seem to double down on this angle.  Or that you think it's mutually exclusive lol.

Again, we are not discussing whether this is the best way to gauge a player.  These rankings however simply do exist for better or worse (for casuals and veterans).  Based on this and the rankings comprehensive approach, AD is a tier above James.

How come you didn't answer the fact that when punting 3s, AD is 5+ tiers above Harden? :lol:

Edited by HotSauce24
  • Like 1

I don't like punting anymore, because everyone is doing it.  So I go with a softer punt which still allows me to win some of the cats I'm punting against the teams that are also punting those same cats.  I think its a great strategy that boosts your wins throughout the year.  Hard punts also tend to get messed up with injuries, etc.  TO and FG are probably the easiest categories to punt, which makes Harden a great choice, and really no one comes close to Harden if you're punting TO.  I chose AD over Harden this year, which I somewhat regret when Harden is killing everyone.  But I've also won turnovers more times than not, which is still a category, while still beasting in the others, and filling the stocks department.  If I had to do it over I would probably go Harden, but am still super happy with AD.  All this arguing is silly.  You are all smarter than everybody else, I get it.  

Edited by hipriest69
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

lmao

9 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

That's great.

Agree with sauce man . AD is on a tier by

himself, no question. Whether it’s a 9 cat league or a points league. And punting a cat is just strategy , you have to compare and analyze on all 9 cats. I find it idiotic when people say if you have a no punt build you play in a non competitive league. Get a freakin clue guys. It just makes it harder on you, and you have to draft really well. 

1 minute ago, hipriest69 said:

I don't like punting anymore, because everyone is doing it.  So I go with a softer punt which still allows me to win some of the cats I'm punting against the teams that are also punting those same cats.  I think its a great strategy that boosts your wins throughout the year.  Hard punts also tend to get messed up with injuries, etc.  TO and FG are probably the easiest categories to punt, which makes Harden a great choice, and really no one comes close to Harden if you're punting TO.  I chose AD over Harden this year, which I somewhat regret when Harden is killing everyone.  But I've also won turnovers more times than not, which is still a category, while still beasting in the others.  If I had to do it over I would probably go Harden, but am still super happy with AD.  All this arguing is silly.  You are all smarter than everybody else, I get it.  

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Punting is a bit overrated at times. And Harden has been on a terror recently because CP3 has been out for a while, and to a lesser extent Gordon as well. He will cool off some, once the Rockets are back to full health. 

9 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Sadly I know you are genuine in your belief that several of us only use rankings to gauge a player's worth instead of other variables because you seem to double down on this angle.  Or that you think it's mutually exclusive lol.

Again, we are not discussing whether this is the best way to gauge a player.  These rankings however simply do exist for better or worse (for casuals and veterans).  Based on this and the rankings comprehensive approach, AD is a tier above James.

How come you didn't answer the fact that when punting 3s, AD is 5+ tiers above Harden? :lol:

So if we agree that rankings aren't the best way to judge players, why do you think he's a tier above?  Because he is using a bad way to gauge players? Lmao

Sure AD is a tier above if you punt threes. Okay? What's your point? Almost everyone punts turnovers. 

Again, look at how many cats Harden helps you out a bunch in. Look at how many AD does. That's why they're the same tier. I can't explain this any better. 

7 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Agree with sauce man . AD is on a tier by

himself, no question. Whether it’s a 9 cat league or a points league. And punting a cat is just strategy , you have to compare and analyze on all 9 cats. I find it idiotic when people say if you have a no punt build you play in a non competitive league. Get a freakin clue guys. It just makes it harder on you, and you have to draft really well. 

You don't have to compare 9 cats, that's the point.  That's not how you build good teams. If someone was an absolute stud (Z score over 2) in seven cats and an absolute punt in the other two, he could easily be ranked lower than someone who was a 1 Z score in every cat. 

Would that make him a better fantasy player, though? Of course not. I mean, someone could say he was because his ranking was higher, but that would be dumb, right? 

Again, John Collins is a great small scale example of this. 

Edited by Tom Chambers

9 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

So if we agree that rankings aren't the best way to judge players, why do you think he's a tier above?  Because he is using a bad way to gauge players? Lmao

Sure AD is a tier above if you punt threes. Okay? What's your point? Almost everyone punts turnovers. 

Again, look at how many cats Harden helps you out a bunch in. Look at how many AD does. That's why they're the same tier. I can't explain this any better. 

I think so because again, I am using the most standard ranking known to many which accounts for every cat.  I did acknowledge that you can further deduce from that by factoring in cats in my original post, no?

Harden hurts you in more cats than AD does and I can't dumb it down beyond that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

You don't have to compare 9 cats, that's the point.  That's not how you build good teams. If someone was an absolute stud (Z score over 2 in seven cats) and an absolute point in the other two, he could easily be ranked lower than someone who was a 1 Z score in every cat. 

Would that make him a better fantasy player, though? Of course not. I mean, someone could say he was because his ranking was higher, but that would be dumb, right? 

Again, John Collins is a great small scale example of this. 

Your just missing the point. I don’t care how you build good, bad, or elite teams. Or if you punt this or that cat. I’m just comparing 2 players in a 9 cat league, yes on 9 categories. And AD is better then Harden , end of story bro. 

• Like 2

Good lord. Everyone has there own strategy or build on how they try to win leagues. That’s what makes it fun and unique, there is zero script you have to follow as you create your own. This thread was hot so I got worried AD got hurt in practice or something. People it’s a losing battle, you can’t define how one views value, everyone will value each cat or build differently. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 5

The problem is the Tom Chambers guy is playing 8 Cat while we all are playing 9.

He's convinced that everyone is punting TO, like they dont count.Lmao.

No Sir, Not "Everyone" is punting Turnovers. Other than Harden, Westbrook, Embiid, Giannis nobody is "forcing" you to punt TO's anymore .

And if you're actually fleecing people left, right and centre you in fact are the one playing in family leagues. LOL. 

Edited by guess_wh0
?
  • Like 3

Lmao I won about four thousand dollars in yahoo public leagues last year, I can't make you guys understand that h2h isn't roto, but again I guess it's better for people like me that people like you don't get it. 

It's all about guys that help you get your 5-7 winning cats greener and a more consistent victory in those cats, week to week. AD and Harden are in a tier by themselves when it comes to that, neither is better than the other. 

If you don't get it... Well, that's good for those of us that do.🤷‍♂️

37 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Lmao I won about four thousand dollars in yahoo public leagues last year, I can't make you guys understand that h2h isn't roto, but again I guess it's better for people like me that people like you don't get it. 

It's all about guys that help you get your 5-7 winning cats greener and a more consistent victory in those cats, week to week. AD and Harden are in a tier by themselves when it comes to that, neither is better than the other. 

You keep bragging about your winnings.  That alone speaks volumes because no one cares.  Why don't you join my league and try winning some money? :lol:

We all know how H2H works, no need to patronize.

AD is better than Harden and since he has no weakness, he is better than James in every build.  

ad is easier to build around and like someone mention soft punts work very well around ad and it allows you the flexibility to draft better as you don't have to force a punt strategy. it also helps in season as you win categories you aren't great at but when you face a team that went full punt mode on that cat. then its an easy extra pt or 2 depending. add in the flexibility in trades around soft punt build and flexibility for in season option of seeing where other top teams are strong and weak at and building your team accordingly. im not even in a soft punt actually a hard punt assist and I have won it 3 weeks, also in a hard punt ft capela wiggins adams McGee and others and I have won that 4 weeks. you may not consistently win the same cats. every week but there is wiggle room week to week. I have no problem being strong and consistently only win 3 cats each week but have the ability to win 8 on any given week but it takes good in week managing and streaming. 

I haven't see the week 2 week randomness of fg%  10-2, 11-1 on my 2 teams when I focused a little bit on fg% should be 11-1 but kawhi costed me when he sat

1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

If all you can bring to a discussion is your opinion then there is nothing to talk about. I can reference any site to show why AD and Harden aren't in the same tier. Although I agree with your strategy by no means does that put AD and Harden in the same tier because AD gives you a lot more options when building your team. It's clear you have a bias towards turnovers claiming that almost everyone punts turnovers which makes no sense.

The fact you declined Harden for AD is irrelevant because this far into the season your team build is a factor and I am sure you would be punting turnovers even if you made that trade. It's cool keep fleecing people in your random public leagues. Nobody cares how much money you won and unless you can provide any evidence that they are comparable then you're wasting everyone time.

• Like 4