Rotoworld.com Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

This argument is ridiculous and I don't want to add more fuel to it but just wanted to say that although H2H category is the most popular format there are still plenty of people playing in roto or points league where AD is in his own tier. At the end of the day though I think everything has been said on Harden vs AD. For me I wish I owned AD and might wait for another injury scare and offer Giannis and someone for him.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was way ahead of my time. I was like Bruno Caboclo. 2 years away from being 2 years away.

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture,

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...   I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed i

Posted Images

2 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

If all you can bring to a discussion is your opinion then there is nothing to talk about. I can reference any site to show why AD and Harden aren't in the same tier. Although I agree with your strategy by no means does that put AD and Harden in the same tier because AD gives you a lot more options when building your team. It's clear you have a bias towards turnovers claiming that almost everyone punts turnovers which makes no sense.

The fact you declined Harden for AD is irrelevant because this far into the season your team build is a factor and I am sure you would be punting turnovers even if you made that trade. It's cool keep fleecing people in your random public leagues. Nobody cares how much money you won and unless you can provide any evidence that they are comparable then you're wasting everyone time.

Bro, I'm not the one that ignorantly said they weren't on the same tier.  If you know what you're doing in h2h, they clearly are. They both give you huge Z scores advantages across multiple categories. The two or so cats they're meh or bad in, it doesn't matter: in h2h you should be ignoring the worst two cats for players anyway and building your team correctly. 

If you don't get that, okay. But don't blame the messenger. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I get Tom's point and that works for him..but not every competitive league is like that punting TO's. In my competitive league I'm about to win the week SOLEY with TOs because I have super-duper star  AD. I still can't believe I'm ahead since i have a couple injuries too boot as well. This happens. It counts. Even if the guy was theoretically winning there's points assists i got others covered plus TO. Punt is still valid Strat though to each their own 

I agree in part with Tom Chamber's arguments and some of the things that he said.  

However, even in 8 cat AD has a z score of 1.71 and Harden has one of 1.52.  .21 is the value of Nurkic so you'd need Harden + Nurkic to equal AD + WW player.  

Also, something that no one has mentioned is AD's center eligibility.  All things being equal, I will always take a center over a guard.  

The z score plus center eligibility put AD a tier above everyone else.

One might subtract some of his value for perceived injury risk but Harden missed significantly more games than AD this season, so have a lot of stars.  I've stopped paying attention to "injury risk" for young players who are currently healthy.  If someone is actually injured to begin the season then I'll deduct some of his value, but otherwise I've stopped caring.

I'm having one of my best seasons to date and I'm on pace to cash in everyone but one of my large buy-in leagues.  If the season were to end today I would be looking at about 7K in prizes on the season.  Although I've had a 10K gross season before, that was on more volume than this year, and my net this year will probably be my best yet.

Ironically,  I put less time in this year than others, and followed two simple strategies: 1) punt FT% and 2) Draft AD in auction leagues.  I'm doing better in the AD leagues than the punt FT% leagues.  When your entirety strategy consists of drafting one player and you still win you know the game is broken.

DRAFT AD.  

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I'm having one of my best seasons to date and I'm on pace to cash in everyone but one of my large buy-in leagues.  If the season were to end today I would be looking at about 7K in prizes on the season.  Although I've had a 10K gross season before, that was on more volume than this year, and my net this year will probably be my best yet.

Off-topic; how many public leagues are you buying into to net $7-10k, and are they all using LeagueSafe (majority vote) to distribute the winnings? 

3 minutes ago, 80version said:

Off-topic; how many public leagues are you buying into to net $7-10k, and are they all using LeagueSafe (majority vote) to distribute the winnings? 

They’re not public leagues.  All invitation only large buy in leagues.  Most of my leagues are ran by and full of some well known players from this forum.  All league safe, I just roll my winnings over from previous years for buy-ins for the next year.  How many I play is based on how well I did the previous year.  Last year was a down year for me so I’m in 12 this year.  I’ve played up to 20ish.  

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

They’re not public leagues.  All invitation only large buy in leagues.  Most of my leagues are ran by and full of some well known players from this forum.  All league safe, I just roll my winnings over from previous years for buy-ins for the next year.  How many I play is based on how well I did the previous year.  Last year was a down year for me so I’m in 12 this year.  I’ve played up to 20ish.  

let me get in on this next year pls

on-topic: AD is rigged.

Edited by taenggg
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

However, even in 8 cat AD has a z score of 1.71 and Harden has one of 1.52.  .21 is the value of Nurkic so you'd need Harden + Nurkic to equal AD + WW player.  

Also, something that no one has mentioned is AD's center eligibility.  All things being equal, I will always take a center over a guard.  

Where are you seeing AD above Harden in 8-cat? He's above AD in both total and per-game according to BM. With that said I too would take AD over Harden...like you mentioned Center intelligibility tips the scale.

Edited by HK-47
5 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Where are you seeing AD above Harden in 8-cat? He's above AD in both total and per-game according to BM. With that said I too would take AD over Harden...like you mentioned Center intelligibility tips the scale.

Fantasy basketball ninja which uses a standard deviation model similar but slightly different from bbm.  

• Thanks 1
On 2019-01-09 at 10:58 PM, yeet said:

this guy needs to be banned from fantasy, having the first pick gives you such a big advantage it's insane.

I can't help but feel like I started this mess with this comment.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, yeet said:

I can't help but feel like I started this mess with this comment.

You weren't not wrong about the advantage AD's owner has...that's why people play auction instead of snake.  In 9 cat roto I'd MUCH rather have AD for $80 than any other first round player for $70.  But at least in auction everyone has equal opportunity on bidding on him.  I'm not playing snake anymore.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Bkswag said:

In my league, which is a points league .. the AD owner just traded him away for Drummond and Barnes .. I can't wrap my head around it .. what am I missing 

I instantly thought "veto" when I read this, but then I saw "points league" and then I was unsure because I never play those. That said, I do own Drummond and Barnes, and both have been pretty inconsistent this year. I would probably flip them for AD in a heartbeat and feel like I robbed someone.