JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

On 9/2/2018 at 9:32 PM, ballr3 said:

What's everyone's projection for this animal?

I'd say around 27-28...11.5-12...2.7 blocks?

i actually think he he a legit chance to lead the league in scoring and hit 30 ppg+. Cousins 25 ppg has to be reallocated now and AD is even better then 2 years ago.

On 8/29/2018 at 9:15 PM, rage2021 said:

disagree, less mouths to feed. boogie was a huge mouth to feed. Payton and Randle are steps down from outgoing Rondo/Boogie.

AD is my pick to win MVP but they got to win like ~55 games, I am not worried about his eligibility stat wise.

Like I said, don’t see the new cast affecting him much statistically as they move the ball well enough even if they need it in their hands. (Not ideal off ball players)

At most, their depth will affect his minutes but even a reduction wont affect his status in the Pels pecking order. (He’s still my number one pick if I get that lucky) but it also allows AD to sit out games against garbage teams if he’s banged up and their record is okay / he may not be necessarilly rushed back if the rest of the team is clicking.

Proj:

27+ppg (50%, 80% good volume) 1.4 threes (he added it last year and he’s a good shooter), 11 rpg, 3 apg, 1.6 spg, 2.5 bpg, 2.4 TO

Its too bad his playoff schedule is trash.  To me that puts a question on whether or not you absolutely pick him first.  If he had a better schedule I'd take him 1st overall no question.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, arian487 said:

Its too bad his playoff schedule is trash.  To me that puts a question on whether or not you absolutely pick him first.  If he had a better schedule I'd take him 1st overall no question.  

I have PTSD after owning him two years in a row his first two in the league, like an earthquake in LA or Sanford’s heart attacks it feels like the big one is always right around the corner. I feel like he is destined for a snapped ACL as sad as that would be considering I love watching AD. If he’s healthy he is clear #1 but given the choice there’s more durable guys I’m taking over him every time.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 12:45 PM, krupocin said:

I have PTSD after owning him two years in a row his first two in the league, like an earthquake in LA or Sanford’s heart attacks it feels like the big one is always right around the corner. I feel like he is destined for a snapped ACL as sad as that would be considering I love watching AD. If he’s healthy he is clear #1 but given the choice there’s more durable guys I’m taking over him every time.

luckily  I didn't own him till 2016-2017 season had em for two staright years. fell to me in the mid 1st round and I was able to win my leauge back to back till last year.

On 9/8/2018 at 12:45 AM, krupocin said:

If you get first pick in 9 cat and you don't take AD I would say you have reduced your chance of winning by about 20% with just that one pick. Don't make that mistake. Anyone can snap an ACL, AD is not more likely than any other player. Take AD and sleep well, he is miles above anyone else in 9 cat except Durant ... but Durant on the GSW, even though still super elite, is limited in his ceiling and will never get to the fantasy dominance he had with OKC when he averaged like 33. Too many nights where he can chill because other stars taking over and the obvious rest, fake injuries games at important times. 

AD was ranked #2 in 9 cat two years ago and #1 last year by leaps and bounds. He single handily won me my championship last year. You guys can't use injuries and GP as an excuse anymore. (75 games avg played last two years). He's legit the #1 fantasy player especially with boogie gone.

Edited by rage2021

6 minutes ago, richg24 said:

If you get first pick in 9 cat and you don't take AD I would say you have reduced your chance of winning by about 20% with just that one pick. Don't make that mistake. Anyone can snap an ACL, AD is not more likely than any other player. Take AD and sleep well, he is miles above anyone else in 9 cat except Durant ... but Durant on the GSW, even though still super elite, is limited in his ceiling and will never get to the fantasy dominance he had with OKC when he averaged like 33. Too many nights where he can chill because other stars taking over and the obvious rest, fake injuries games at important times. 

I agree with you if you play Roto but generally I play H2H so while AD is an absolute 9 cat beast there are players that can be even more valuable with one category punted. I assume you’re playing Roto since you said he’s miles above everyone except KD. Also AD has played 75 games the last two seasons in a row and never played less than 61 so I think the injury prone thing is more overblown than reality. He’s just prone to a ton of minor injuries but usually plays through them. 

7 minutes ago, krupocin said:

I agree with you if you play Roto but generally I play H2H so while AD is an absolute 9 cat beast there are players that can be even more valuable with one category punted. I assume you’re playing Roto since you said he’s miles above everyone except KD. Also AD has played 75 games the last two seasons in a row and never played less than 61 so I think the injury prone thing is more overblown than reality. He’s just prone to a ton of minor injuries but usually plays through them. 

yes ROTO he kills and 9 cat as well.

Even though KAT and LeBron both played 82 games lol im not making this stuff up its crazy. They both have 7 games on him.

Guys just trust me draft AD and build around him, championship.

BTW he has the highest STOCKS in the LEAGUE.

Own Round Rank Value Name Inj Team Pos g m/g p/g 3/g r/g a/g s/g b/g fg% fga/g ft% fta/g to/g pV 3V rV aV sV bV fg%V ft%V toV
   1 1 1.36 Anthony Davis   NOR F 75 36.4 28.1 0.7 11.1 2.3 1.5 2.6 .534 19.5 .828 8.0 2.2 2.75 -0.71 2.16 -0.33 1.48 4.28 2.12 1.07 -0.59
   1 2 1.06 Karl-Anthony Towns   MIN C 82 35.6 21.3 1.5 12.3 2.4 0.8 1.4 .545 14.3 .858 4.9 1.9 1.79 0.27 3.07 -0.15 -0.20 2.02 2.03 1.24 -0.54
   1 3 0.99 LeBron James   CLE F 82 36.9 27.5 1.8 8.6 9.1 1.4 0.9 .542 19.3 .731 6.5 4.2 3.11 0.71 1.53 3.66 1.52 0.74 2.63 -1.23 -3.77
Edited by rage2021

21 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

yes ROTO he kills and 9 cat as well.

Even though KAT and LeBron both played 82 games lol im not making this stuff up its crazy. They both have 7 games on him.

Guys just trust me draft AD and build around him, championship.

BTW he has the highest STOCKS in the LEAGUE.

Own Round Rank Value Name Inj Team Pos g m/g p/g 3/g r/g a/g s/g b/g fg% fga/g ft% fta/g to/g pV 3V rV aV sV bV fg%V ft%V toV
   1 1 1.36 Anthony Davis   NOR F 75 36.4 28.1 0.7 11.1 2.3 1.5 2.6 .534 19.5 .828 8.0 2.2 2.75 -0.71 2.16 -0.33 1.48 4.28 2.12 1.07 -0.59
   1 2 1.06 Karl-Anthony Towns   MIN C 82 35.6 21.3 1.5 12.3 2.4 0.8 1.4 .545 14.3 .858 4.9 1.9 1.79 0.27 3.07 -0.15 -0.20 2.02 2.03 1.24 -0.54
   1 3 0.99 LeBron James   CLE F 82 36.9 27.5 1.8 8.6 9.1 1.4 0.9 .542 19.3 .731 6.5 4.2 3.11 0.71 1.53 3.66 1.52 0.74 2.63 -1.23 -3.77

What is going on there? Where did AD have a z-score of 1.36 what am I missing?

On 9/13/2018 at 11:35 AM, krupocin said:

I only play H2H actually. AD finished so much higher than the next guy in 9 cat, KAT, at 1.36 to 1.06 that demonstrates how dominant he is compared to the rest of the field in fantasy. That was with about 1/3rd or more of the season with Cousins there too. After Cousins out AD blew up further and was putting up just stupid astronomical lines for months straight. 

The only justification for taking anyone over AD in H2H or roto is 8 cat in which case you can take Harden, personally I would still definitely take AD. 

AD is dominant in every category except for assists and 3s. For 3's, he still gives you a meaningful contribution for a center anyway, and those will probably increase this season as well. His stocks are so damn dominant in H2H, only really Giannis is similar to him in this way. Harden, regardless of 9 cat or 8 cat, is a drag on fg%, and on a cold week, on the volume he shoots, he can solely dictate your fg% in a given week. AD will never destroy a cat for you like that in a week. Turnovers for Harden we don't need to talk about because they are terrible, but if 8 cat that bumps his value a lot. 

If you wanna talk about it more message me but don't make the mistake of not drafting AD if you have the #1. I can fairly say it's not an opinion, it's an objective fact that he is the dominant clear #1 pick. 

Edited by richg24
  • Like 5

Every night, I pray that all these lanky and superstar players like AD, Giannis, Porzingis, Embiid and likes don't get injured.

So much talent gets wasted from injuries and lanky players look so vulnerable to them.

Show us the battle of dragons and tigers... Season 18-19!

• Haha 1

AD needs a 10th category of heart-attacks given to his owners for injury scares. probably had like 4 last year where i thought my season was over. 

15 hours ago, BMart519 said:

People should start posting some auction prices for AD in here, can't wait to see him crack $100

Got him for $73 in my 10-man league, paired with Harden at $72

5 hours ago, akund said:

Got him for $73 in my 10-man league, paired with Harden at $72

lol the classic $140+ on two top 5 players. it's kinda fun cause you can finish off a joint and a 6 pack before having to worry about picking again, then you just hope that others blew a lot of their budget so you can get some steals very late on the cheap

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/19/2018 at 8:07 PM, brosephd said:

AD needs a 10th category of heart-attacks given to his owners for injury scares. probably had like 4 last year where i thought my season was over. 

I have AD in one of my leagues, and just got the #1 pick in another h2h league.  Am considering Harden but hate the drag on FG and automatically losing TO, and also considering KAT with the probable Butler trade.  Just in case AD gets hurt both my teams aren't ruined lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

I have AD in one of my leagues, and just got the #1 pick in another h2h league.  Am considering Harden but hate the drag on FG and automatically losing TO, and also considering KAT with the probable Butler trade.  Just in case AD gets hurt both my teams aren't ruined lol

Go 4 KAT and just sit back and chillax :D  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1967.jpg

Anthony Davis "doesn’t want to be in New Orleans any longer," according to ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.

After Davis parted ways with longtime agent Thad Foucher to sign with Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, rumors began circulating that AD wanted to land in L.A. Here's the full quote from Stephen A. Smith, speaking on ESPN’s Get Up!: "He definitely wants out. He signed with Klutch Sports. Anthony Davis doesn’t want to be in New Orleans any longer. Whether it’s definitively the Los Angeles Lakers I’m not so sure. I would keep Golden State and Boston in the mix... There is no question that this will in all likelihood be his last season in New Orleans."
Sep 28 - 9:39 AM

Just some usual click-bait from big-mouthed Stephen-A or you think this is legit? He did just change management. Pretty lame though. These "trade-requests" and super-team building are some of the most disappointing aspects of the NBA. 

If it is true, which is very well might be, does this affect Davis at all in terms of Fantasy? I mean I would expect him to play hard as he does, but it sounds like his new management might already be in his ear. With Towns likely to go Bananas sans Butler, Davis with a "loose" injury concern (although he may be rounding the corner on that), and now a big ?? on his future and committment and the possibility of a trade. It is getting very tempting to bump Towns up to #1...

I mean..what has NO done to surround him with the talent necessary to compete? Its Garrett all over again. Except AD is probably better lol.

Apparently the latest Superstar who will not be resigning and/or demanding a trade from his team.  This is a really bad look for the NBA.  I'm sick of this and I'm sure many others are too....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Apparently the latest Superstar who will not be resigning and/or demanding a trade from his team.  This is a really bad look for the NBA.  I'm sick of this and I'm sure many others are too....

I agree.  They need to institute a franchise tag.  Force some of these players to stay in their situations and make their teams better instead of forming these ridiculous super teams.

4 minutes ago, superjew said:

I agree.  They need to institute a franchise tag.  Force some of these players to stay in their situations and make their teams better instead of forming these ridiculous super teams.

Adam Silver and Michelle Roberts to blame. both should be fired for this nonsense i dont see any preventative steps taken to limit these.

GSW with KD turned a lot of people off I know.

• Like 1