JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

5 minutes ago, montanski said:

So, you want to tell me that this trade is realistic? First of all, there is no way Knicks to be involved in Davis trade, in which he goes elsewhere. Second of all, they trade 2 of their starters for trash SG, crazy contract and unproven reserve C + couple of 2nders which will be 55-60. And in the end - Pels get bunch of role players, crazy contract (THJ) and the 29th pick in 2020... That`s not funny anymore.

Not if they are getting a possible 1st or 2nd round pick to get rid of players they have publicly made available in trades? Pay attention to what's going on out there. They don't want Kanter or THJ. Pels get a bunch of role players LMAO. Pelicans get all the good young Lakers, THJ and Kanter's expiring contract. It's called assets buddy and actual good players. And also, did you not read the bottom of my post that said this doesn't have to be the EXACT trade, but if this works, the major pieces are there. You just have to move around picks and small contracts. You probably stopped reading at this point anyway because of your ADHD.

Edited by hamburglar628

21 minutes ago, montanski said:

Of course he won't sign an extension until his free agent year.... more money.  

Also, let's address the empty threat which Davis won't re-sign anywhere he's traded and will sign as a UFA in 2020 with LA.  You think Lebron's going to have a 2nd "developmental" wasted year waiting for Davis to become a UFA?  Not likely.  Lebron's patience is already being tested this year and he'd be 35.5 by the time Davis becomes a UFA.  Lebron's clock is ticking and if they don't get Davis by this summer, they're going to move on to plan D, which is looking at guys like Kemba or Dame or maybe Butler and tie up cap space long-term.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

What about?

lakers get: AD and Randle

NOLA gets: vuc, Ross, Ingram, kuzma, zubac and draft picks 

ORLANDO gets: Ball, Hart, KCP 

LAKERS get their target and a big who can instantly help out in place of zubac or kuzma, NOLA gets younger and has a chance to resign vuc to a deal if they want to keep him, while Orlando gets the full restart and replaces vuc with actual youth and talent...  just guessing but I think this works out for all 3.

starters:

Lakers:

Rondo, Stephenson, LBJ, AD, Randle

NOLA:

elf, jrue, Ingram, kuzma, vuc

Orlando:

Ball, Hart, Isaac, Gordon, Bamba

i kinda like this scenario for all involved 

Just another trade where the Magic get a** ****** to fulfil your fantasies.  The Magic don't want Ball and Hart.  They've already turned down better deals.  Stop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hamburglar628 said:

Not if they are getting a possible 1st or 2nd round pick to get rid of players they have publicly made available in trades? Pay attention to what's going on out there. They don't want Kanter or THJ. Pels get a bunch of role players LMAO. Pelicans get all the good young Lakers, THJ and Kanter's expiring contract. It's called assets buddy and actual good players.

Kanter will be buyed out, he will not be traded, not from Knicks, not from Pels. THJ`s contract is awful and Knicks are shopping him in recent weeks unsuccesfully. All of these are reports. The good young players in LAL is actually only Kuzma. Ingram, Ball, Hart, Zu - all are question marks and trade value is lower than ever. Just look at the trade that Spurs made with Toronto and you will realize that there are plenty better offers than that Lakers will make. If the offer was the best, LBJ/Rich Paul wouldn`t do this circus 10 days before the deadline. This type of "creative ideas" gave us Lakers fans the title "most delusional".

15 minutes ago, hamburglar628 said:

Shhhh....don't think out of the box here. You got some cookie cutters in this forum that don't believe in creativity. There's so many ways to make these trades work once you add in a 3rd team and start trading your picks. But Shhhh, just read fantasy stats and nothing else on this forum.

I can make the deal even better for the Lakers to be honest and it might be the deal that comes through because it is definitely overwhelming as the pelicans say 😂😂😂

Lakers: elf, Randle, AD

NOLA: Vuc, Ross, Ingram, Kuzma (zubac if they want him) magic 2019 1st, Lakers 2020 first and 2022 first

Magic: Ball, Hart, KCP And Zubac if NOLA doesn’t want him 😂😂😂 Lakers 2019 first and second and 2020 second 

im just saying the picks could be a little more complicated but if that’s the player structure... I don’t think any gm could complain

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Just another trade where the Magic get a** ****** to fulfil your fantasies.  The Magic don't want Ball and Hart.  They've already turned down better deals.  Stop.

So we’re gonna assume the magic do the usual magic thing and let vuc walk away this summer without anything in return? 

I like all these deals that have the Lakers getting Randle. Like cmon, they let that man walk away, I doubt they would want him back.

I can make the deal even better and more realistic.

Lakers get: AD + Jrue + PG + Kemba

Pels get: Kuzma + Ingram + Lance + Ball + Zubac + 5 2nd round picks of their choice

Thunders get: Mcgee + Hart + Magic and faraway relatives of Kardashian girls 

Hornets get: KCP + Wagner + Walton + right to swap picks of their choice for the next 2 decades

Looks more realistic for Lakers fan boys these days lol. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

So we’re gonna assume the magic do the usual magic thing and let vuc walk away this summer without anything in return? 

He's stated he wants to stay and they've stated they wanted to keep him.  The only issue is that he wants a 4+ year max deal and they don't want that.  They're haggling over the details and I'm 50/50 as to whether he will stay.  Everyone assumes he's gone but most of you are either just going off your hunch or national reporters who don't know s--- and aren't paying attention to the local Orlando beat reporters. 

In any case, getting Lonzo is a net negative.  I don't think he's going to be a starting quality pg.  You ignored the part where I said they've already turned down better offers.  There were rumors they might be able to get McCollum for either Gordon or Vuc and that didn't gain traction.  There was a rumor about the Celtics giving up Rozier, picks, and other assets.  That package would have been better than Ball and the Magic weren't interested.

I would rather have Vuc walk for free and start a true rebuild free of salary than to take on Ball.  Another option is to sign Vuc over the summer and shop him next year if things don't work out.  This gives the Magic more time to find a starting quality point guard over the summer or find a suitable trade. 

Personally, if Bamba and/or Gordon have so much trade value I'd rather trade them, along with the expiring Ross for a starting quality point guard, and resign Vuc.  Everyone has this "if  you're not gunning for a championship  you should tank" mindset, which they got from Philly.  While I don't disagree entirely, I don't think it's appropriate in this case because even if the Magic tank from here on out they're not finishing in the bottom five because there are worse teams.  Whoever they are able to draft next year is unlikely to be better than Vuc, even in their prime, so dumping Vuc for nothing is just damning them to suck for the next five years.  Keeping him might be dooming them to mediocrity but if they can address other needs over the summer they can at least make a playoff push.  I know this is against the mindset of most of you, but merely making the playoffs is an accomplishment for a small market team.  But if you get rid of Vuc you're not getting a better player who actually wants to stay in Orlando, so if I was GM I would have already paid him.

4 minutes ago, montanski said:

This is a team I thought about yesterday.  It makes a ton of sense but I can't think of a good deal for New Orleans.

Brogdon, DiVincenzo, Middleton, and Maker with a 1st???  

Not sure that moves the needle.

• Like 1

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

This is a team I thought about yesterday.  It makes a ton of sense but I can't think of a good deal for New Orleans.

Arguably they have more assets than the Lakers and a Bledsoe/Giannis/AD team would be better than any team the Lakers could put together.  Of course, this doesn't fit the narrative of him wanting to go to a bigger market.

7 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I would rather have Vuc walk for free and start a true rebuild free of salary than to take on Ball.  Another option is to sign Vuc over the summer and shop him next year if things don't work out.  This gives the Magic more time to find a starting quality point guard over the summer or find a suitable trade. 

Wrong thread to discuss it anyway but that's just wrong. It's never a good decision to let something walk for free. Especially for the Magic 1)why not try if a 21 year old can be useful, 2)if he doesn't prove that useful just swap him with some picks or other young players from a team that is willing to give him a shot.

I cannot imagine how taking on Lonzo's 8M is worse than starting a true rebuild free of salary. Salary was never the problem of Magic anyway, nobody that is good wants to sign there.

Edited by RipCity0

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Not sure that moves the needle.

Depends on the direction, that Pels want to go from now. It`s interesting trade. Jerry West type of trade, in which the team goes in semi-rebuild mode. If Pels can package Solomon Hill`s crazy contract with Davis to a 3rd team and gain another team`s pick, the trade will look very good.

But if they want Zion (if NBA make a another lottery gift to NY) or that Memphis unprotected 2021 1st+Tatum, they will wait.

7 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Arguably they have more assets than the Lakers and a Bledsoe/Giannis/AD team would be better than any team the Lakers could put together.  Of course, this doesn't fit the narrative of him wanting to go to a bigger market.

Yea, I mean I keep looking at the Lakers assets and the more they play, the worse they look.  I like Kuzma and think he could be a 3rd scorer on a contending team but he really only scores and not all that efficiently.  He's also a little older than most 2nd year guys (24 this summer) although probably nothing which would make a team ding him for it.  Ingram hasn't gotten better playing with Lebron and frankly is a below replacement level player now.  He has a lot of potential but will he ever unlock it?  Can he learn to playing winning basketball or will he be a stat slut without affecting wins and losses?  Ball can play but I dislike the circus around him.  I actually like Zubac.  Hart looks like he can be a good rotation player but nothing that will make an impact.  A team would really have to think they can develop Ingram and Kuzma could add to his game.... I don't know, I think I'd rather have a top 3 pick in this draft than either guy.  Hello Knicks!!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Wrong thread to discuss it anyway but that's just wrong. It's never a good decision to let something walk for free. Especially for the Magic 1)why not try if a 21 year old can be useful, 2)if he doesn't prove that useful just swap him with some picks or other young players from a team that is willing to give him a shot.

I cannot imagine how taking on Lonzo's 8M is worse than starting a true rebuild free of salary. Salary was never the problem of Magic anyway, nobody that is good wants to sign there.

You're right, it's not the appropriate place to discuss.  I'm not the one who brought it up.  I only said something in rebuttal to the ridiculous trades where the Magic are the third team to deals I know they would never do.

But you're incorrect about it never being smart to let someone walk for free.  The Jazz let Millsap and Al Jefferson walk for free and were criticized for it.  Turns out they were smart to not take on bad salary in a trade.  Ball isn't a starting quality point guard, but he might be better than Augustin.  You guys tend to contract yourself.  The reason to trade Vuc is to tank.  But then you think Ball is an asset...which means not tanking as hard.  Ball isn't leading a team to the playoffs but he might get them a few wins they wouldn't have otherwise gotten.  So if you're really going to tank, you should go all out, which means letting Vuc leave for nothing.  

I think it really comes down to what Boston is offering and if AD refuses to commit long term anywhere.

Ainge is reportedly not caring if AD commits to resigning.

If Tatum and Memphis+Sacramento pick is on the table without a commitment...

Im not saying it'd be a done deal, but NO is definitely going to ride this thing into the summer.

We can argue back and forth the value of the Lakers young players vs Boston, but once AD hits the roster none of the Lakers picks are going to be particularly good.

Even as it stands now both Memphis and Sacramento picks are better.

Edited by jsquints
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, montanski said:

Depends on the direction, that Pels want to go from now. It`s interesting trade. Jerry West type of trade, in which the team goes in semi-rebuild mode. If Pels can package Solomon Hill`s crazy contract with Davis to a 3rd team and gain another team`s pick, the trade will look very good.

But if they want Zion (if NBA make a another lottery gift to NY) or that Memphis unprotected 2021 1st+Tatum, they will wait.

That's the rub.  I love Brogs and some of the other dudes are interesting but they're all role players.  Are any of those guys the 2nd best player on a championship level squad eventually?  I doubt it.  Same with another team which will sniff around in Toronto.  It'll be a bunch of role players who are good but you have a shot to get a foundational player.  The more I look, I think I'm coming to the conclusion the Lakers offer is the same.  Good potential but are any of those dudes going to really be guys I think I can build around and be a playoff contender?  Now let's look at the money.  Can I get Tatum?  Can I get a top 3 pick in the lottery?  I think I would rather have those assets to build around then anything else....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, durel_arroyo said:

I can make the deal even better and more realistic.

Lakers get: AD + Jrue + PG + Kemba

Pels get: Kuzma + Ingram + Lance + Ball + Zubac + 5 2nd round picks of their choice

Thunders get: Mcgee + Hart + Magic and faraway relatives of Kardashian girls 

Hornets get: KCP + Wagner + Walton + right to swap picks of their choice for the next 2 decades

Looks more realistic for Lakers fan boys these days lol. 

Lakers get: Giannis + Davis + Doncic

Mavericks get: Ball + Ingram + Zubac +  cure for HIV

Pelicans get: Lebron + Barea + Hart

Bucks get: Holiday + Kuzma + Mykhailiuk + cure for HIV

Now to answer your questions:

Q: Why would the Lakers trade Lebron?

A: Because they get Giannis, Davis, Doncic

Q: Why the hell would the Mavericks do that trade?

A: Cuban is a businessman and knows the cure for HIV is worth billions

Q: Why the hell would the Bucks do that trade?

A: They also get the cure but also bow down to the Lakers because that's what fans expect other teams to do. Plus, Mykhailiuk is the next coming of Klay. Or so the Bucks are told. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's the rub.  I love Brogs and some of the other dudes are interesting but they're all role players.  Are any of those guys the 2nd best player on a championship level squad eventually?  I doubt it.  Same with another team which will sniff around in Toronto.  It'll be a bunch of role players who are good but you have a shot to get a foundational player.  The more I look, I think I'm coming to the conclusion the Lakers offer is the same.  Good potential but are any of those dudes going to really be guys I think I can build around and be a playoff contender?  Now let's look at the money.  Can I get Tatum?  Can I get a top 3 pick in the lottery?  I think I would rather have those assets to build around then anything else....

Middleton potentially. I mean, he is the second best player on the team with the best record in the NBA. The problem is, they don't need the second best player on a championship team. They need a player with a ton of potential.

10 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Middleton potentially. I mean, he is the second best player on the team with the best record in the NBA. The problem is, they don't need the second best player on a championship team. They need a player with a ton of potential.

Middleton isn't the 2nd best player on the Bucks by almost any advanced metric.  He's their 2nd highest scorer but not their 2nd best player.  He also is 27 and has a PTO and will want to get overpaid.  If he's the core of the deal, it's a pass for me.

12 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Middleton isn't the 2nd best player on the Bucks by almost any advanced metric.  He's their 2nd highest scorer but not their 2nd best player.  He also is 27 and has a PTO and will want to get overpaid.  If he's the core of the deal, it's a pass for me.

2nd in scoring, 2nd in defensive rating, 2nd in rebounds, 3rd in assists, and 3rd in steals. I'd say he is the second best player. Either way, I agree it's a pass if he is the main guy in a deal which is why Bucks won't get Davis. 

46 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Lakers get: Giannis + Davis + Doncic

Mavericks get: Ball + Ingram + Zubac +  cure for HIV

Pelicans get: Lebron + Barea + Hart

Bucks get: Holiday + Kuzma + Mykhailiuk + cure for HIV

Now to answer your questions:

Q: Why would the Lakers trade Lebron?

A: Because they get Giannis, Davis, Doncic

Q: Why the hell would the Mavericks do that trade?

A: Cuban is a businessman and knows the cure for HIV is worth billions

Q: Why the hell would the Bucks do that trade?

A: They also get the cure but also bow down to the Lakers because that's what fans expect other teams to do. Plus, Mykhailiuk is the next coming of Klay. Or so the Bucks are told. 

Lebron doesn't get traded without Lebron.... lol! why the HELL would lebron agree to that?

57 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

brog 50/40/90 with ability to get to the rim and finish. don't know how much is the team he is on but brog looks legit (he is 26)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

You're right, it's not the appropriate place to discuss.  I'm not the one who brought it up.  I only said something in rebuttal to the ridiculous trades where the Magic are the third team to deals I know they would never do.

But you're incorrect about it never being smart to let someone walk for free.  The Jazz let Millsap and Al Jefferson walk for free and were criticized for it.  Turns out they were smart to not take on bad salary in a trade.  Ball isn't a starting quality point guard, but he might be better than Augustin.  You guys tend to contract yourself.  The reason to trade Vuc is to tank.  But then you think Ball is an asset...which means not tanking as hard.  Ball isn't leading a team to the playoffs but he might get them a few wins they wouldn't have otherwise gotten.  So if you're really going to tank, you should go all out, which means letting Vuc leave for nothing.  

Cmon man if you want to tank you tank, Lonzo is not getting in the way. Teams are tanking "successfully" with much better players than Lonzo on their roster. And as I said you can swap him for picks or other young guys. Letting go of assets for free is not the way.