JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

Sure, let's say the league can force the team to play AD. But they can't control how much they play him, he can play like 20 minutes a night (he can still be useful in 20 minutes I guess in fantasy). Random rest days for minor injuries like "general soreness", how can the league enforce that? If he doesn't get traded before the deadline, his value in fantasy is looking real bleak

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jimmy21 said:

So, is this looking like a guarentee? Pelicans say they arent interested in trading him now and if they dont trade him he will sit.

Nothing is a guarantee, I don't think the Pelicans front office is even 100% about their decisions.  Even if they were none of us works for the Pelicans so we don't really know and anyone know thinks they know is overconfident and a charlatan.  That said, it doesn't look good, and it's looking even worse now that Demps isn't answering the Laker's calls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

 

Who cares about AD quitting?  Probably everyone who cares about basketball except you and a few others.

 

Nice comparison to Robin Lopez.  Which draft pick was taken away from the Bulls again???

 

No, no one cares about if you call AD a quitter.  People who care about fantasy basketball care if he plays or not.

 

And no draft picks were taken from the Bulls BECAUSE THEY PLAYED ROBIN LOPEZ, you know, the exact issue we're talking about here?

 

3 minutes ago, ragrag said:

 

A lot to lose if they don’t play him or if they don’t trade him?  

 

I think the Pels are in a better position in both cases. Better off not trading him and letting Bos make an offer they can’t refuse this Summer. && better off not playing him bc they know how a devistating injury can ruin a trade chip (see Boogie). 

 

 

 

They have a risk either way.  Play him and he blows an ACL?  They lost on some value on trade return.  Don't play him and the NBA takes a draft pick or two?  There was no point in tanking anyway.  Injuries are a risk for every basketball team, the Pelicans aren't special in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All professional sports contracts need to have clauses to prevent prima donna mofos from sitting out and arm twist their teams for a trade.  No play then no pay. No play then give back part of guaranteed sign on bonus. What ever happened to putting up career numbers on contract years??  Even though I was quick to add Jahlil in the wake of AD's finger injury, I only have about 40% of AD's value in return.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HispasianTuna said:

I got an offer of Dwayne Wade for AD. Should I take it? :(

Lol...I would only trade AD for someone who if healthy could be a difference maker otherwise there is no point.  Not necessarily a first round player, but at least top 50, or in a package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have AD, but if I did, I would try as hard as I could to trade him ASAP because more than likely he is not going to be traded at the deadline, and I do not think he is going to play another game for the Pelicans. 

 

And if I was the Pelicans, I would not play him.  What is the point?  He doesn't want to be there.  Send him home.  They should want to lose as much as possible at this point.  And they can absolutely do it like the numerous other instances (Hello Z-Bo. How many minutes have you played this year?)  Yes AD would be the best player of these situations, but you cannot force a team to play someone.  They don't need to make up an injury.  They just don't play him. Out of the rotation.

 

As for where he goes, I can tell you one thing for sure, he is definitely not going to be traded to the Lakers.  The Pelicans would be ridiculously stupid to do so, especially right now.  I just don't see Ingram, Kuzma, or Ball ever becoming close to franchise guys, or even the second best player on a championship team.  Unless anything the Lakers offer is the best offer they get (which I cannot believe it will), then the best course of action is to wait until the summer, see what Boston would be willing to do, and wait to see who gets the #1 pick in the draft, and reassess accordingly. 

 

If Boston were willing to include Tatum, that is better than anything the Lakers can give.  I actually think Jaylen Brown has more upside than Ingram, Kuzma, or Ball, but I am sure I am in the minority on that.  And other rumored deals are better than what the Lakers can give like Denver (Jamal Murray, Porter, picks), Sixers (Simmons -although I don't see it happening), Knicks (Zinger or if they get the #1 pick), etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

I got an offer of Dwayne Wade for AD. Should I take it? :(

 

It's Wade. The greatest 2 guard of all-time. Take it and run. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

 

No, no one cares about if you call AD a quitter.  People who care about fantasy basketball care if he plays or not.

 

And no draft picks were taken from the Bulls BECAUSE THEY PLAYED ROBIN LOPEZ, you know, the exact issue we're talking about here?

 

 

They have a risk either way.  Play him and he blows an ACL?  They lost on some value on trade return.  Don't play him and the NBA takes a draft pick or two?  There was no point in tanking anyway.  Injuries are a risk for every basketball team, the Pelicans aren't special in that regard.

 

I literally have no idea what you're even talking about anymore.  Lopez was playing 1 quarter per game, and wanted to play more, but that was the Bulls way of dealing with him to placate to the league.  And Lopez sucks, so him playing a quarter would be a little more explainable than AD playing a quarter, if that's the web you're even trying to weave.  I don't even know anymore.

 

I agree nobody cares if "I" call him a quitter, just like nobody cares if you use all bold caps like a hardo.  But people care if AD quit on his team whether you play fantasy or not.  And if he didn't bring all this upon the Pelicans, he's still be the top 3 player on a team fighting for a postseason, and the chance of them making the postseason would be worth the risk of injury just like it is with every player on every competitive team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

I got an offer of Dwayne Wade for AD. Should I take it? :(

 

No. Other team is a vulture and trying to usurp and prey on your fears.  A player like Wade can be found on the waiver wire.  If for whatever reason AD decides to play, you would be in tears after the trade.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

I got an offer of Dwayne Wade for AD. Should I take it? :(

 

Geez. I feel insulted as a fellow AD owner just seeing this. Times sure are dire right now 😖😖

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy league sites should create a new roster position to accommodate this type of issue that appears to become a norm. How about a position spot called POS?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Truth_Returns said:

I literally have no idea what you're even talking about anymore. 

 

I can tell.  :lol:

 

1. The conversation that's pertinent to this forum is if AD plays, when, for how long, and with what frequency. 

 

2. Last year, when the Bulls sat Robin Lopez, they were threatened with the harshest penalties.

 

3. The harshest penalties ever seen are taking draft picks.  Five consecutive first round picks, specifically.

 

4. The Bulls acquiesced, they played Lopez.

 

5. There is a very, very likely probability that the league will threaten the Pelicans with the harshest penalties, too.

 

6. So it's no guarantee that the Pelicans will decide that the best course of action for their franchise will be to shelve AD.

 

Which part didn't you get?  Keep in mind that him being or not being a quitter isn't in here, because it doesn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

 

No. Other team is a vulture and trying to usurp and prey on your fears.  A player like Wade can be found on the waiver wire.  If for whatever reason AD decides to play, you would be in tears after the trade.  

 

But I'm in tears already lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

 

I can tell.  :lol:

 

1. The conversation that's pertinent to this forum is if AD plays, when, for how long, and with what frequency. 

 

2. Last year, when the Bulls sat Robin Lopez, they were threatened with the harshest penalties.

 

3. The harshest penalties ever seen are taking draft picks.  Five consecutive first round picks, specifically.

 

4. The Bulls acquiesced, they played Lopez.

 

5. There is a very, very likely probability that the league will threaten the Pelicans with the harshest penalties, too.

 

6. So it's no guarantee that the Pelicans will decide that the best course of action for their franchise will be to shelve AD.

 

Which part didn't you get?  Keep in mind that him being or not being a quitter isn't in here, because it doesn't matter.

 

Yuck Yuck Yuck

 

1.  And Robin effing Lopez is pertinent?

2.  See #1

3. How is this pertinent?  It was for collusion.

4.  See #1

5. Says you, and any "harshest penalty" will go poof when AD says he's hurt

6. Agreed, but it certainly looks that way.

 

Him quitting doesn't matter to you.  We get it man.  But it doesn't change the reality of the situation.  And if you want it narrowed down in terms of fantasy, all those people left with a giant untradeable zero on their roster, are dealing with that because a guy quit on his team.  That's a tough pill to swallow for folks in high stakes leagues, and an even tougher pill to swallow for folks paying for Pelicans tickets.

 

And him quitting is absolutely pivotal to understanding his value ROS.  If you believe he's quit on the team, its 0.  If you believe he hasn't, and wants to play, there is no way for the Pelicans to prevent him without getting threatened.  So quitting is the key issue that determines everything ROS.

Edited by The_Truth_Returns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

blame Adam Silver and NBAPA more. and how do u fine only 50k lmao. IMO we need another lockout to address some fundamental problems.

 

and I am  sorry the supermax just ISNT WORKING. Kawhii, now AD. its useless so get rid of it and try something else.

 

this league is turning into a complete joke. eveyr 6 months its something different.

 

I just think you need a commissioner with a spine, Silver is the furthest from that. 

 

I don't know.  I think Silver has been good for the sport on the whole, but you're right - this situation is pretty strange and the league isn't coming off well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

 

I can tell.  :lol:

 

1. The conversation that's pertinent to this forum is if AD plays, when, for how long, and with what frequency. 

 

2. Last year, when the Bulls sat Robin Lopez, they were threatened with the harshest penalties.

 

3. The harshest penalties ever seen are taking draft picks.  Five consecutive first round picks, specifically.

 

4. The Bulls acquiesced, they played Lopez.

 

5. There is a very, very likely probability that the league will threaten the Pelicans with the harshest penalties, too.

 

6. So it's no guarantee that the Pelicans will decide that the best course of action for their franchise will be to shelve AD.

 

Which part didn't you get?  Keep in mind that him being or not being a quitter isn't in here, because it doesn't matter.

 

AD is worth 100s of millions of dollars to the Pelicans franchise right now.Either as a player or in trade. A major injury and its all gone. Its not exactly the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HispasianTuna said:

 

But I'm in tears already lol. 

 

Same here. It is annoying.

 

I had the #1 pick and did consider taking KAT but because he was Butler's soft biyatch and wasn't sure how long the drama would last, I went with AD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

 

2. Last year, when the Bulls sat Robin Lopez, they were threatened with the harshest penalties.

 

3. The harshest penalties ever seen are taking draft picks.  Five consecutive first round picks, specifically.

 

Before this season, the Board of Governors voted to allow Commissioner Adam Silver to fine teams who sit healthy players for high-profile, nationally televised games or rest multiple healthy players for any game and any healthy player for road games.

 

When Lopez and Holiday began missing multiple games, the league office and Bulls began cordial and cooperative dialogue that led to Tuesday’s development. No fines were issued, sources said, because the Bulls cooperated so readily.

 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-robin-lopez-justin-holiday-20180306-story.html

 

Although it was reported the Bulls were warned by the NBA, the team official said nothing threatening was issued by the league. The Bulls had dialogue with the league during the all-star break about their long-term plan, as a result the league recently determined that sitting Robin Lopez and Justin Holiday falls under the ‘resting healthy players guideline’.

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/bulls-warned-nba-about-benching-veteran-starters-will-now-play-robin-lopez-justin-holiday

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jsquints said:

 

AD is worth 100s of millions of dollars to the Pelicans franchise right now.Either as a player or in trade. A major injury and its all gone. Its not exactly the same thing.

 

How is he worth "100s of millions" in a trade?

 

The guys they get back will be nowhere near AD's status and the team will be terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

 

Yuck Yuck Yuck

 

1.  And Robin effing Lopez is pertinent?

2.  See #1

3. How is this pertinent?  It was for collusion.

4.  See #1

5. Says you, and any "harshest penalty" will go poof when AD says he's hurt

6. Agreed, but it certainly looks that way.

 

You can take a horse to water.

8 minutes ago, jsquints said:

 

AD is worth 100s of millions of dollars to the Pelicans franchise right now.Either as a player or in trade. A major injury and its all gone. Its not exactly the same thing.

 

That can be said for any team and major injury.  But if the NBA takes the next five years of the Pelicans draft picks, will it have been worth it to not play him "just in case"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

 

Before this season, the Board of Governors voted to allow Commissioner Adam Silver to fine teams who sit healthy players for high-profile, nationally televised games or rest multiple healthy players for any game and any healthy player for road games.

 

When Lopez and Holiday began missing multiple games, the league office and Bulls began cordial and cooperative dialogue that led to Tuesday’s development. No fines were issued, sources said, because the Bulls cooperated so readily.

 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-robin-lopez-justin-holiday-20180306-story.html

 

Although it was reported the Bulls were warned by the NBA, the team official said nothing threatening was issued by the league. The Bulls had dialogue with the league during the all-star break about their long-term plan, as a result the league recently determined that sitting Robin Lopez and Justin Holiday falls under the ‘resting healthy players guideline’.

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/bulls-warned-nba-about-benching-veteran-starters-will-now-play-robin-lopez-justin-holiday

 

 

Yes, they were threatened.  And the league already had the power to take away draft picks. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ReplacementLevelPoster said:

 

I don't know.  I think Silver has been good for the sport on the whole, but you're right - this situation is pretty strange and the league isn't coming off well. 

The League to step against their own child, who just needs help. I want to see this! The League doesn`t give a s*it for the fans, fans` feelings or how someone will react in fantasy forum to its reactions or in this case - non-reactions. And the reason is so simple:

RdTd.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

 

How is he worth "100s of millions" in a trade?

 

The guys they get back will be nowhere near AD's status and the team will be terrible.

 

I believe he's saying comparing him to the jabroni Brook Lopez isn't comparable.  That AD is essentially that entire franchise, which is worth Billions, when it comes to ticket sales, marketing, advertising, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

 

I believe he's saying comparing him to the jabroni Brook Lopez isn't comparable.  That AD is essentially that entire franchise, which is worth Billions, when it comes to ticket sales, marketing, advertising, etc.

 

That's WHY they'd come down harder lmao

 

If they threatened the Bulls over not playing a scrub, why wouldn't they threaten the Pels over not playing a superstar?  

Edited by Pyschout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.