JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

1 minute ago, bsu27 said:

That is absolute s--- compared to the Lakers deal 

Says you.  Maybe the Pelicans don't want their best case scenario to be turning into the 30 win 2017/18 Lakers.

34 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

If in fact the Pelicans are being serious with their demands, I highly doubt any team will offer the 6 picks required in addition to young players and vets. There was the report that prior to AD signing ethnic Rich Paul, the team was trying to dissuade it from happening. This wild trade request may be out of pure pettiness.

Per Brad Turner of LA Times:

”The Lakers have been adamant that they will not get into a bidding war this summer with the Boston Celtics, who are another team that has been associated with Davis, one source said.

The Lakers have even said that if the Pelicans revisit the trade during the summer, Los Angeles’ offer will be less than what it is now.”

By throwing out this wild request of a honeypot off picks and assets, that has to surely dissuade most teams from offering what would now seem like a low ball offer. That is, again, if pettiness isn’t a factor and the trade demands are actually serious.

If the demand is true, it is based on the quality of the players they are getting back.  This would not be the same request to all teams I suppose.

They know none of the Lakers players have superstar potential.  But by getting their picks that far into the future (you cannot trade a pick two years in a row so it would be every other year), they are betting on a Lakers downfall in the future given Lebron's decline, Davis' health, and the aftermath of what happens to a team (Cavs, Heat, Present Cavs) when Lebron leaves that team.  Those picks could be high draft picks at that point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

That is absolute s--- compared to the Lakers deal 

I like tatum but he does nothing outside of shooting, hence why smart and morris are starting. they both cover for what kyrie and tatum cant

10 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Yeah, I disagree completely.  Tatum is a future perennial all-star, the Kings pick will probably be at the back end of the lottery, and Grizzlies pick very likely top-3 in 2 years.

The Lakers could give 5 1st Rounders and they'd all be worthless development picks in the high 20's if Davis is paired with Lebron.  Ball is a dreadful shooter, and comes with huge baggage. Kuzma is Ryan Anderson reincarnated, and offers little defensively.  Ingram probably has the most potential of the bunch, and could be a future all-star.

I get it dude.

Tatum is the new MJ, plus they are getting 2 Zion's from those 2 picks.

Ball/Ingram/Kuzma are Euroleague bench players.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, babyfaceassasin said:

I like tatum but he does nothing outside of shooting, hence why smart and morris are starting. they both cover for what kyrie and tatum cant

That's just wrong.  He's a very good defender, has no weakness.  He always makes the right basketball play on both sides of the floor.

• Like 1

Just now, dekciw_1 said:

I get it dude.

you're more right than wrong

1 minute ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

That's just wrong.  He's a very good defender, has no weakness.  He always makes the right basketball play on both sides of the floor.

The Celtics’ defensive rating with Jayson Tatum on the floor gets worse by 16 points per 100 possessions in losses vs. wins. Do your research

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

I get it dude.

agree or not Tatum's value is many orders of magnatude higher than any of these Lakers players.  That's the bottom line...if the Lakers had a single young player with higher upside they'd have a deal.

• Like 2

All the salty AD owners and Celtics/Lakers fans can argue back and forth all they want but if AD isn’t traded by Thursday then obviously the Celtics assets are viewed as more valuable.  Is what it is. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

So you actually Think there is going to be a trade before the deadline?

The Pelicans brass should trade him for the last reported Laker's offer.

But I genuinely do not know if a trade will go down before the deadline. Pride is a big deal when it comes to powerful people.

• Like 1

Might as well lock this thread for awhile, we just have people being fans in this thread now.  No one cares about the real NBA teams you guys like, fellas.  We're here to talk fantasy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Pelicans are just absolute morons and a terrible run organization. Good luck when Boston offers you some wack package and then you come back to LA ready to accept the deal only to have Magic laugh in your face.

So, next summer NO calls LA and says: You can have AD for Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma  + picks

Magic:  No, I am not taking AD of your hands. You had a chance. Now I am laughing in your face

Chances of that happening are higher than me becoming the next US president (I am Canadian)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I don’t want bull**** hypothetical deals. Yeah trading Davis for Giannis is a great move but it’s unrealistic. Knicks won’t do that. Or maybe they will who knows it’s the Knicks.

And what hypothetical deal you want? We can discuss only LAL`s offer and every other is bull****, right?! Do you think Knicks will not give Zion for AD?

The best offer for NOLA is the 1st pick in NBA 2019 Draft. That`s another reason for them to wait. That`s it. If Knicks get the 1st, they will try for AD, if not - Pels will choose between Lakers and Celtics. But the best offer is Zion and it`s not even close, no matter for which team all of us is rooting.

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

So, next summer NO calls LA and says: You can have AD for Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma  + picks

Magic:  No, I am not taking AD of your hands. You had a chance. Now I am laughing in your face

Chances of that happening are higher than me becoming the next US president (I am Canadian)

Trump is our president we'll take a Canadian, you already offered you can't take it back

29 minutes ago, montanski said:

Draft day. Knicks are rewarded with the first pick few weeks before that day. Zion is healthy and led Duke to the title. They know KD is coming (i am sure he will leave GSW, by the way) and they propose to Pels that package:

1. Knicks 1st rd pick in 2019

2. Knicks 1st rd pick in 2021 (if Knicks land another in some deal will be better)

3. Mavs 1 st rd pick in 2021 (unprotected)

4. Mavs 1 st rd pick in 2023 (1-10 until 2025)

5. Knicks 2 nd rd pick in 2019

6. Rockets 2 nd rd pick in 2019

7. Hornets 2 nd round pick in 2020

8. Hornets 2 nd round pick in 2021

9. Kevin Knox

10. Mitchell Robinson

11. Frank Ntilikina

That is the trade that NOLA will want. Not Lakers youngsters, not Boston`s. The first pick for Zion. And that`s the best hypothetical offer out there. 8 picks + 3 young kids. Pels are not some desirable destination and doesn`t matter what core they will get LAL`s or C`s they will not push them right away in the standings. But if they land the "next big superstar", that will bring back the fans, the money, the TV coverage. That Kuzma/Ball/Ingram or Tatum/Brown can`t do. Not right immediately. And even if they become superstars 2 or 3 years in the future, they will leave NOLA, because they are mercenaries, not draftees and the team is in rebuild. AD stayed more and that`s the hope - their next big draftee to stay enough to give the team another shot.

That`s the trade i would looking if i am Pels GM.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh god, if you actually think the NY front office is going to give all that for Davis for an year, you're kidding yourself. Nobody is topping the Lakers' offer. Cause nobody needs to win right now with LeBron aging except the Lakers.

1 minute ago, montanski said:

And what hypothetical deal you want? We can discuss only LAL`s offer and every other is bull****, right?! Do you think Knicks will not give Zion for AD?

No, they won't. And that's if they even get Zion with the 14% chance. 14% is not a lot, folks. There's an 86% that the Knicks won't even get Zion.

This is why the Lakers' offer right now is the best offer that they're going to get. And walking away from it will be the dumbest move in Pels history. It'd be on par with Charlotte declining 4 first round picks from Boston to draft Frank Kaminsky.

Just now, Apollo_87 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh god, if you actually think the NY front office is going to give all that for Davis for an year, you're kidding yourself. Nobody is topping the Lakers' offer. Cause nobody needs to win right now with LeBron aging except the Lakers.

Why 1 year rental? AD said NY is preffered destination. And again - it`s hypothetical deal with so many ifs, but better than Lakers/Celtics. With KD and Kyrie on board, he will stay. Maybe nobody will top the Lakers offer now, but in the future who knows. That`s the question - whether NOLA will bet on the present offer or future offers. These GMs are paid for that - to make decisions which can result in success or failure.

Just now, Jimmy21 said:

I dont get why people think teams are going to be willing to sell their future for a 1 year rental

^ This so much. The Lakers are the only team willing to do that because 1. they have a championship timer cause of LeBron, and 2. they've finally realized that they suck at player development.

2 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

No, they won't. And that's if they even get Zion with the 14% chance. 14% is not a lot, folks. There's an 86% that the Knicks won't even get Zion.

This is why the Lakers' offer right now is the best offer that they're going to get. And walking away from it will be the dumbest move in Pels history. It'd be on par with Charlotte declining 4 first round picks from Boston to draft Frank Kaminsky.

acting like we know this is craziness lol...

• Like 1

Just now, montanski said:

Why 1 year rental? AD said NY is preffered destination. And again - it`s hypothetical deal with so many ifs, but better than Lakers/Celtics. With KD and Kyrie on board, he will stay. Maybe nobody will top the Lakers offer now, but in the future who knows. That`s the question - whether NOLA will bet on the present offer or future offers. These GMs are paid for that - to make decisions which can result in success or failure.

How about this then:

Bucks trade away Giannis + 4 first round picks + Middleton + Bledsoe for AD

It's a preferred destination, and better than the Lakers offer. But it's ridiculous, and won't happen, just like your hypothetical Knicks trade.

• Haha 2

Just now, Apollo_87 said:

How about this then:

Bucks trade away Giannis + 4 first round picks + Middleton + Bledsoe for AD

It's a preferred destination, and better than the Lakers offer. But it's ridiculous, and won't happen, just like your hypothetical Knicks trade.

Giannis and AD would be sick.

1 minute ago, srb said:

acting like we know this is craziness lol...

Not really.

It's like saying Charlotte would be stupid to decline 4 first round picks from Boston, just to draft Frank Kaminsky. Sometimes, a ridiculous offer is obvious.

13 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Not for nothing, but OP never said Magic would decline the trade. In your situation, I still think Magic would be laughing because that package would be significantly less moving pieces than the final offer placed today.