JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

36 minutes ago, Quazza said:

He must have read my post .....

Hopefully he reads this and has a complete game...  His FT% was a** but the rest was good.

Still, with how good the rest of the line was tonight, it almost seems like nitpicking.

5 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Hopefully he reads this and has a complete game...  His FT% was a** but the rest was good.

Still, with how good the rest of the line was tonight, it almost seems like nitpicking.

Seems? It is lol

27 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

Regression to the mean ..we all know how this will end up end of the year.

AD winning mvp and finishing #1 fantasy player you mean my friend ?

4 hours ago, royalm said:

Seems? It is lol

I know, but somebody had to nitpick I suppose instead of everyone posting the same thing.  Unfortunately I chose to do it I guess. :)

There really has been little to complain about with Davis obviously, except it would be great if he could get his %'s back up to around his career averages.  It should happen at some point the further he is removed from his elbow injury, but it was a bit frustrating there for a while since he's somebody that should help carry you in FG% and I was struggling there for a bit since he wasn't doing that.  This will all probably be moot by the end of the season, but it never hurts to talk about that in the meantime.

3 hours ago, rage2021 said:

Regression to the mean ..we all know how this will end up end of the year.

Regression to the mean is only

applicable when a player is performing well beyond his own mean or well beyond where you’d reasonably expect him to finish.  Last year AD finished with a z score of 1.24 compared to this year of .94 so he’s actually underperforming.  

24 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Regression to the mean is only

applicable when a player is performing well beyond his own mean or well beyond where you’d reasonably expect him to finish.  Last year AD finished with a z score of 1.24 compared to this year of .94 so he’s actually underperforming.  

I think he was referring to AD's free throw percentage.

Hopefully he can get back above 80%, I really need it this year.

Just now, kane said:

he is playing

I love you man errr i mean, oh, ok cool

• Haha 1

Just don't watch the Pelicans.  You can watch anyone else but I promise you this-Just don't watch AD's games.  At the end of the game appreciate his 40/10/5 stocks lines or whatever but don't stake your emotions on whether or not he's playing.  You'll be so much happier.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Just don't watch the Pelicans.  You can watch anyone else but I promise you this-Just don't watch AD's games.  At the end of the game appreciate his 40/10/5 stocks lines or whatever but don't stake your emotions on whether or not he's playing.  You'll be so much happier.

Take it a step further: complete media blackout on Pels games.  Check boxscore and post match report only.

Once a week there's a Pelicans game where you get social media and rotoworld updates which go something like 'Davis to the locker room.  Status unknown' and then a quarter later 'Davis back on the bench.  Looks ready to return'.  After the game it's 'Davis looked to have hurt his (insert body part) but still ended up with 35/15/7 blocks.  Availability for next game unknown'.  He ends up playing and dominating.  Rinse and repeat.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam
  • Like 1

AD dominating this Nuggets squad. They have no answer for his versatility. With Randle and Mirotic defending the Nuggets big guys AD is free to roam on defense and save energy

Edited by Cdub2k

He was able to play the lanes today and the Pels basically left J Murray open all night because he was ice cold

10 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

I think he was referring to AD's free throw percentage.

Hopefully he can get back above 80%, I really need it this year.

He's clearly reading this thread.  20/21 is a nice little boost.

Is it just me or is he getting to the line like crazy this year?  Which is adding even more to his massive point totals (back to back 40 point games, nice) ...and if he can get and keep his FT% back into the 80s, well :D

By the way, if you are reading this big guy, we love you.  Stay healthy, and take as many mid-game "bathroom breaks" as you need.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

First 5 by 5 game in the NBA in 3 years, only the 4th in the last 12 years.

Edited by Carlos Correa
  • Like 5