Rotoworld.com Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was way ahead of my time. I was like Bruno Caboclo. 2 years away from being 2 years away.

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture,

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...   I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed i

Posted Images

After witnessing the swift trades on Porzingis and Tobias, more teams will trade and the whole AD trade talk, rumor mill and speculations will amount to nothing, zero, nada.  AD will remain in NO and Pels will probably shutting him down for the rest of the season. 

5 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

After witnessing the swift trades on Porzingis and Tobias, more teams will trade and the whole AD trade talk, rumor mill and speculations will amount to nothing, zero, nada.  AD will remain in NO and Pels will probably shutting him down for the rest of the season. 

There never were real AD rumors. If i were the pelicans i would not trade AD at the deadline either. Atleast not for the guys the lakers have to offer. They can add as much rotation players as they like ..... the offer is missing superstar potential or a great draft pick!

1 hour ago, Fantasyhero said:

There never were real AD rumors. If i were the pelicans i would not trade AD at the deadline either. Atleast not for the guys the lakers have to offer. They can add as much rotation players as they like ..... the offer is missing superstar potential or a great draft pick!

Well whatever their plans are, they will regret passing on the lakers offer.  Book it.  Either way, we are tired of the Demps and Klutch sports drama, say you wont trade him at the deadline and move the fk on.  Shut him down or dont, quit making it a gessing game.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, bballshinobi said:

I don't think the Lakers will miss the playoffs if they get AD and fill the rest of roster with buyout/rental players. Here are the potential buyout players:

Carmelo

Wes Matthews

Denadre Jordan

Garrett Temple

If you have Lebron and AD, all you need are 3&D players

with Sixers trade for Tobias they are buyers too.  And as a player, you have a choice: go to the Lakers if (they will not imo) get AD before deadline and lose in 1st round or go to  Sixers and have a real shot at title.

Interesting choice to make. 

Good 3&D players are not that easy to find, even Warriors are looking for more of them

1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

Well whatever their plans are, they will regret passing on the lakers offer.  Book it.  Either way, we are tired of the Demps and Klutch sports drama, say you wont trade him at the deadline and move the fk on.  Shut him down or dont, quit making it a gessing game.

The lakers offer if true is not that great if you take a close look. The center of their package are around 2 young players who can't shoot in todays nba with 2 first round picks which are most likely ended up as late picks. If they wait till the summer then all the other nba teams will have time to review their season and make their offers which pels may find the picks and young players who has higher potential then dealing with lakers before the deadline.

• Like 3

Laker offer or not, the way the Pels have handled this has set them back years. Extremely Petty. From removing Davis from the intro video right away, to the team's social media pages to reeling Lakers along with no intention of a trade, asking for 8 picks, sitting down a healthy AD. This isn't the first time a star has asked for a trade and won't be the last. Neither did AD threaten to sit out or force a trade right away. 

No player was going to sign in NO as it is but they've rubbed front offices & agents the wrong way as well now. You don't have to make trades but dealing in good faith is integral. Extremely unprofessional, juvenile ownership. 

1 minute ago, guess_wh0 said:

Laker offer or not, the way the Pels have handled this has set them back years. Extremely Petty. From removing Davis from the intro video right away, to the team's social media pages to reeling Lakers along with no intention of a trade, asking for 8 picks, sitting down a healthy AD. This isn't the first time a star has asked for a trade and won't be the last. Neither did AD threaten to sit out or force a trade right away. 

No player was going to sign in NO as it is but they've rubbed front offices & agents the wrong way as well now. You don't have to make trades but dealing in good faith is integral. Extremely unprofessional, juvenile ownership. 

I tend to agree on this. The spectacle did not have to be this level of grandeur.

9 minutes ago, guess_wh0 said:

First, AD knows he cannot just refuse to play on his own and sit out.  Say he just sat out on them next year if they don't trade him, that year basically does not exist for him and he will lose his ability to become a free agent in 2020, so that is why he does not threaten it.  Why do you think Butler didn't threaten sitting out?  And the timing of the trade request was an attempt to force the Pelicans to deal him to the Lakers before the deadline.  They know the situation with Boston.

Look, maybe the video/social media erase was a little petty given how quick they did it, but they are moving on.  Why keep advertising a player that doesn't want to be there anymore?  They were put in a tough spot.  They didn't ask for this.  They were trying to keep AD and add pieces to try and win.  How they are handling the Lakers talks is smart.  They have leverage and they are using it.  They are acting in good faith, but ultimately they just want the best possible deal to move forward and although they don't think the Lakers deal is, they can use it to make sure they get it from somewhere else. That's business.  The Lakers called them I am sure before they called the Lakers.   

And this is not a typical trade situation because the best offer cannot be taken until the summer.  If they could trade with Boston now, the trade would be done.  If they don't trade him before the deadline and they decide to not play AD the rest of the season, that is also smart and in the best interest for both parties.  He is a lame duck player at this point.  Why risk losing his trade value by playing him?

For me, nothing about this is unprofessional or juvenile - on both sides.  

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

First, AD knows he cannot just refuse to play on his own and sit out.  Say he just sat out on them next year if they don't trade him, that year basically does not exist for him and he will lose his ability to become a free agent in 2020, so that is why he does not threaten it.  Why do you think Butler didn't threaten sitting out?  And the timing of the trade request was an attempt to force the Pelicans to deal him to the Lakers before the deadline.  They know the situation with Boston.

Look, maybe the video/social media erase was a little petty given how quick they did it, but they are moving on.  Why keep advertising a player that doesn't want to be there anymore?  They were put in a tough spot.  They didn't ask for this.  They were trying to keep AD and add pieces to try and win.  How they are handling the Lakers talks is smart.  They have leverage and they are using it.  They are acting in good faith, but ultimately they just want the best possible deal to move forward and although they don't think the Lakers deal is, they can use it to make sure they get it from somewhere else. That's business.  The Lakers called them I am sure before they called the Lakers.   

And this is not a typical trade situation because the best offer cannot be taken until the summer.  If they could trade with Boston now, the trade would be done.  If they don't trade him before the deadline and they decide to not play AD the rest of the season, that is also smart and in the best interest for both parties.  He is a lame duck player at this point.  Why risk losing his trade value by playing him?

For me, nothing about this is unprofessional or juvenile - on both sides.  

Agree.  The Pels didn’t roll over and they fought back against Rich Paul’s bully tactics.  The Pels stood up for themselves and didn’t let the swirling tornado of lies force their hand.  They know what they want for a return and it’s not the lakers mediocre talents and even less valuable draft picks.  If they wanted the return the lakers had to offer, they’d have taken it, but they don’t.  

Edited by nospmoht04
1 hour ago, guess_wh0 said:

Kinda disagree on this bit. Everyone from a front office perspective is on the Pels' side in my opinion - they're not fans of the Lakers, and they're not fans of big time players demanding trades with over an year left on their contract.

• Like 1

Whatever side your on, I don't think NOP gets a better deal then Lakers offering during the summer. Its a depressed market with AD openly wanting to go to LA (See Kawhi value/Spurs) Like realistically what is going to top the Lakers offer? Boston? You think Ainge isn't going to try and screw another GM again? I be surprised if he included Tatum at this point, plus AD camp is devaluing Boston as a destination.

Demps is the worst GM in sports and should be fired, they had 6-7 years to do something with this generational talent, and nothing to show for it. I don't blame AD at all man for wanting to leave.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

Whatever side your on, I don't think NOP gets a better deal then Lakers offering during the summer. Its a depressed market with AD openly wanting to go to LA (See Kawhi value/Spurs) Like realistically what is going to top the Lakers offer? Boston? You think Ainge isn't going to try and screw another GM again? I be surprised if he included Tatum at this point, plus AD camp is devaluing Boston as a destination.

Demps is the worst GM in sports and should be fired, they had 6-7 years to do something with this generational talent, and nothing to show for it. I don't blame AD at all man for wanting to leave.

I don’t think Demps is the majority decision maker here.  

6 minutes ago, nospmoht04 said:

I don’t think Demps is the majority decision maker here.  

symantics. fine Demps + ownership + assistants. whoever makes the final calls.

Do we know for a fact that ownership blocked or interfered with his role? If not, that it lies on DEMPS.

I read a few days ago that the Saints have a board of decision makers and they will be heavily involved in the Davis decision making along with gayle benson.  I’m just saying, it’s not like 1 man made some fluke decision. 

4 hours ago, guess_wh0 said:

disagree with basically everything you are saying. obviously AD leaving sets them back years regardless of how it was handled. precisely why they want young talent that could turn into a superstar....the picks the Lakers offer will be garbage with AD and Lebron together...so, they essentially know exactly what they are getting back from ingram and crew...and like its been mentioned, Lakers are contacting NO, not the other way around...the way Pels is handling it i think actually endears them to front offices are they are showing they arent going to cave just becuase a star wants out and the only people knocking are the lakers...

and id remove all signs of AD, videos etc too... hes no longer part of the team.

• Like 1