JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

Just now, RingMyBell said:

Its obvious in this chat who owns AD and who owns Jahlil. All the Jah owners pushing to "protect" AD.  Its laughable.

no one is "pushing"... just dealing in reality.....

Just now, RingMyBell said:

Its obvious in this chat who owns AD and who owns Jahlil. All the Jah owners pushing to "protect" AD.  Its laughable.

I have neither

So it isn't smart to protect their most valuable asset?  An asset that is an injury prone superstar player who doesn't want to be there, demanded a trade, and won't sign an extension with you?  Something they didn't ask for. Not smart to protect that asset while attempting to get the best value you can out of him (Boston deal most likely)? 

So there's 2 ways this goes.

1. Pelicans go for 1 last hurrah and try to make the playoffs and play AD.

2. Random DNPs (mostly on the road and non-nationally televised games), reduced minutes and the Pelicans start tanking a bit.

A full tank and him getting completely shut down isn't likely to happen simply because the optics of that are too bad - from the league perspective as well as from the paying Pelicans fan perspective. It won't fly. However, if there's anything like a minor-injury or even a light bruise, expect him to be given ample time to heal.

So all AD owners, while it's not ideal, it isn't the end of the world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Breaking News.

Danny Ainge overheard on the phone at 3:05 pm: "I'm sorry, I meant Jaylen, not Jayson. You must have misheard me." 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Breaking News.

Danny Ainge overheard on the phone at 3:05 pm: "I'm sorry, I meant Jaylen, not Jayson. You must have misheard me." 

Works for me 

56 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

So there's 2 ways this goes.

1. Pelicans go for 1 last hurrah and try to make the playoffs and play AD.

2. Random DNPs (mostly on the road and non-nationally televised games), reduced minutes and the Pelicans start tanking a bit.

A full tank and him getting completely shut down isn't likely to happen simply because the optics of that are too bad - from the league perspective as well as from the paying Pelicans fan perspective. It won't fly. However, if there's anything like a minor-injury or even a light bruise, expect him to be given ample time to heal.

So all AD owners, while it's not ideal, it isn't the end of the world.

cliff paul with great pearls of wisdom

3 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

I’ve got both. It’s the only way to not be entirely disappointed. 

To win without AD seems impossible. He's that awsome. Blocks you have a huge hole. His Steals are great. The FG%. the low TOs. You can't recover from that loss. 

if you lose your first rounder you can call it a season....the teams on top of leagues are just to good. 

Just now, Fantasyhero said:

To win without AD seems impossible. He's that awsome. Blocks you have a huge hole. His Steals are great. The FG%. the low TOs. You can't recover from that loss. 

if you lose your first rounder you can call it a season....the teams on top of leagues are just to good. 

I know because I'm on top 

11 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

I’ve got both. It’s the only way to not be entirely disappointed. 

Only reason I didnt pick up Jah was because I didnt think AD would be out long, and he hadnt requested a trade. lol.  By the time it got out, I got sniped.