Rotoworld.com Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

February 7, 2019

NEW ORLEANS – TNew Orleans Pelicans General Manager Dell Demps released the following statement today:

“Anthony Davis will play the remainder of the 2018-19 season for the New Orleans Pelicans. A number of factors contributed to this decision. Ultimately, Anthony made it clear to us that he wants to play and he gives our team the best opportunity to win games. Moreover, the Pelicans want to preserve the integrity of the game and align our organization with NBA policies. We believe Anthony playing upholds the values that are in the best interest of the NBA and its fans. We look forward to seeing Anthony in a Pelicans uniform again soon.”

Someone got a phone call from the commish.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was way ahead of my time. I was like Bruno Caboclo. 2 years away from being 2 years away.

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture,

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...   I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed i

Posted Images

Just now, Gile Pile said:

So, will he play 37 min per game ROS?   or will it be 20 - 25 with rest days?

I can still see him shut down early March with "real" injury

20 mins of AD is still better than most. 

Also the league will likely keep a close watch, they r not stupid. 

Congrats to all the owners who hung on.  I traded him last week.  I did not think they’d be playing him if he wasn’t traded, I’m really surprised.   We’ll see if he does late in the season all through the fantasy playoffs.  Either way it’s been a good time going back and forth in here over the last week.  ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Just now, HotSauce24 said:

20 mins of AD is still better than most. 

Also the league will likely keep a close watch, they r not stupid. 

And if AD gets injured?  It will be interesting to see what happens next time when star requests a trade. Or  a star doesn't want to play with  "real: injury?

It is a very slippery slope if league office got involved and forced NO to play AD. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

And if AD gets injured?  It will be interesting to see what happens next time when star requests a trade. Or  a star doesn't want to play with  "real: injury?

It is a very slippery slope if league office got involved and forced NO to play AD. 

If AD gets injured, only Pels have themselves to blame. 

They dragged this out and here we are. 

There is also the players union, where the NBA has likely the most powerful one. 

Edited by HotSauce24
2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I can foresee that as well.  However, as I've said AD has a zscore of 1.2 on about 37mpg.  Even if he players 20 mpg, he'd presumably still have a zscore of .7 which would still leave him in first round territory.  Considering people were panicking just a few minutes ago I'd say that's pretty good.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Pelicans will regret putting themselves in this situation. They can't even full out tank and will pay the most injury prone superstar in the league. Recipe for disaster.

So, they sit him for the rest of the season and then everyone criticizes them (justifiably so).  They do the right thing for their fans and the league and they still get criticized?  Ok, maybe they can have him wear an actual bubble around him the rest of the season and then he stays healthy and still plays?

Once again, sure, he could get hurt.  Everyone knows what he is, so it's not like an injury he'd likely be over before next season anyways would change team's desire to trade for him.

They are doing the right thing here.  People need to get over it.  Can we just get back to people who actually own Davis?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, nospmoht04 said:

Congrats to all the owners who hung on.  I traded him last week.  I did not think they’d be playing him if he wasn’t traded, I’m really surprised.   We’ll see if he does late in the season all through the fantasy playoffs.  Either way it’s been a good time going back and forth in here over the last week.  ;)

20 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Shout out to all the haters

If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

• Thanks 1
  • Root Admin
5 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I think (stress think) that he'll play over 30+ minutes in the games he plays.  I also see a lot of "rest - load management" games as well as playing it really safe with an minor injuries or aches that come about.  AD is famous for these and leaves games early all the time but usually will play thru them.  I expect him to get the night off with these.  I'd be surprised if he played 80% of the rest of the season.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

February 7, 2019

NEW ORLEANS – TNew Orleans Pelicans General Manager Dell Demps released the following statement today:

“Anthony Davis will play the remainder of the 2018-19 season for the New Orleans Pelicans. A number of factors contributed to this decision. Ultimately, Anthony made it clear to us that he wants to play and he gives our team the best opportunity to win games. Moreover, the Pelicans want to preserve the integrity of the game and align our organization with NBA policies. We believe Anthony playing upholds the values that are in the best interest of the NBA and its fans. We look forward to seeing Anthony in a Pelicans uniform again soon.”

Someone got a phone call from the commish.

Didn't multiple posters insist this would happen and all kinds of people argued with them that it never would?

"What if AD gets hurt?!?!?!"

What if ******** any star gets hurt, the franchise is screwed, what else is new?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I think (stress think) that he'll play over 30+ minutes in the games he plays.  I also see a lot of "rest - load management" games as well as playing it really safe with an minor injuries or aches that come about.  AD is famous for these and leaves games early all the time but usually will play thru them.  I expect him to get the night off with these.  I'd be surprised if he played 80% of the rest of the season.

What I'll say is that a lot of times AD would miss those little games here and there it was because Pelicans were concerned with putting him through pain. Now however, they really do not care about his medium term health and thus might be more inclined to let him play through some of those (disregarding long term injury risk of course)