Rotoworld.com Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was way ahead of my time. I was like Bruno Caboclo. 2 years away from being 2 years away.

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture,

If brow sits I’ll retire from fantasy basketball until the nba institutes a rule for this style of sh!t...   I spend my hard earned bucks to play in a competitive league only to be stabbed i

Posted Images

Just now, Kobe824 said:

Feeling happy about trading for him now...but will this last? Let's hopeeee

He has a zscore of 1.3.  That's like having Kyrie (.61) and Towns (.69) COMBINED.  As long as he plays, even if it's limited minutes, it will continue.  

2 minutes ago, ssolitare said:

I was willing to go down with the ship. Hopefully everything turns out okay. This is just game 1.

Yep, the whole season rides on March 11th to 31st for standard H2H leagues.  Gonna be interesting to watch this play out. 

I have never seen anything like it. NOLA was down by, what, 18 points, then AD comes in and sparks the comeback. Guys who were sucking, like the Kenrich kid, suddenly get open looks, get hot, and the whole team is cooking.

Then AD sits, and it's a painful quarter of Minny slowly coming back. Minny just ran out of time.

This saved NOLA from a super-awkward situation. How do you sit AD in a competitive game, and thus lose it?

[I'm looking at AD on the court now. He has a strange look on his face. I'm wondering if he was hoping NOLA lost.]

This saga is not over. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

They played him exactly 25 minutes just like Silver ordered. If there's no significant backlash to what they're doing, that will be the limit.

I wouldn't be shocked. And if so, NOLA is one small, petty organization.

In case we didn't know.

It's amazing how negative everything is in here when Davis played and had a monster game.  Sure, it sucked that he didn't play in the 4th quarter, which obviously would have never happened if the situation was normal.  Still, 3 quarters of Anthony Davis is still better than 4 quarters of almost everybody in the league.

Would I fault people for trading him now since he may not play in any back-to-backs?  No, but still, Davis is going to play in plenty of games, and this is by far a better scenario than it could have been.  Obviously he's not going to go 11-15 from the field every game he plays, but damn, it's as if he only played a quarter and will only play once a week in here right now.

I couldn't even finish the game though tonight because of Jeff Van Gundy.  I tried to tolerate him going on and on about Anthony Davis all game, but then he decided to throw in a couple more rants at the end of the game instead of actually commenting on what was going on.  The last one also proves that he doesn't check his facts, as he said that it's ridiculous that a player can decide when he wants to play.  If it was up to Anthony Davis, he would be playing in every game, including back-to-backs.  If it was up to him alone, there wouldn't be any situation now that he wasn't traded.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

We have no indication that Pels primarily want Boston picks. Remember one pick of theirs can be impacted by the Clippers performance.

I disagree, in the off chance that AD pairs up with Kyrie in Boston, the team will have to go against better lineups in the Sixers, bucks etc. Pels were a playoff team last year with arguably less talent.

Bottom line, I think they dragged this out and now find themselves in a precarious situation.

drag this one out? AD request a trade like a week ago lol.... It makes perfect sense from business point of view to see all the offers before making the decision. If there is anyone to blame, you need to blame lakers themselves for sucking at draft, if lakers draft tatum in 17 and maybe one of Murray, Brown or Hield in 16, AD deal to lakers could have been done already. In reality the whole world other than lakers knows that its better to wait till the summer to see more offers.

This tank is so obvious its funny. Okay you’re only playing him 25mpg. Why not space it out over 4 quarters so AD can help close out games?

I dont see this working at all. At some point AD might ask to be sent home out of frustration. Also I feel bad for Gentry who had to look at his bench today and look past a healthy AD to sub in Check Diallo to close the game. Im sure he’d love to play AD and win as much as possible. Instead hes being forced to participate in these politics.

I believe that if AD/Rich Paul didn't publicly admit that they requested a trade, the Pels could have possibly covered this up with an injury excuse and shut him down for the rest of the season. It's all about optics for the league showing that they are somehow still in control.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, ber said:

drag this one out? AD request a trade like a week ago lol.... It makes perfect sense from business point of view to see all the offers before making the decision. If there is anyone to blame, you need to blame lakers themselves for sucking at draft, if lakers draft tatum in 17 and maybe one of Murray, Brown or Hield in 16, AD deal to lakers could have been done already. In reality the whole world other than lakers knows that its better to wait till the summer to see more offers.

AD did them a favour by requesting a trade instead of making them wait and sacrifice their future. Case in point, they got rid of Niko for picks. 

Edited by HotSauce24