JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

1 minute ago, j3rkthenurk said:

You obviously missed the piece of news where the Pels would get fined $100k for each game he sits out.

The NBA denied that report yesterday

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 1

Fine wasn't real, but NBA did tell them they have to play him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/11/sports/nba-anthony-davis-fines.html

Mike Bass, an N.B.A. spokesman, said Monday that “the Pelicans were advised that the team had not identified a proper basis” to hold Davis out of games.

“League rules governing competitive integrity therefore require that he be permitted to play,” Bass said.

Idk what's going on tonight.  There's no way AD actually gives effort and scores 3 points with 6 rebounds.  Either he's doing this on purpose, or the pelicans told him to play like this.

Glad I sold for George as he played the B2B games this weekend, if for nothing else my sanity avoiding the circus. 

Davis had an awful game, so yes, the world is ending.

It continues to amaze me how everything is the worst case scenario on here when something bad happens, but everybody cracks open the bubbly and dances the jig after a really good game or two.  It's as if they didn't happen at all now.

Edited by KilloWertz

I haven't watched the game tonight, but according to the commissioner in one of my leagues, AD " did not even come out of the locker room time for half-time warm-ups.".

I wonder what is going on in that locker room

Wouldn't be a shock if he didn't play again after the all star break or shortly after that the way this is playing out. Clearly zero effort tonight. 

• Like 1

Nobody knows exactly what’s going to happen. The game was a blowout, AD made real efforts and took some pretty horrible shots tonight on double teams and Vucevic (who isn’t a defensive stud) in his grill at times. Just make moves if you’re scared or hold true if you aren’t. I’m sitting tight and watching closely, best you can do.

14 minutes ago, Tierjerk said:

Nobody knows exactly what’s going to happen. The game was a blowout, AD made real efforts and took some pretty horrible shots tonight on double teams and Vucevic (who isn’t a defensive stud) in his grill at times. Just make moves if you’re scared or hold true if you aren’t. I’m sitting tight and watching closely, best you can do.

when you say he took horrible shots, do you mean he shot the ball towards the hoop horribly, or like he got beat up?

7 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

when you say he took horrible shots, do you mean he shot the ball towards the hoop horribly, or like he got beat up?

Forced, contested shots but maybe weren’t serious here lol. Mb if u weren’t

Edited by chud12

Anthony Davis started on Tuesday, but hit just 1-of-9 shots for three points, six rebounds and three blocks in 24 minutes in a brutal 118-88 loss to the Magic.

Well, that's not a good look. Normally, when a star falters like this they simply had a 'bad' or 'off' night, but things are a little different with Davis and the Pelicans after his trade demands and the fact he's still there. Coach Alvin Gentry has already said that Davis will play on Thursday against the Thunder (the Pels will be fined $100K every time he gets a healthy scratch), but his words after the game weren't exactly encouraging. "We sucked," Davis said. "Seemed like nobody was interested in playing." So, he demanded a trade, didn't get it, and is now calling out teammates? Additionally, Gentry said after the game that "he's done" talking about AD. If you own Davis and he's stressing you out too much, wait for him to have a better night before trading him. His fantasy value's probably as low as it's ever been when he's healthy.

source: Andrew Lopez on Twitter

when you guys saying the 100k fine report was fake news, here is another report talking about it. This is horrible when Gentry said: he is done. Really hope Pelican can right the ship and show some integrity to the game. Crossing my finger and am ready to go down with the ship. Thanks AD for a wonderful dream of winning championship this season. 

“We sucked,” Davis said. “Nobody was interested in playing, that’s what it looked like. You play a team like that fighting for a spot, you should expect that to happen.”

Davis played 24 minutes and finished with three points, six rebounds and three blocks while shooting 1-of-9 from the field.

He was on the floor early as Orlando led by 20 points just eight minutes into the game. The Magic took a 28-point lead in the first quarter and never looked back.

https://www.nola.com/pelicans/2019/02/anthony-davis-on-pelicans-loss-to-orlando-we-sucked.html

Just my opinion,: I think NBA should allow Pelicans to shut down Davis for rest of the season in order to protect integrity of the game.  It seems that the rest of the Pelicans clearly do not want AD out there playing.  Effort is just not there.

Stay tuned for next episode in never ending soap opera...

1-9 for 3 points and only 24 minutes without any injury? 

Forget rookie year. That have got to be the worst game of his life. At any level. 

2 hours ago, Bosaii said:

Glad I sold for George as he played the B2B games this weekend, if for nothing else my sanity avoiding the circus. 

George? As in PG13 Gorege?

Wow nicely done I guess. 

55 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Forced, contested shots but maybe weren’t serious here lol. Mb if u weren’t

I was serious, lol. I didn't watch but the guy said that AD was out there trying so it's unlike him to take bad shots. I could see bad shots if he didn't care and just chucked it, but if he's trying, no reason for him to do so badly.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JoeDub_Taiwan#1 said:

Anthony Davis started on Tuesday, but hit just 1-of-9 shots for three points, six rebounds and three blocks in 24 minutes in a brutal 118-88 loss to the Magic.

Well, that's not a good look. Normally, when a star falters like this they simply had a 'bad' or 'off' night, but things are a little different with Davis and the Pelicans after his trade demands and the fact he's still there. Coach Alvin Gentry has already said that Davis will play on Thursday against the Thunder (the Pels will be fined $100K every time he gets a healthy scratch), but his words after the game weren't exactly encouraging. "We sucked," Davis said. "Seemed like nobody was interested in playing." So, he demanded a trade, didn't get it, and is now calling out teammates? Additionally, Gentry said after the game that "he's done" talking about AD. If you own Davis and he's stressing you out too much, wait for him to have a better night before trading him. His fantasy value's probably as low as it's ever been when he's healthy.

source: Andrew Lopez on Twitter

when you guys saying the 100k fine report was fake news, here is another report talking about it. This is horrible when Gentry said: he is done. Really hope Pelican can right the ship and show some integrity to the game. Crossing my finger and am ready to go down with the ship. Thanks AD for a wonderful dream of winning championship this season. 

I think he's done talking about AD. He wants to salvage what he can of the season. If he keeps talking about AD, it'll continue to be a huge distraction for the team. AD's not going to another team until the offseason, why continue to talk about it?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I think he's done talking about AD. He wants to salvage what he can of the season. If he keeps talking about AD, it'll continue to be a huge distraction for the team. AD's not going to another team until the offseason, why continue to talk about it?

‘cause the media loooooooves it.