tonycpsu

2018 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

Went into SNF up 3 points in a non PPR league (6 points for TDs, 2 points for 50 yards rushing/receiving) and my opponent had Zeke, Kamara, Fuller and Reed and I had no one. I ended up winning by 1.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I was this close to dropping Dustin Hopkins and selecting Cameron Brate because I was projected to win by 48 points and my opponent had Brees, Ben Watson, and Thompson. 

I had the said Dustin Hopkins and Kamara. But chickened out because I thought Brees would have a special night. 

Had Watson scored on that throw from Brees. And had Thompson not gotten knocked out of the game....it would have gotten really close. 

But alas. I’m 5-0 in ppr and 3-2 in 0.25 ppr. 

Edited by Tenner

I started Enunwa, Baldwin, Reed, and Kamara this week. Scored 2nd lowest points and still won. Talk about lucky...

Went into the 4th quarter of MNF up 7 pts vs Brees and Chris Thompson and won by 4 pts...

5-0 just like my Rams!

LETS GO!!!!

5-0 ... 20/130 teams
4-1 ... 78/130 teams
3-2 ... 20/130 teams
2-3 ... 8/130 teams
1-4 ... 4/130 

1 hour ago, ponza88 said:

5-0 just like my Rams!

LETS GO!!!!

5-0 ... 20/130 teams
4-1 ... 78/130 teams
3-2 ... 20/130 teams
2-3 ... 8/130 teams
1-4 ... 4/130 

Lmao 130 teams 

• Haha 2

Went into Monday night with a 3.39 lead and no players left. He has Jordan Reed. I won by .79

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2018 at 1:52 PM, Sternes said:

Wasn't the plan, but the way the draft shaped up I kept losing targets before I picked, and decided to not reach on guys I didn't like. I thought I could get Gronk or Howard in the 2nd and both were gone.  Wanted Collins in 4th and he went in the 3rd after my pick.  Freeman went top of the 4th.  Wilson went the pick before me. In person draft which makes it a bit different without rankings. In the 5th or so decided to keep taking WR and use it for trades hopefully.

Hopkins

AJ Green 

Hilton (Gronk trade)

Baldwin

Sanders

Funchess

Benjamin

Watkins (Gronk trade)

Barber

Robby Anderson

Bilial Powell

Gio Bernard

Nykeim Hines (Gronk trade)

James Conner

Martavis Bryant

Panthers

Butker

Alex Smith

I ended up working out a trade for Gronk towards the end of the draft.  I had the Kelce owner as well, but he wasn't as willing to deal.  Both ended up with TE depth for some reason, perhaps it was to trade back with me.  Gronk/Graham (7th round) and Kelce/Engram (9th round).  Got Gronk for Hilton+Watkins+Hines.  Kelce owner wanted Green+Baldwin.  Gronk owner had Beckham/Crabtree/J. Ross/Lockett/M. Williams.  Hilton is instant starter and then he can flex in one of those other guys or Watkins who he really likes.  I think that was the catalyst for the trade when I took him honestly in the 8th.

Because of how heavy everyone went on RB, there were two that went RB the 1st 3 rounds; even teams that took a #1 RB might be weak with their #2.

The whole time they couldn't believe I'd keep taking WR which worked to my advantage.  I'd like an upgrade at RB, but after seeing the results in comparison to other teams in the league, I'd do it again.  I don't think I can pull it off next year as everyone will be expecting it. We start 2 WR/2RB/Flex so I'm still hoping to unload some of these guys.  If not, I won't have to play against any of them.

Current starting lineup

QB - Smith

RB - Barber, Powell, Bernard, Hines, Conner

WR - Hopkins, Green, Baldwin (Flex), Sanders, Funchess, Benjamin, Anderson, Bryant

TE - Gronk

Def - Panthers

K - Butker

If I can manage a solid RB for a pair of WR I'd be sitting pretty.   This is PPR as well.  If Powell can get me a few catches a week I will be fine.  Comparing to other teams, there are only 3 teams with 3 good WR.  Most have 2 decent starters.  An injury will hurt them.  I've had some interesting trade offers since the draft.  Most lowball awful stuff because they think I **NEED** a RB.  Stuff like Baldwin for Jamaal Williams (he has Zeke, Freeman, and Lynch too, but offered me Williams).  Baldwin+Green for Burkhead+Duke Johnson.  I'd happily trade any of the guys past Hopkins alone or in a package for a RB but something decent.  For example, one guy has Bell/Henry/Hyde/McCoy with a WR group of: Fitzgerald/Hurns/Nelson/Richardson/Parker.  I'd take pretty much start everyone other than Bryant over that group. Aside from Sanders and Bryant, I think I have the #1 on all the teams for receiving option.  Tried to float a Hyde for Funchess trade but he wanted Baldwin which seemed too steep for me; perhaps I am wrong.

Way too lasy to read all that, but you traded way too much for Gronk

Edited by dmb3684

One league has yardage bonuses...Dallas keeps my opp's Elliott in for one more play of garbage time to get him to the century mark, finishes with 106.....luckily that league's rush/rec yardage bonus is 110, just gotta dodge NE D and Harrison Buttkisser getting 30 pts and I can even my record in that league at 3-3

Thought i had this wrapped up Thursday with Barkley but now Im hoping Josh Gordon + T.Hill > Mahommes + 3 Points PPR

I was behind by 8 Fpts tonight with only Davante Adams in play at the bottom of the 4th. With 1:55 left on the clock, Adams got his second TD of the day for exactly 8.1 fpts in 0.5 PPR. This has been the best MNF for me ever.

Edited by jbj
  • Like 1

I was losing by 15.7 points with only M. Crosby and my opponent had A. Morris...

I beat him by 1.3 points with 4 FGs and 4 XPs... A. Morris had 0 point.

• Thanks 1

I was prolly one of the few to start Mason Crosby tonight.

I lost my game, but that was an impressive 17 points tonight. 

Those 17 points could have tiebreaker implications down the road. 

I dropped him for Greg Zuerlein. But then he didn't come back so I picked Bailey even though Crosby cleared waivers. Someone dropped Lutz so I picked him up. I figure Lutz is a better bet ROS than Crosby.

6-0 for the first time!

12 teamer, 1.0 ppr, .5 per completion, .2 per rush attempt.

Auction, keeper league with an annual rookie draft.

Tanked last season to get Saquon first overall, having watched him all throughout college as well as PSU alum.

Team: Saquon Deez Nuts

QB: Luck

RBs: Saquon, Zeke, CMAC

WRs: TY, Cooks, Juju

TE: Ertz

Def: Bears

K: Dan Bailey

Bench:

Dion, Peyton Barber, Ito, John Brown, Cole Beasley, OJ

What’s your 6-0 team look like?

Up by 45+ points going into tonight. Opponent had Rodgers/Adams stack. I had Aaron Jones. Goodbye and goodnight. My score was good enough to beat everyone else in the league.

Scored 236 in PPR tonight for the highest score of our league. Adams finishing off a fine week as I go 6-0 for my first ever fantasy football season. What do I do now?!!

28 minutes ago, Gage said:

6-0 for the first time!

12 teamer, 1.0 ppr, .5 per completion, .2 per rush attempt.

Auction, keeper league with an annual rookie draft.

Tanked last season to get Saquon first overall, having watched him all throughout college as well as PSU alum.

Team: Saquon Deez Nuts

QB: Luck

RBs: Saquon, Zeke, CMAC

WRs: TY, Cooks, Juju

TE: Ertz

Def: Bears

K: Dan Bailey

Bench:

Dion, Peyton Barber, Ito, John Brown, Cole Beasley, OJ

What’s your 6-0 team look like?

Your team name is a league winner. 

• Thanks 1

Traded Kittle and Bears D a little over a week ago, and I happened to play against the guy I traded him to this week. I was up 8 with only his Kittle left coming into tonight and I won 105-104 lmao 6 combined points between Kittle and Bears D this week. I got incredibly lucky. Burned him pretty bad this week, and most weeks you lose only putting up 105 in PPR.

Edited by Broncos132

6-0, but not just a normal 6-0.  I've been the highest scoring team 5 out of 6 weeks, and the week that I wasn't, I was the 2nd highest scoring team. 

33 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I'm 5-1 and lead the league in points scored. 

This is the year. 

I'm 4-2 in one league and 3-3 in another. In both leagues I have the least scoring against me. And not surprisingly I'm middle of the pack in points scored in my 4-2 league and near the bottom in my 3-3 league. I was so close to being 6-0 in the 4-2 league because of a couple roster decisions. But then again I have also been really close to losing a bunch of my weeks. Guess luck is on my side this season.

Went into MNF down 97-117 in standard. We were the only 4-1 Had Adams and was going against GB defense. Won by 1 on the last play. Overcame Watson's dud :)